2018 - 2019 World Junior Hockey

Mowich
+2
Canada played it's first pre-tournament game today and came away 5 - 3 winners over their Swiss opponents. Canada came out strong in the first period scoring 3 goals against one for the Swiss. They saw their lead whittled away to but a one point lead in the 2nd and that's the way things stayed until the clock ticked down to :23 seconds when the star of the gameMaxime Comtois scored an empty-netter - his second of the game. Not a bad first game for the young Canadians. A little shaky in spots but they hung in for the win and that will help build their confidence. Their next opponents are the Slovakians followed by the Fins. Good on you lads.

TalkingTogheter
Czech Republic and Sweden and Slovakia will cross the rest.

TalkingTogheter

TalkingTogheter

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingTogheter View Post

Czech Republic and Sweden and Slovakia will cross the rest.

I have no idea what your statement means but thanks for your thoughts anyway. GO CANADA, GO!

TalkingTogheter
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I have no idea what your statement means but thanks for your thoughts anyway. GO CANADA, GO!

You hate speech and Protestant Vs Catholic and Americanism so called pro Jews ??? !!! ???

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingTogheter View Post

You hate speech and Protestant Vs Catholic and Americanism so called pro Jews ??? !!! ???

You really need to run your posts through a translator as they make no sense what-so-ever.

Mowich
Canada won it's second pre-tourney game today with a well-played game against the Slovakian team coming away with a 6 - 1 victory. Rock on lads. The team will now travel to Vancouver for their final pre-comp game against the Fins on Monday. Well done Canada.

gopher
+2
Finland uses special teams to beat Canada in final world junior tune-up

https://www.tsn.ca/finland-uses-spec...e-up-1.1231103

The Canadian team looked flat early and it proved costly in a 5-2 loss to Finland Sunday at Rogers Arena in Canada's final exhibition game heading into the tournament.

"It's good to get it out of the way," said Cody Glass, the Portland Winterhawks centre who was picked sixth overall by the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2017 NHL draft. "We never want to have that feeling again.

Amazing puck handling precision shown by Finns. Seems like they never get tired and go full rich all game long. They will be a tough team to match during the IIHF tourny.

TalkingTogheter

TalkingTogheter

gopher
+1
In a very tight and intense game, USA squeezes by a tough and determined Slovakia:

https://twitter.com/Blackhawk_Up?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

gopher
+2
Swi 2
Can 3

Canada took an early lead and appeared as if they would dominate the game completely. But the Swiss showed resilience and fought back. Thus, it became a tough, intense match.

Kudos to Canada for the win.

Kreskin
+1
I dont like that Canada ran up the score against Denmark. Karma could bite them in ass over that.

gopher
+1
Tomorrow is the big showdown between the undefeated Russians & Canadians. I believe it will start at 7 PM Central and it should be epic.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I dont like that Canada ran up the score against Denmark. Karma could bite them in ass over that.

Don Cherry shares your sentiments. Far as I am concerned, the kids did what they trained to do, score goals. That they did so often and well its a tribute to their coaches and their individual as well as team efforts. What the heck were they supposed to do? Skate up and down the ice with the puck and ignore the net?

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Tomorrow is the big showdown between the undefeated Russians & Canadians. I believe it will start at 7 PM Central and it should be epic.

Watched the Swiss vs Russian game tonight. Our kids better be on their toes cause the Russians are going to give them a game.

Mowich
Thought I'd put this in here rather than start a new topic.

Canada will take home Silver from the Spengler Cup this year after loosing in a three-round shoot-out to ? but it wasn't until after one of the best goal tending exhibitions I've seen in similar competitions. The stops by both goalies were outstanding. Kudos to KalPa for the win. Kudos to Team Canada for advancing to the Cup. Well done all.

On topic, the game between Denmark and the Czech Republic is about to get underway.

Great way to spend New Year's Eve - watching hockey all day long.

Mowich
We're about midway through the 2nd P of the Canada vs Russia game and the score remains tied at one apiece. Lots of great saves by both goalies. Good game by both teams. GO CANADA, GO!

Mowich
+1
Congrats to the Russians on the win. Our kids played a good 2nd Q but the first and especially the 3rd were not their best. Enjoyed the game overall - lots of great puck action, saves by the goalies and oh so close misses. I'm looking forward to the quarterfinals.

Kreskin
+4
#21  Top Rated Post
You've got to hand it to Russia, they're national anthem is as good as it gets.

gopher
+3
The 2-1 Russian victory was epic to say the very least. While it appeared Canada much more puck control, their shots (most of which were genuinely good ones) were stopped by the MVP goalie Kochetkov. Lots of physicality during the match but it was skill play that won it for the Russians.

Awesome game.

Kreskin
+2
Im watching the US game. Great skating.

Kreskin
+1
What a shift by Madden.

spaminator
+1
looks like grapes was right about karma.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

looks like grapes was right about karma.

I don't always agree with Don, spam..........and this is one of those times.

I expect to see a much better game by our kids today.

GO CANADA, GO!
Congratulations to the US for their win over the Fins. Well done lads.

Mowich
The Swiss kids ruled the ice today. They played with heart, determination and lots of skill. In doing so, they shut-out Sweden in the quarterfinal winning 2 zip. Their young goal-tender stood on his head. Well done Switzerland.

Kreskin
The Swiss anthem sounded like a low key version of 'Happy Birthday'. That is not acceptable in the world of hockey..

Kreskin
+1
I have no faith in Di Pietro. He's short to begin with but plays the game on his knees. The top of the net is open all day.

Kreskin
+1
Canada could win this game and more but this is the slowest and least skilled Team Canada I've ever seen.