Fracking For Oil Triggers Manmade Earthquakes, Studies Confirm


Liberalman
#1
Fracking For Oil Triggers Manmade Earthquakes, Studies Confirm

Fracking for oil triggers manmade earthquakes, studies confirm - thestar.com

"Two separate studies are providing insights into the earth-shaking consequences of the controversial gas extraction process known as fracking."

"Both studies confirm that hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, can trigger manmade earthquakes when water, sand and chemicals are blasted deep into the ground to fracture rock to obtain oil and natural gas."

When the oil companies use fracking it is the people that live around the site that gets frucked big time
 
bill barilko
#2
No it doesn't!

I know fracking is harmless because the nice old men here say so.
 
petros
+2
#3
There are around 5 quakes yearly in Sask from potash mining. It's no big deal.
 
Goober
+4
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

No it doesn't!

I know fracking is harmless because the nice old men here say so.

Well I do know that Fuking can lead to idiots 9 months later.
 
MHz
+1
#5
Drill it all at once then and readjust society once it stops shaking. Try to sink the Mississippi River valley so it can become the NAFTA Super hi-way.
 
B00Mer
#6
[youtube]exazFKY51ss[/youtube]

The only question I have is... if fracking causes earthquakes, can one sue the gas companies doing the drilling if an earthquake damages your home or property???

Cigarettes companies got sued for Lung Injuries from Smoking.. so why not gas companies for damages caused to property??
 
MHz
#7
Even trailer people know to bottle the flammable stuff. Now if that is your lawn also then you are on your own.

Gasland: Dangers of Natural Gas Extraction (Extended Trailer) - YouTube
 
B00Mer
+1
#8
It's a 2012 alien apocalypse conspiracy!!!!



Honestly....
 
petros
#9
 
Walter
#10
Fracking Turned OPEC Into The Walking Dead
https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rices-falling/

MAGA
 
MHz
#11
OPEC has a tap on their exports, there is no tap on a fracked well. When you try the gas just comes out in all the cracks within a km of the well. That is not the same as 'free NG'.
 
petros
+1
#12
Where did get that idea? Jews?
 
MHz
#13
Got any untreated phobias?



The blowout in the Gulf is the best examples. The water wells in ND spitting out gas before water is another example. You need the links as your Jewish friends seem to have withheld these vids from you. Probably didn't want to clutter your beautiful mind with some pesky facts.


I can leave the Jews out of topics they aren't a part of. An ability you obviously lack so accept you are the moron in 'our relationship'.
 
Hoid
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Fracking Turned OPEC Into The Walking Dead
https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rices-falling/

MAGA

not to mention Alberta
 
MHz
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

not to mention Alberta

Sask fracks, AB are (almost all)single holes, 6 or so in the same lease
 
Twin_Moose
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Got any untreated phobias?



The blowout in the Gulf is the best examples. The water wells in ND spitting out gas before water is another example. You need the links as your Jewish friends seem to have withheld these vids from you. Probably didn't want to clutter your beautiful mind with some pesky facts.


I can leave the Jews out of topics they aren't a part of. An ability you obviously lack so accept you are the moron in 'our relationship'.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Sask fracks, AB are (almost all)single holes, 6 or so in the same lease

Hahahahaha you need more research in fracking, stay out of Sputnik, and Russia today for research
 
Jinentonix
+1
#17
I love anti-frackers. Especially when they shoot off their yaps about using geo-thermal power.

Funfact: The first earthquake known to be caused by fracking was a geo-thermal proof of concept facility in Switzerland that was never completed.
 
MHz
#18
I've lived in AB for 65 years and worked in the patch most winters. Even then this map would support the areas that are being developed compared to what it might look like in 100 years.
 
MHz
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

I love anti-frackers. Especially when they shoot off their yaps about using geo-thermal power.

Funfact: The first earthquake known to be caused by fracking was a geo-thermal proof of concept facility in Switzerland that was never completed.

As in Hawaii size (volcano victim) or using it 'off-grid' to lower heating/cooling demands?


ND has a problem with gas coming out of their taps before water does. The solution to carbonated water id to have a small tank as the high-point in the system and the gas can be vented or used as a fuel if it is flammable. Lots of flare stacks burning the gas off is better than letting it escape as a raw product. Elk and Buffalo in Yellowstone would be gas as would fish kills in the ocean as 'gas from black smokers' comes up in other places. I don't know of that has been put forward as a possible cause for flocks of birds dying while in flight, or passing out and crashing and that kills them.

Oil wells run at high pressure, a fracked coal seam needs a vacuum to be applied or it makes its own path to the surface. A shut fracked well would act like the blowout in the GOM, the gas came up on the outside of the BOP when that id the 'fail-safe device'.
A 'quake' caused by a shut down well would be rock breaking to create a fig void or it is making an existing one bigger, the ground should lift and rivers will seem to dry up. In wells that are under vacuum the existing voids will collapse and the ground will sink . The line from the GOM through the Great Lakes is already prone as that is the line where the outflows from the Pacific Rift and the Atlantic Rifts meet and the trend is to suck the crust down rather than anything get elevated through that process.
 
Twin_Moose
#20
Gas comes out of faucets by Saskatoon as well and you know what? There is no oil industry there, you may have worked the patch, but you never understood it
 
MHz
#21
You should read my post instead of using your imagination. I didn't say gas in water was only caused by fracking. Hyth, AB also has gas with no fracking. My post was about having that condition and how to solve it.


That is what being a racist fuk, like yourself, does to your ability to read or talk with a 'clear mind'.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

OPEC has a tap on their exports, there is no tap on a fracked well. When you try the gas just comes out in all the cracks within a km of the well. That is not the same as 'free NG'.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Got any untreated phobias?



The blowout in the Gulf is the best examples. The water wells in ND spitting out gas before water is another example. You need the links as your Jewish friends seem to have withheld these vids from you. Probably didn't want to clutter your beautiful mind with some pesky facts.


I can leave the Jews out of topics they aren't a part of. An ability you obviously lack so accept you are the moron in 'our relationship'.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You should read my post instead of using your imagination. I didn't say gas in water was only caused by fracking. Hyth, AB also has gas with no fracking. My post was about having that condition and how to solve it.
That is what being a racist fuk, like yourself, does to your ability to read or talk with a 'clear mind'.

What was your solution a tap? every well has a tap even BP had a tap in the Gulf of Mexico it just wasn't big enough.

By the way it was a kick that blew through the BOP not a frack job on the BP tragedy
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You should read my post instead of using your imagination. I didn't say gas in water was only caused by fracking. Hyth, AB also has gas with no fracking. My post was about having that condition and how to solve it.
That is what being a racist fuk, like yourself, does to your ability to read or talk with a 'clear mind'.

BTW point out where I wrote something Racist in any post I made, also have you fully come out of the closet yet?
 

Similar Threads

16
3 Major Earthquakes in one day..
by B00Mer | Apr 13th, 2012
20
HAARP and Earthquakes
by Stretch | Apr 28th, 2011
22
MOTHER of Earthquakes hits Chile
by JLM | Feb 27th, 2010
35