Polls

LadyC
Quote:

LATEST NATIONAL POLL
Pollara
22/04/2005

Lib Cons NDP Bloc Green
31 35 18 12

One of the numbers is missing... unless the Greens have no support worth mentioning.

Reverend Blair
Or weren't on the questions.

LadyC
Could be. I just saw 5 parties but only 4 numbers. I wondered if you'd inadvertently missed one, but doing the math now, it adds up to 96%, which is usually the undecideds.

Reverend Blair
I just cut and paste them. That's why the formatting screws up like too.

LadyC
The formatting screws up even if you try to pretty it up by typing extra spaces to line everything up into nice little rows.

I'm not happy with that sentence... to many "up"s... but I'm just too tired to try to fix it.

mrmom2
F..k Polls they don't mean anything Just away for the powers that be to conrtol the sheeple Tell somebody something enough they will believe it

no1important
Ipsos-Reid - 23/04/2005
Liberal 30
Cons 35
NDP 18
Bloc
Green 5

No mention of bloc in this one either, for some reason.

Reverend Blair
The numbers for the Conservatives just aren't there, are they?

Cathou
the most recent poll i've seen in quebec give 51% to bloc, i think 22% liberals and something like 14% for conservative. and maybe 10% for NPD.

no1important
I wonder if Harper realizes they are not gaining much, with the margin of error the Libs and Tories are basically at a dead heat.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

the most recent poll i've seen in quebec give 51% to bloc, i think 22% liberals and something like 14% for conservative. and maybe 10% for NPD.

That sounds about right. The Conservatives numbers have gone up in Quebec, but that won't translate to any seats. Their numbers are also way up in ridings that they already hold. The Liberals misfortunes will also likely give seats to the NDP that were hotly contested between NDP and Conservatives last time. Their gains are liable to give them a few more seats, but I wouldn't even bet on them winning a minority.

Quote:

I wonder if Harper realizes they are not gaining much, with the margin of error the Libs and Tories are basically at a dead heat.

It's still too early to tell, but it's also starting to look as if the Liberals have stopped dropping and are on their way back up.

no1important
According to the radio Decima says the Tories have peaked and are just 32% now. Apparently this poll came out less than an hour ago.. 27% for libs and 21% for NDP.

Reverend Blair
Ah, that's where those numbers came from. I was wondering....

Reverend Blair
Decima Research
26/04/2005

Lib......27
Cons...32
NDP....21
Bloc....15
Green

Reverend Blair
Ipsos-Reid
26/04/2005

Lib 31
Cons 34
NDP 18
Bloc 11
Green 5

Looks like the Liberals are trending upward and the Conservaties are trending back down since the Martin speech.

Jo Canadian
Just to lighten the situation before the next polling results.

Cathou
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Ipsos-Reid
26/04/2005

Lib 31
Cons 34
NDP 18
Bloc 11
Green 5

Looks like the Liberals are trending upward and the Conservaties are trending back down since the Martin speech.

in quebec, Bloc are raising at 58 %, dont know about others party...

no1important
I am not suprised. I figured as much once the "anger" went down. I can see Martin getting getting a miniority. Hopefully the NDP,this time hold the "balance". If Harper brings down the government I think that he will lose more votes, since if you believe the polls know one wants an election now.

If the Conservatives had a better leader, they probably could of capitalized on Gomery more.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

in quebec, Bloc are raising at 58 %, dont know about others party...

I read something on a blog that Martin might lose his seat, but I can't it now. Has anybody else heard this?

Quote:

I am not suprised. I figured as much once the "anger" went down.

I think it's more than the anger going down, although that's definitely part of it. Martin's speech seemed to get the tables turning though. I think if he goes along with Layton it will keep the momentum up. They only have an agreement in principle right now though...I'm always leery when I hear politicians use that phrase.

no1important
Well i see the latest poll has Liberals 2 points ahead of Liberals.
Nationally:

liberals 30%
Conservatives- 28%
NDP- 18 %

I wonder if this will effect Harper's decision to try to bring down government?

I guess the Ontario polls is what matters.

But Libs are 38% in Ontario and Tories only 30 and NDP 23.

In Quebec- bloc 55%, Libs 16%, greens 12%, tories 9%, NDP 8%

He obviously lost all the momentum he had over Gomery. But with his assine remarks over NDP/Liberal deal to try to pass budget, bit him in the ass.

It was a "Strategic Counsels Poll"

Here

Reverend Blair
They had Jim Prentice on the National tonight. Even in deepest Calgary people are saying they don't want an election. Harper has a problem now. He's already said that he's going to force an election. The best he can hope for is a small majority.

I wonder if a few Conservatives might call in sick the day of the confidence motion?

MMMike
I don't understand all this opposition to having an election... Is it too much effort to go vote? If it is, please stay home; my vote will count even more. Is it the money? An election would cost around $200 to $300 million. Martins deal with the NDP to stay in power just cost us $5 billion. ??? So what is it? You don't need to be a judge to be able to draw conclusions on what Gomery has unearthed. So let's get on with it - THROW THE BUMS OUT!

Jay
"So let's get on with it - THROW THE BUMS OUT!"

Exactly. This government especially in a minority position has lost its authority to govern. The mandate is over. I would rather have the Liberals elected again under a new mandate than have to put up with this. Martin and Layton are just scared to death that the Conservatives will win, and they would like to see ppl forget about what is happening at the moment.

I believe this government doesn't have a mandate anymore.

Reverend Blair
The opposition to going back to the polls is that we just had an election, we don't know all of the facts from Gomery, people are terrified of Stephen Harper, and most of all...that nothing would really change.

Either Harper or Martin would get a minority. We'd be back at the polls again this time next year.

MMMike
Re Gomery: we know enough. The criminal behaviour of the Liberal Party is clear for all to see (unless you have your head up your ass). So we need an election, and the urgency is because of Martin's sell out to Prime Minister Layton. It's because the Liberals are firing up the election machinery, running all over the country spending my tax dollars like it's candy just to buy support to keep them in power.

Reverend Blair
We don't have all the facts. We haven't even heard all of the testimony. I don't know about you, but I haven't had time to read and cross reference the millions of pages of documents.

Now if you want to discuss this further, start a thread or take it to one of the multitude of threads on the subject. This is the thread for discussing polls.

Actually maybe you start a thread called Right-Wing Spin, because that seems to be all you are capable of.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Of the 1,000 people surveyed, 57 per cent said they believed Harper's Tories are keeping their most unpopular plans under wraps -- plans that many Canadians might find unpalatable should they come to fruition under a Conservative government.

piece of chain

Reverend Blair
A couple new ones today.

Ekos 30/04/2005
Liberals 33
Conservatives 31
NDP 19

Ipsos-Reid 30/04/2005
Liberals 30
Conservatives 33
NDP 17
Bloc 12
Green 5

Harper's numbers keep going down. Even the ultra-conservative Ipsos Reid, which always shows the CPC running higher than other polls do, is showing the Conservatives in downward trend while the Liberals are going up.

The NDP are going up too. Stevie may be backing off his election call if his numbers don't start going up.

MMMike
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

We don't have all the facts. We haven't even heard all of the testimony. I don't know about you, but I haven't had time to read and cross reference the millions of pages of documents.

Now if you want to discuss this further, start a thread or take it to one of the multitude of threads on the subject. This is the thread for discussing polls.

Actually maybe you start a thread called Right-Wing Spin, because that seems to be all you are capable of.

My right wing to your left wing spin? Unlike you, Rev, I don't adhere strictly to any one party's ideology. I bet you've never read an NDP policy you question.... You're the one with ideological blinders on, buddy.

You have no problem talking about alleged Conservative Party scandals - can I assume that you've waded through the millions of pages of documents, and conducted extensive research on your own before making up your mind?

Reverend Blair
Quote:

You have no problem talking about alleged Conservative Party scandals - can I assume that you've waded through the millions of pages of documents, and conducted extensive research on your own before making up your mind?

Nope, just waited for the judge's decisions. Why are you afraid to do the same?

Quote:

My right wing to your left wing spin? Unlike you, Rev, I don't adhere strictly to any one party's ideology.

I can only go by your posts. By those you sure as hell do. Not only that but you embrace their political ineptitude and claim it as competence.

Quote:

I bet you've never read an NDP policy you question.

How much will you bet? Beer for life?

Quote:

You're the one with ideological blinders on, buddy.

Friends are friend and pals are pals, but buddies sleep together. You aren't Stevie and I'm not Gilles, so you can that idea out of your head right now.