Stop the repeal of net neutrality


Cannuck
-1
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Government regulation is never good.
If it Moves, Tax it. If it Keeps Moving, Regulate it. And if it Stops Moving, Subsidize it.

Absolutely it should be regulated. I only have one wire coming into my house and wireless is not dependable enough yet. There is no real competition in the industry.
 
taxslave
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Similarly, you cell phone carrier should be allowed to determine who you are permitted to call.

To an extent they do. They get to determine how much and when it is long distance. Also who pays extra for it and who doesn't.
 
Walter
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Absolutely it should be regulated. I only have one wire coming into my house and wireless is not dependable enough yet. There is no real competition in the industry.

You're not a free enterprise guy.
 
Cannuck
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

You're not a free enterprise guy.

When there is free enterprise, yes. True free markets are a myth when there is only one wire or pipeline available to all suppliers.
 
TenPenny
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Absolutely it should be regulated. I only have one wire coming into my house and wireless is not dependable enough yet. There is no real competition in the industry.



Why do you only have one wire coming into your house?
 
Angstrom
+1
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

You've already fallen for fearmongering, you are scared of everyone, and call them communists.

Nature has existed for billions of years in perfect balance but for some reason you Communist want to regulate the fuk out of everything because you think nature is broken. Stop acting like a communist and ill stop calling you one
 
TenPenny
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Nature has existed for billions of years in perfect balance but for some reason you Communist want to regulate the fuk out of everything because you think nature is broken. Stop acting like a communist and ill stop calling you one



You don't seem to understand anything you say.
 
B00Mer
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

You don't seem to understand anything you say.

That what Trolls do.. spew BS.
 
Cannuck
-1
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Why do you only have one wire coming into your house?

Most rural homes have none unless you count the phone line. We have Shaw cable so we have have the option between dial up, Shaw and wireless. Dial up isn't a real option and wireless is so spotty it's only an option to those without a cable connection. Shaw cable is the only realistic option for us. That's not really a free market

People like Wally don't really like free markets. Giving monopolies the power over consumers is not promoting free markets.
 
Walter
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Most rural homes have none unless you count the phone line. We have Shaw cable so we have have the option between dial up, Shaw and wireless. Dial up isn't a real option and wireless is so spotty it's only an option to those without a cable connection. Shaw cable is the only realistic option for us. That's not really a free market

People like Wally don't really like free markets. Giving monopolies the power over consumers is not promoting free markets.

Only a free market will get you that second line.
 
Cannuck
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Only a free market will get you that second line.

Nope. There isn't enough business here and the infrastructure is far too expensive. Competition will only occur by allowing different service provider to use the same wire, much like gas and electricity.
 
TenPenny
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Nope. There isn't enough business here and the infrastructure is far too expensive. Competition will only occur by allowing different service provider to use the same wire, much like gas and electricity.



Apparently it's not too expensive, if you have cable.
 
Cannuck
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Apparently it's not too expensive, if you have cable.

What are you talking about?
 
AMKiller
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

So, umm.

When are you leaving us?

You gave me another bad rating but have written nothing as to why you think the repeal of net neutrality is a good idea.
 
Angstrom
#45
Fake news
 
TenPenny
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

What are you talking about?



I have no idea what you're talking about, you're going on about not having internet choices because it's too expensive, but you also claim you have internet choices.
 
Cannuck
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about, you're going on about not having internet choices because it's too expensive, but you also claim you have internet choices.

It's ok. Do your best to keep up
 
Hoid
-1
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Trump will be remember as the President who f*cked America for generations to come..

Reagan already has that title. It has been all downhill since Reagan.
 
TenPenny
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

It's ok. Do your best to keep up


You're trying to keep up with me, you'll have to try harder. Maybe you need a better internet connection.
 
Cannuck
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

You're trying to keep up with me

Nope
 

Similar Threads

9
Net neutrality beyond dumb
by Locutus | Oct 1st, 2018
9
Net Neutrality
by OpposingDigit | Nov 23rd, 2017
46
Ontario to Repeal G20 Stop and Search Law
by mentalfloss | Apr 29th, 2011
0
1