Canadian tire.... unbelievable

mayety

On January 27, 2009 I had a new battery installed at Canadian Tire. There was a charge as well for a new ”negative battery clamp“.

Two months later that battery was DEAD!….so I just struck off in my wheelchair to the office. On the way a car backed out of a driveway and ran me down. So after 2˝ years and 3 surgeries on my broken femur, the last one removing the femoral head, I am still in pain, but have no hip rotation (the leg is useless) and am very close, with my lawyer, to filing a claim.

Meanwhile, as bad as the pain was I wanted to get my car on the go again and it wasn’t until today, that finally one of the servicemen found what is likely the problem.

The negative battery clamp was wrong. It appears that, back in 2009, Canadian Tire, finagled a positive battery clamp into a negative, which is apparently supposed to be smaller. Is spite of the finagling, the clamp was loose, and all this while that I am healing, and going through Hell, I find this out, by finally taking my car to Chrysler.

Just a negative on Canadian Tire.

bill barilko
Sh!t happens.

MHz
Should have got a boost and drove there. How much did the courts give you for the 'accident' and how much did your Lawyer get.

TenPenny
+3
#4  Top Rated Post
Canadian Tire is no place to take a car for repairs, but a great place to buy miscellaneous stuff.

wulfie68
Canadian Tire is like many other chains: the variance in quality of personnel means a variance in quality of service. Some stores are great, some will be crap.

mayety
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Should have got a boost and drove there. How much did the courts give you for the 'accident' and how much did your Lawyer get.

Already being in the underground garage it was just as fast to wheel to the Office, from out the garage door, as to go back upstairs and make an appointment, when the meeting was in 15 minutes. Do you know when you'll be struck down? and the value of my claim is certainly none of your business!

Yes SH*T happens ....

but to be on the side of Canadian Tire for fashioning a phoney negative clamp from a positive is beneath contempt.

bill barilko
+2
Quote:

to be on the side of Canadian Tire for fashioning a phoney negative clamp from a positive is beneath contempt.

To patronise the cheapest car repair place extant-where apprentices are paid minimum wage and perform accordingly-is to set oneself up for nasty surprises sooner or later.

mayety
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

To patronise the cheapest car repair place extant-where apprentices are paid minimum wage and perform accordingly-is to set oneself up for nasty surprises sooner or later.

Well no one told me, and now I must tell my Grandchildren!

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mayety View Post

Well no one told me, and now I must tell my Grandchildren!

Just like not all garages are alike....not all Canadian Tire are alike. All depends who runs them.

#juan
I've had better luck with Canadian Tire than a couple auto dealerships. Canadian Tire is a franchise situation and
some are better than others. We've had good service from the store in Nanaimo.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Sh!t happens.

mayety don't pay attention to this guy. He rides a bicycle and has a huge chip on his shoulder about car drivers.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

On this other hand this guy thinks the world is out to get him. Corporate lawyers, Bankers, Cup Cake producers.

Already being in the underground garage it was just as fast to wheel to the Office, from out the garage door, as to go back upstairs and make an appointment, when the meeting was in 15 minutes. Do you know when you'll be struck down? and the value of my claim is certainly none of your business!

Yes SH*T happens ....

but to be on the side of Canadian Tire for fashioning a phoney negative clamp from a positive is beneath contempt.

One would think changing a battery clamp would be a simple task. I generally do most of that stuff myself and for the bigger stuff I have a local guy. As Tenpenny said. Canadian Tire is great for buying stuff, but mechanical work can be pretty spotty. Well he didn't say that exactly, but close enough.

eh1eh
+1
Canadian Tire hates cripples.

taxslave
+1
It is called CRAPPY TIRE for a reason.

mayety
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Canadian Tire hates cripples.

YOU are disgusting!

I'm a woman who uses a wheelchair and in 42 years no one , but you has made reference to me with the word 'cripple'.

Retired_Can_Soldier

YOU are disgusting!

I'm a woman who uses a wheelchair and in 42 years no one , but you has made reference to me with the word 'cripple'.

So cripple is a bad word too...

Where the hell is my white out!

TenPenny

YOU are disgusting!

YOU are too sensitive. If you're not a cripple, what do you need the wheelchair for?

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

YOU are too sensitive. If you're not a cripple, what do you need the wheelchair for?

Mobility Challenged?..............Gotta get with the PC, Tenner. Y'ain't survivin Canukistan without you do. The HR tribunal'l have yer noobies fer breakfast.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Cripple

• A person or animal that is partially disabled or unable to use a limb or limbs: cannot race a horse that is a cripple.
  • A damaged or defective object or device.
tr.v., -pled, -pling, -ples.

• To cause to lose the use of a limb or limbs.
  • To disable, damage, or impair the functioning of: a strike that crippled the factory.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Cripple

• A person or animal that is partially disabled or unable to use a limb or limbs: cannot race a horse that is a cripple.
  • A damaged or defective object or device.
tr.v., -pled, -pling, -ples.

• To cause to lose the use of a limb or limbs.
  • To disable, damage, or impair the functioning of: a strike that crippled the factory.

It was probably the goddam union that crippled the factory......................

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

It was probably the goddam union that crippled the factory......................

Now that's not right Nug. They handi-capabled the factory.

CDNBear

SLM

Ok, that was so bad, it was good.

LMAO.