prince tyrone the 1st

Hoid
Another Kardashian

taxslave
Except with no teeth.

Hoid
and less money

coldstream
This took up about half the BBC World News yesterday. And led the news on the Canadian and American networks. Does anyone else consider the coverage of the birth of someone who will be 7th in line to the British Throne and is unlikely to be heard from again until the next Royal Wedding or Funeral just a little overdone.

Cliffy
Who cares about another inbred royal?

Cannuck
Agreed

spaminator

Jinentonix
Big deal. Children are born everyday. Oooo but because it's the product of some silly little and entirely useless/pointless anachronism, suddenly it's news worthy.

coldstream
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Who cares about another inbred royal?

I don't think you could accuse Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor of being inbred. Being 1/4 black in genetics is about as diversified as you can get for the royal family.
Last edited by coldstream; 1 week ago at 12:34 PM..

Tecumsehsbones
+2
#12  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I don't think you accuse Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor of being inbred. Being 1/4 black in genetics is about as diversified as you can get for the royal family.

That's why ya gotta keep an eye on him. Mixed-race boy who will live on government handouts for his entire life. Multigenerational welfare recipient.

It'll be the ruin of the Empire, I tells ya!

Blackleaf
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

Archie is a common name in the UK but not in the US. So I wonder if Harry chose the name.

MHz
Is that their only accomplishment since they were wed?? One 'rave concert' got 1/2 the girls in Hinton knocked up, so much so the City council had a meeting about the 'lack of virgins' (whatever the hell that means).

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

Archie is a common name in the UK but not in the US. So I wonder if Harry chose the name.

Did the child consent? (or is the Queen banking on some new 'royalty fees')

Curious Cdn
Can't wait for that family portrait of Archie and grandpa Jug Ears.

drifter
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

This took up about half the BBC World News yesterday. And led the news on the Canadian and American networks. Does anyone else consider the coverage of the birth of someone who will be 7th in line to the British Throne and is unlikely to be heard from again until the next Royal Wedding or Funeral just a little overdone.

No, not at all. It is a big thing in the mother country and we all love dear old England. Congradulations are in order I would think.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by drifter View Post

No, not at all. It is a big thing in the mother country and we all love dear old England. Congradulations are in order I would think.

Huzzah!

drifter
For a country who has gone to war and fought for their Queen or King the Royalty is a big deal. I think we are so casual now days It is difficult for some of us to respect tradition. And who couldn't respect a country and their traditions that produced the great Winston Churchill? May their flag long fly.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by drifter View Post

For a country who has gone to war and fought for their Queen or King the Royalty is a big deal. I think we are so casual now days It is difficult for some of us to respect tradition. And who couldn't respect a country and their traditions that produced the great Winston Churchill? May their flag long fly.

I respect Harry for being an authentic warrior in a family of dress-up poseurs (Phillip excepted too).

spaminator
BBC radio personality fired over royal baby chimpanzee tweet
Associated Press
Published:
May 9, 2019
Updated:
May 9, 2019 12:01 PM EDT
In this May 13, 2013 file photo, Danny Baker poses for a photo in London.Yui Mok / AP
LONDON — A BBC DJ was fired Thursday after using a picture of a chimpanzee in a tweet about the royal baby born to Meghan the Duchess of Sussex and her husband Prince Harry.
Danny Baker, who had a weekly show on BBC Radio 5 Live, tweeted Thursday that he has been fired after posting an image of a couple holding hands with a chimpanzee dressed in clothes and the caption: “Royal baby leaves hospital.”
The tweet came on Wednesday, the same day Harry and Meghan posed for photos with their first child, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. The tweet was seen as a racist reference to baby Archie’s heritage. His grandmother Doria Ragland is African American.
Baker, 61, said the posting had been meant as a gag, tweeting late Wednesday that it was “supposed to be (a) joke about royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race.” The post has since been deleted.
“Enormous mistake, for sure. Grotesque. Anyway, here’s to ya Archie, Sorry mate,” he tweeted.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
BBC Radio 5 Live controller Jonathan Wall said in an email to staff that Baker had shown poor judgment.
“This was a serious error of judgment and goes against the values we as a station aim to embody. Danny’s a brilliant broadcaster but will no longer be presenting a weekly show with us,” Wall said.
On Thursday, Baker insisted he is not racist and attacked the BBC for its handling of the situation. He said the call to fire him “was a masterclass of pompous faux-gravity.”
When Harry was first dating Meghan, his office released a scathing letter in which he complained about sexist and racist coverage of Meghan, who at the time was starring in the TV show “Suits.”
The flap over Baker’s tweet came as Harry took a break from parental duties to travel to the Netherlands to promote the 2020 Invictus Games, an international competition he founded for injured service personnel and veterans.
Harry grinned and made funny faces for the cameras as he held up a tiny baby outfit given to him by Prince Margriet of the Netherlands.
Baby Archie was introduced to his great-grandparents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Wednesday.
Royal baby Archie’s wool wrap suggests Harry and Meghan won’t stray from tradition
Prince Harry, Meghan announce baby’s name
Princess Di would have been ‘thrilled to bits’ by Harry’s baby
http://torontosun.com/life/royals/bb...impanzee-tweet

Blackleaf
Harrison means "Harry's son."

Curious Cdn

Harrison means "Harry's son."

No shyte, Sherlock!

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

No shyte, Sherlock!

You didn't notice that until I pointed it out.

Curious Cdn

You didn't notice that until I pointed it out.

Actually, I noticed it the first time that I heard it but I'm having difficulty convincing my wife that it doesn't come from somewhere else. Sometimes, it's right in front of your face ...

Blackleaf
It is thought that Archie has been named after Major Tom "Archie" Archer-Burton, Prince Harry's hero and mentor in the army who also travelled with Harry through Africa on a charity expedition.

Curious Cdn

It is thought that Archie has been named after Major Tom "Archie" Archer-Burton, Prince Harry's hero and mentor in the army who also travelled with Harry through Africa on a charity expedition.

Puzzles the hell out of the Yanks.

http://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/world/...rnd/index.html

You will never see women's names like "Jemima" "Maisie" "Dinah" being used in the US either. They are considered to be "slave names" and the gaping wound of slavery has never gone away, there.

Blackleaf

Puzzles the hell out of the Yanks.
http://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/world/...rnd/index.html
You will never see women's names like "Jemima" "Maisie" "Dinah" being used in the US either. They are considered to be "slave names" and the gaping wound of slavery has never gone away, there.

Archie is quite popular here.

I was expecting this half-American kid to be given a common American name that is rare in Britain - Chad, Bud or Chuck.

Curious Cdn

Archie is quite popular here.
I was expecting this half-American kid to be given a common American name that is rare in Britain - Chad, Bud or Chuck.

Not used at all, here ... zero, zip, nada. Nor is Julian, Giles or for that matter, you don't see a lot of "Harry's" either.

Yeah ...Yank names you don't see here, either ... Biff, Scooter, Billy-Bob, Chad, Chuck, Bud (I've known one each of the last two in my whole life time)

Blackleaf

Not used at all, here ... zero, zip, nada. Nor is Julian, Giles or for that matter, you don't see a lot of "Harry's" either.

Yeah ...Yank names you don't see here, either ... Biff, Scooter, Billy-Bob, Chad, Chuck, Bud (I've known one each of the last two in my whole life time)

There are many ancient native British names hardly used in America but are common in Britain: Arwen, Owain, Lowri, Bryn, Ffion, Laith.

Other British names rate in North America: Isobel, Jemima, Lottie, Angus, Archibald, Barnie, Baxter, Barnaby, Clayton, Bailey, Edwin, Harvey, Fergus, Kit, Rupert, Percy.