Jason Kenney should hold referendum Alberta sovereignty

B00Mer

It's time for Alberta to have a referendum on Alberta sovereignty and joining the USA.

Peter Zeihan says Alberta would be better off as 51st U.S. state

While we are at it, kick out all the pansy ass Libtards..

taxslave
+2
Joining the US would be rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Cannuck
Only idiot Trumpites would think this is even a remotely good idea

Durry
+1
It was the immigrants from useless countries that prevented Quebec from separating, so if AB is going to do it, it better do it soon eh!

Cannuck
Racist upset again

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Only idiot Trumpites would think this is even a remotely good idea

STFU ya stupid troll..

If you have nothing worth saying, or not willing to read the link and comment on that.. then stay the fukk off my threads..

Cannuck, you're nothing but a fool and a troll.

Durry
+1
If AB separated, I’m not sure the US has anything to bring to ABs table?

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

If Alberta became the 51st state, the US would gain another wealthy state nearly as big as Texas, the US would replace Canada as the second largest country on Earth, and the US would gain the third largest oil reserves of any country after Venezuela and Saudi Arabia. Adding Alberta’s oil production of 3.5 million barrels per day to the US oil production of 10 million barrels per day would make the US by far the largest oil producer in the world, well ahead of Saudi Arabia and Russia. It would be like having another Texas but with far fewer people and much more oil and gas. It would pretty much solve the US energy supply problems for the foreseeable future since the US could be counted on to exploit those resources and move them to market regardless of anybody trying to stop it.

From Canada’s perspective it wouldn’t be very good since Canada would lose 90% of its oil reserves It would lose much of its oil refining and petrochemical industries and become a heavy net importer of crude oil, gasoline, and diesel fuel from the US. It would also lose 35% of its farmland, and 60% of its beef cattle, and BC would be cut off from the rest of of Canada. The federal government would lose much of its tax revenue and would be unable to fund its generous revenue equalization payments to Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces any more. Universal medical care would be much harder to fund. The Canadian dollar would drop drastically as a result of the loss of oil export revenue.

Albertans would notice that their taxes went down and that the GST disappeared completely, along with carbon taxes. Their new US dollars would buy a lot more than their old Canadian dollars did. Gasoline prices would go down to US levels. They would all rush out and buy even bigger 4x4 trucks than they already drive.

I don’t think most Canadians realize just how important Alberta is to the Canadian economy. They just know that Albertans are richer than other Canadians for some inexplicable reason and feel resentful about it.

captain morgan
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

It's time for Alberta to have a referendum on Alberta sovereignty and joining the USA.

While we are at it, kick out all the pansy ass Libtards..

A trade agreement with the US in concert with AB, Sask and Mb moving on down the road would suffice just fine... No need to join the US and pay federal taxes

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

A trade agreement with the US in concert with AB, Sask and Mb moving on down the road would suffice just fine... No need to join the US and pay federal taxes

We would still be land locked and unable to sell our oil eastward or through BC.

As a US state the oil would flow south to the US markets and to US ports.

captain morgan
+5
#11  Top Rated Post
The WTO or UN (or some such international body) has laws in place the prevent nations without ocean access from being unable to trade.

All the same, an agreement in place with the US in advance can mitigate this circumstance, let alone the reality that Canukistan would be getting their financial azzes handed to them without the resource revenues.

My bet is that they'd be pretty motivated to make a deal sooner rather than later

taxslave
+5

We would still be land locked and unable to sell our oil eastward or through BC.

If the globull warming truthers are to be believed it could have been pumped through NWT and loadd on tankers in the ice free Arctic for the past 6 years.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

As in they own it all already and the people live below US standards. I'm sure they are real interested in 'fixing that'.

Durry
+2
If someone like Jason lead a referendum for AB to separate, AB would probably vote to separate.

I would vote for separating

Ron in Regina
+3

....and BC would be annexed by some Asian Nation within our lifetimes. It's already happening but this would speed it along. Before long it would have a 15 million person population and English would be a curiosity when heard, and its resources would be harvested wholesale on an crazy industrial scale and not to BC's benefit. Oh well...

Kreskin
+1
Albrexit? Why? It already borders the US. Cut a pipeline deal with them.

Cannuck

STFU ya stupid troll..
If you have nothing worth saying, or not willing to read the link and comment on that.. then stay the fukk off my threads..
Cannuck, you're nothing but a fool and a troll.

Anger is unhealthy. You need to calm down

Serryah
If Alberta wants to really leave Canada, then TBH no one should stop them.

Same for Quebec.

But like so many say with Quebec, the buck stops the instant they leave. And they pay back any share of debt they owe Canada and so on and so on.

For me personally... I think if Alberta left, either a good chunk of population would leave as well (if the vote even passed) OR the province would quickly want to GTFO of the US not long after joining.

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

....and BC would be annexed by some Asian Nation within our lifetimes. It's already happening but this would speed it along. Before long it would have a 15 million person population and English would be a curiosity when heard, and its resources would be harvested wholesale on an crazy industrial scale and not to BC's benefit. Oh well...

Actually I don't think so.. if Alberta joined the USA, there would be a domino effect and the rest of Canada would follow pretty quickly.

The USA would not allow some Asian country to take BC.

Canada on its own is not economically viable. Its economic activity is a long strip just north of the border stretching for thousands of mile. No depth to markets and excessive connectivity costs.

Moreover, Canada needs to learn to compete. Its creative juices are .. Well what creative juices?

USA is a powerhouse of innovation, resourcefulness and the currency has reserve status allowing it to weather huge storms. Not so long ago US had been written off - and look where the loonie is today.

Just like Zambia, or similar places Canada is resource rich and that is the curse. It ignores the most resourceful capital it has Human Capital. Not only are its markets uncompetitive, its people are undervalued, and end up doing jobs that do not lever their training or interests.

In Arts or Culture nothing/ no one has succeeded in Canada until they have succeeded in US, Celine Dion or Shania or Paul Anka.

It would be best for Canada to join and be one or more states of USA.

If for nothing else, a Canada US merger would make the likes of Cannuck go bat shit crazy.. Oh to late he already is..

Should the U.S. and Canada Merge?
Last edited by B00Mer; 3 weeks ago at 07:44 AM..

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Albrexit? Why? It already borders the US. Cut a pipeline deal with them.

They already have,which is the problem. The US has them by the balls because trudOWE has no balls.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Same for Quebec.
But like so many say with Quebec, the buck stops the instant they leave. And they pay back any share of debt they owe Canada and so on and so on.
For me personally... I think if Alberta left, either a good chunk of population would leave as well (if the vote even passed) OR the province would quickly want to GTFO of the US not long after joining.

In this case the rest of Canada would owe Alberta for all the money that has been ripped off to support lavish social programs in Ontarioe and Quebec.

taxslave
+4

Actually I don't think so.. if Alberta joined the USA, there would be a domino effect and the rest of Canada would follow pretty quickly.
The USA would not allow some Asian country to take BC.
Canada on its own is not economically viable. Its economic activity is a long strip just north of the border stretching for thousands of mile. No depth to markets and excessive connectivity costs.
Moreover, Canada needs to learn to compete. Its creative juices are .. Well what creative juices?
USA is a powerhouse of innovation, resourcefulness and the currency has reserve status allowing it to weather huge storms. Not so long ago US had been written off - and look where the loonie is today.
Just like Zambia, or similar places Canada is resource rich and that is the curse. It ignores the most resourceful capital it has Human Capital. Not only are its markets uncompetitive, its people are undervalued, and end up doing jobs that do not lever their training or interests.
In Arts or Culture nothing/ no one has succeeded in Canada until they have succeeded in US, Celine Dion or Shania or Paul Anka.
It would be best for Canada to join and be one or more states of USA.
If for nothing else, a Canada US merger would make the likes of Cannuck go bat shit crazy.. Oh to late he already is..

Should the U.S. and Canada Merge?

Unfortunately there are now so many space cadets in BC we would probably end up joining Washington, Oregon and California in a new county known as LALA Land. Industry would be banned and we would all be eating twigg and berrys while huddled in our Teslas that won't run because there is no money to repair the solar panels or repair the roads.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If the globull warming truthers are to be believed it could have been pumped through NWT and loadd on tankers in the ice free Arctic for the past 6 years.

I weep every time that I'm reminded of the ice free north pole since 2013.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Same for Quebec.

Select provinces would be 'owed' money (as taxslave pointed out) upon departure if that metric was applied.

Alberta would be among those select few.

RE: Joining the USA, well, there are options that are not predicated on having to become a State within the USA

MHz
It should be a national vote where all the Provinces hold the same vote and it has to be unambitious or Canada reverts to what it was before 1967, Sovereign Provinces and Sovereign Territories. Ottawa is retired and Ontario and Quebec suddenly have to start pulling their own weight or their people suffer.
As it is there is no record of the results of the 1867 referendum vote so it cannot be proved it even took place.

B00Mer
https://www.albertaindependence.ca/

Next election.. if Jason Kenny fails Alberta

MHz
Make it a item on the federal election coming up. Should Canada revert back to Sovereign Provinces? Yes / No

coldstream
I feel the sameway about about Alberta separatists as I do of those of Quebec or, the Maratimes or, Ontario or, Cascadia or, the Northern Inuit Republic.

Forget the damn referendums and pick up a weapon and fight your way out. That's the only way separatism has ever worked anywhere. So load up your 30.06 Remington and take on the Princess Pats or the Van Doos. We'll bury you out in the oil sands and put up a bronze plaque to you for contributing to the resource.

Separatists are all lip, and No brains and, NO guts.

MHz
Why do you think only Quebec was allowed to vote on their referendum instead of the Canada being able to vote on if they wanted Quebec to be part of Canada. Retards at the wheel in Ontario and Quebec since their false flag war that never had an end and hindsight would say the war was not really done with 'vigor'.
You can talk all you want, the results of the 1867 vote simply do not exist anywhere, let alone being producible.

With the money they would lose they would certainly go for a united Canada rather than every Province for themselves. Alberta (Prairies) is the first to ink a deal with Israel asking for military protection from 'hostile nations' and 'poof' the iron dome is there for a bargain at $700B, . . . . per year.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

Separatists are all lip, and No brains and, NO guts.

Who's on your list.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Who's on your list.

You ya fukking dipshit.