COVID-19 'Pandemic'

taxslave
+2
People die on the highway every single day. Very few are calling for keeping cars off the road and 2 meters is way too close if you are following.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Do you mean AFTER washing their hands?

No issue after washing their hands.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

People die on the highway every single day. Very few are calling for keeping cars off the road and 2 meters is way too close if you are following.

There are laws about tailgating.

Cliffy
+2

JLM
+1 / -1

Absolutely, BUT how much would the fatality rate improve if people just limited their driving to what is necessary. I know a lot of people who drive to town 2 or 3 times a day when with a little planning only one is necessary. The added payoff is it would likely save you $several hundred a year! A third is it would improve the environment. If we are going to get through all this shit we have to concentrate on being dollar wise!

pgs
+2

Absolutely, BUT how much would the fatality rate improve if people just limited their driving to what is necessary. I know a lot of people who drive to town 2 or 3 times a day when with a little planning only one is necessary. The added payoff is it would likely save you $several hundred a year! A third is it would improve the environment. If we are going to get through all this shit we have to concentrate on being dollar wise!

Some people enjoy driving , and can afford the gas . Maybe three trips a day keeps them busy .

Ocean Breeze
+2

accidents are not air born potentially deadly contagious. A lot of people die from Cancer too. But cancer is not "contagious in an air born virus way. One cannot look at this from the death toll perspective only. The KEY factor is the rapidity, and power of the contagion. and transmission potential. (which is HIGH with this virus) Those that don't die are left with scars specific to this virus........and they can be troublesome. . affecting quality of life.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Some people enjoy driving , and can afford the gas . Maybe three trips a day keeps them busy .

Do they consider the pollution the rest of us have to breathe in?

taxme
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Refreshing to read about ordinary Russians dealing with issues we all deal with-the lack of anti-Putin hysteria in this article is notable.
Temperature checks and no masks: School is back in Russia, but classes are much the same
Colourful ceremonies survive as administrators try to keep COVID-19 out of schools

As Russian children returned to school this week after a six-month break, there was little sign of masks or physical distancing but plenty of evidence of other measures to try to keep COVID-19 out of the country's classrooms.
"We're so glad that they are back to school in a more traditional format and not how it was in March and April," parent Sergei Yerofeev told CBC News as he waited proudly with his five-year-old son Sasha at the school in Balashikha, a bedroom community about 30 kilometres outside Moscow.
Like many other countries, Russia stopped classroom learning in March as coronavirus cases increased, leaving kids to take their classes long-distance.
CBC News asked to visit the school to survey the COVID-19 precautions brought in by Russia's government and administrators agreed.
The first day of class is known as Den Znanii or "Day of Knowledge" and is meant to be a celebration of education.
With the kids carrying plentiful flowers for their teachers and their desks decorated in balloons, parents voiced relief that even in the midst of a pandemic, some traditions and ceremonies had not been sacrificed in the battle against COVID-19.

"We're optimistic," said Yerofeev about having children back together again safely in a school setting. "I don't feel worried."
Even though many educators outside Russia are urging children to avoid touching or direct contact with one another, at the Balashikhan School, the new Grade 1 students held hands and walked in through the building's front doors together.
Whereas many Canadian provinces have opted for mask use, smaller groupings in classrooms and maximized physical distancing, Russia has stressed different priorities.

ts formula relies on the mass testing of school employees, daily temperature checks and intensive handwashing for everyone.
Start times for students have been staggered to avoid crowds at entrances and kids who usually rotate between classrooms will instead remain in one spot and have teachers come to them.
"Our authorities are taking all necessary precautions to avoid the spread of the virus in the school. I think it's quite safe," English teacher Elena Arkhipova told CBC.
Mass testing
Health authorities in Moscow say in the weeks leading up to the start of classes, they have tested more than 180,000 teachers and support staff who work in the city's vast school system , with roughly three per cent — or 5,500 —testing positive. Those who did were sent home.
Arkhipova said the numbers suggest students are at very low risk of contracting COVID-19 from teachers — and it also makes mask wearing unnecessary.
"It's quite uncomfortable for a teacher to wear a mask, and for the students. All the teachers have been tested and don't have the disease," said Arkhipova.

The Balashikha school has installed sophisticated temperature screening devices near the front door, much like what many airports now use to check passengers. As the children walk inside, cameras take their pictures and a thermometer scans their temperature. The results are displayed on a monitor for security staff.
A team of support workers also keeps handheld devices as a backup.
Russia's state TV Channel One reported that schools will have to closely monitor how the new system is working and report back on any problems.
"Schools will enter into the database data on how children feel," said a posting on the channel's website. "This will allow you to get a real picture and track the dynamics of the spread of viral diseases."
Parents and students who were seeing the new measures for the first time this week appeared to be generally supportive.
"I think [COVID-19] will just bypass us," said parent Victoria Veprentsev.
"If there is a second wave, then we'll put the masks back on," said Miron Yurin, who's starting Grade 9. "But right now everything is OK."
Russia officially passed one million coronavirus cases earlier this week — the fourth-largest tally in the world. However, official government numbers suggest the rate of infections is about half of what it was at its peak in the late spring.

Still, roughly 5,000 people a day continue to test positive, according to the national health agency. Many Western observers question the Russian statistics, however, noting the country's death count of 17,400 is substantially lower than most European countries.
Putin's lesson
President Vladimir Putin kicked off the learning on Tuesday in a teleconference call where he made only a passing reference to the educational challenges posed by COVID-19.
"These restrictions are necessary to protect your health and the health of others around you — your grandparents, parents and everybody at school and at home," said a transcript of Putin's remarks provided by the Kremlin.

He then went on to speak at length about the need to learn about Russian victories in the Second War War, or what Russians refer to as the Great Patriotic War.
Controversial vaccine
Russia's government is also counting on its much-hyped coronavirus vaccine — dubbed Sputnik V — to ensure classrooms around the vast country remain open.
The first batch of mass inoculations involving up to 40,000 people will start later this month as part a Phase 3 trial, according to Health Minister Mikhail Murashko, even as immunologists outside the country openly question whether the vaccine will actually work.
So far, it's only been tested on a few dozen patients and the Gamaleya Research Institute, which is developing the vaccine, has yet to publish its findings in-peer reviewed publications.

Dmitry Belousov, the director of the Balashikha school, acknowledged some teachers have concerns about the vaccine but he expects most will take the injection in the end. The government insists taking the vaccine is voluntary but some teachers groups aren't convinced of that.
"We conducted a survey of employees — it was an informal conversation and I saw that there are doubts," Belousov told CBC.
"If you take the risk of taking the a vaccine or staying alive, it is better to insure yourself. I believe that this is a certain kind of insurance."
Parents appeared equally conflicted.
"Well, to be honest of course it's scary," said Alexander Ryzhkov, who has a daughter in Grade 7. "We don't know what kind of vaccine this really is."

Way the go Russia and Putin. Now it's time for our Canadian schools in Canada to follow Russia's example. Enough already and let's all get back to the good old normal days. I have had enough of this scamdemic bull shit. Why these politicians and the media and those so called health experts want to keep this bs going is beyond me unless there is something in it for them. Apparently, many people have been getting rich from this scamdemic. Woke the hell up will you zombie hoax followers. Chuckle.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

accidents are not air born potentially deadly contagious. A lot of people die from Cancer too. But cancer is not "contagious in an air born virus way. One cannot look at this from the death toll perspective only. The KEY factor is the rapidity, and power of the contagion. and transmission potential. (which is HIGH with this virus) Those that don't die are left with scars specific to this virus........and they can be troublesome. . affecting quality of life.

Nice to read a sensible post occasionally.

taxme

If we all want to get away from all of this Covid shit then stop being a bloody follower and start acting more like a leader. Your politicians have no doubt spent hundreds of billions of our tax dollars on trying to solve this seasonal flu crises scamdemic. Your dear leader comrades already know that this is all just bull shit so why can't you see it, covidiot? If your politicians believe that this Covid is all for real and dangerous well then it's no wonder Canada is in big time trouble. We are then being led by a bunch of brainless twits.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Tin foil hat on to tight today Cliffy?

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

If we all want to get away from all of this Covid shit then stop being a bloody follower and start acting more like a leader. Your politicians have no doubt spent hundreds of billions of our tax dollars on trying to solve this seasonal flu crises scamdemic. Your dear leader comrades already know that this is all just bull shit so why can't you see it, covidiot? If your politicians believe that this Covid is all for real and dangerous well then it's no wonder Canada is in big time trouble. We are then being led by a bunch of brainless twits.

You seem to have all the answers, Einstein!

taxme

You got it right. As far as the guy who was cured of Covid by HCQ, was it proven he actually had Covid in the first place? I think what we may be dealing with here is anecdotal evidence!

HCQ is working. Why do you think that the MSM refuses to talk about it? What are they and the medical system worried about anyway by talking about it. On FOX NEWS with Tucker he had medical doctors on that have said that HCQ was safe to use. Many of those doctors were later fired after their interview. A sign that big pharma is running scared.

So, the people that are supposedly dying from this Covid virus did they really die from Covid at all in the first place or something else but were placed in the Covid column to make the numbers appear higher than what they really are? Well?

taxme

Lots of leftys on there. Obviously not practising what they preach.

They appear to be all from the same globalist deep state Zionist cabal club. Coincidence by chance? Like hell!!! They are just a few of many that are behind running this scamdemic and making billions between them on the side. The losers once again are we the people who just will never get it or will never learn. They just keep believing those liars willy-nilly without question. Even our own politicians, the media, and those so called health experts are in on the game. Our dear comrade leaders have now become dictators. People listen to us or else. We will fine or even jail you if we have too.

If we want to end this scamdemic once and for all than we must all band together and stop wearing masks and doing social distancing. As long as people keep wearing those face diaper masks they will be saying to those globalists that I am glad to be one of your zombie slaves. Say enough already. Let's all get back to the old normal. Works for me.

taxme
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Exactly, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to wear a mask. Period. You don't want to wear a mask, don't wear a mask, it's that simple.

Are you always this out to lunch? I am being forced to wear a face diaper in many places that I go too. If I do not wear a face mask they will not let me in. Try going into Walmart without a mask on and see what happens. There is no gun being used just force. You like to always think that life is so simple, eh? Well, it is not, mac.

taxme

Why not simply follow the prescriptions and avoid all that BS. Wear the mask........it is not going to kill anyone.

Why don't we all just stay at home until nothing happens anymore. LOL.

Walter

Free will and liberty are fantastic concepts that Progs hate.

Ocean Breeze
B.C. adds 429 cases of COVID-19, breaking new caseload record

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-adds-429-c...cord-1.5096102

JLM
+1

Maybe some of these lunkheads will start getting the picture!

taxme
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Free will and liberty are fantastic concepts that Progs hate.

I am beginning to believe that progs hate themselves. They seem to always enjoy trying to make their own lives miserable all the time. They always seem to want more government in their lives and then can't seem to figure out as to why their useless lives are so deplorable. Those leftist liberal progs buffoons are truly an exercise in futility. LOL.

taxme

Just recently in Germany 40,000 Germans demonstrated against all of the Covid restrictions that are in place in Germany like having to wear face diaper masks and do social distancing or engineering. They all wanted their old normal lives back. I say great for those German patriotic people. At least it's nice to see that so many people have come to their senses and finally have said that they have had enough of this scamdemic virus hoax and want it gone. Good for them!!!

Recently here in Canada there were about 4000 Canadians in Toronto that did the same thing and they were demonstrating against this so called scamdemic. Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of this scamdemic and the beginning of getting our old normal lives back as it once was before our dear comrade politicians decided to make Canadians lives miserable as hell and be able to use this scamdemic to run and ruin our lives. They all know that this is all bullshit. But do people like you know yet? Woke up. Stop being a follower and show some leadership for a change if that is possible for you. Just saying. LOL

Mockingbird
+1

Are you always this out to lunch? I am being forced to wear a face diaper in many places that I go too. If I do not wear a face mask they will not let me in. Try going into Walmart without a mask on and see what happens. There is no gun being used just force. You like to always think that life is so simple, eh? Well, it is not, mac.

Am I always this out to lunch? Well no, I think what I stated was reasonable. If you don't want to wear a mask, don't wear one. Need something from Walmart and can't get in without wearing a mask? Shop online and do curbside pick up. Grocery stores offer this as well. You can do plenty of online shopping and your goods are delivered to your door. It is that simple, no mask required. You are free to make that decision for yourself. So no, you don't have to wear a mask if you don't want to.

By the way, any direct links yet that prove surgeons and nurses are dying of lung cancer as a direct result of wearing face masks?

taxme

There were close to 40,000 Germans that demonstrated against this Covid scamdemic a few weeks ago in Germany. They pretty much have said that they have had enough of this scamdemic bull shit, and they want their old normal lives back. It was great to see that finally some people are starting to wake up and doing and saying something about this farce of a virus hoax.

In Ontario a few weeks ago there was a demonstration against this Covid scamdemic. There were about 4000 people at the demonstration saying that they have pretty much had enough of this scamdemic and all that was associated with this scamdemic. They appeared to want their own old normal lives back as it once was. It was nice to see that there are some patriotic Canadians in Canada who are willing to say enough already.

Of course our dear comrade leaders still want to keep the scamdemic game going because they appear to have been allowed to now become dictators and it will be do as I say or it will be fines or jail time for all. And even the Canadian MSM are complicit in this scam because as far as I know they have not reported on any of those two demonstrations.

it's those covidiot lunkheads that need to get the picture. It's obvious that you will never get the picture. LOL.

Ocean Breeze
+2

sadly , I doubt it. Their minds are made up......don't confuse them with FACTS.

Mockingbird
+1

Your logic here is somewhat flawed in that typically when there is a fatality as a result of a highway traffic accident the highway is often shut down. First responders attent to the injured, an investigation takes place to determine the cause of the accident and the debris/damaged vehicles are removed to make the highway safe for continued use. And further measures may take place to make the highway safer. I kind of liken that response to the response to covid. Shut down, tend to the stricken, investigate and if necessary put safety measures in place. One could also mention that when highway conditions become too dangerous to travel on be it a result of weather, accident, natural disasters etc they are quite often shut down for the safety of everyone who uses them.

JLM
+2

Do you always whine about every little thing? Make the necessary adjustments and put a lid on it. I wear a mask every time I go in any store. What's the problem?

Mockingbird

Do you always whine about every little thing? Make the necessary adjustments and put a lid on it. I wear a mask every time I go in any store. What's the problem?

I don't get why some have such a dramatic, over exaggerated response to something as simple as wearing a mask. I too wear one every time I patronize a business which is only about half an hour to an hour every few days. I don't otherwise wear one so it is a non issue to me.

Walter

How many are hospitalized?

Ocean Breeze
+1
AstraZeneca pauses COVID-19 vaccine trial after unexplained illness in U.K.: reports

https://globalnews.ca/news/7322708/o..._campaign=2020