and over at Weakling University...

Locutus

UConn again bringing in therapy dogs for finals week

STORRS >> The University of Connecticut is providing its students with therapy dogs to help relieve the stress of final exams.

The dogs will be available for petting at the school’s Homer Babbidge Library from Monday afternoon through Friday afternoon.

The program, named “Paws to Relax,” began in the spring of 2010, when a library staff member suggested that puppies might help students cope with stress during finals week.

Registered therapy dogs from multiple organizations including Cold Noses, Warm Hearts; Allen’s Angels; and Tails of Joy are taking part in the program.

The school says it is keeping the dogs in a space that won’t impact students with allergies who may also need to use the library.

EagleSmack
And they have race segregated housing too!

Johnnny
+2
Quote:

The University of Connecticut is providing its students with therapy dogs to help relieve the stress of final exams.

My college did this last year and this year too.... I got a GPA that was 3.5 (i know not great) but i went to pet the dogs anyways because they're dogs. I didn;t nned the stress relief like some others did from petting the dogs.

I got all drunk at the student pub and went to pet the dogs, i was like "Whose a good dog, gootchie gootchie goo".. All the dogs in the room flocked to me and the old ladies running the show asked me to leave. Im serious it was awesome.....But in all honesty i love animals

Compassion for animals is not a sign of weakness, if anything its a strength!!!!
Last edited by Johnnny; May 9th, 2016 at 07:09 PM..

Johnnny
+2
Quote:

The University of Connecticut is providing its students with therapy dogs to help relieve the stress of final exams.

My college did this last year and this year too.... I got a GPA that was 3.5 (i know not great) but i went to pet the dogs anyways because they're dogs. I didn;t nned the stress relief like some others did from petting the dogs.

I got all drunk at the student pub and went to pet the dogs, i was like "Whose a good dog, gootchie gootchie goo".. All the dogs in the room flocked to me and the old ladies running the show asked me to leave. Im serious it was awesome.....But in all honesty i love animals

Compassion for animals is not a sign of weakness, if anything its a strength!!!!
Last edited by Johnnny; May 9th, 2016 at 07:09 PM..

Frankiedoodle
+3
I have no idea what the situation at the university of Connecticut (other than their basketball team) but I wonder what it is going to be like when they get out into the real world.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankiedoodle View Post

I have no idea what the situation at the university of Connecticut (other than their basketball team) but I wonder what it is going to be like when they get out into the real world.

Total meltdown when their first job interview doesn't land them the CEO position.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Such disregard for your rights of expression as a blatant drunk. There should be outrage!

Johnnny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Such disregard for your rights of expression as a blatant drunk. There should be outrage!

when i burped all the dogs tried licking my face

They say dogs are a good judge of character while at the same time when your drunk, you act like your true self.... Maybe the dogs liked me more than the old people running the show O_o

TenPenny
Yeah, I don't understand why a university would do anything to help their students. The whole point is to torture the fk out of them, and hang them out to dry. What a weak bunch of pussies. Wouldn't have survived what I did at university, that's for sure.

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

A therapy dog would be just the ticket for this heinous act of violent discrimination.

Jinentonix
+2
Good grief. What next, therapy dogs in the workplace for all the snowflakes who ended up with the stressful jobs they went to university for?
Newsflash: University isn't your mommy's womb! It's not supposed to be easy and stress-free.

captain morgan
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Newsflash: University isn't your mommy's womb! It's not supposed to be easy and stress-free.

Your inconsiderate and unthinking micro-aggressiveness has triggered more hurt on my little feelers.

A therapy dog won't be enough this time around, maybe a therapy hooker and cocaine might (maybe) help a bit.... I'll probably need ongoing sessions to make it all go away now

darkbeaver
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

STORRS >> The University of Connecticut is providing its students with therapy dogs to help relieve the stress of final exams.

The dogs will be available for petting at the school’s Homer Babbidge Library from Monday afternoon through Friday afternoon.

The program, named “Paws to Relax,” began in the spring of 2010, when a library staff member suggested that puppies might help students cope with stress during finals week.

Registered therapy dogs from multiple organizations including Cold Noses, Warm Hearts; Allen’s Angels; and Tails of Joy are taking part in the program.

The school says it is keeping the dogs in a space that won’t impact students with allergies who may also need to use the library.

Tomorrows world leaders.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Your inconsiderate and unthinking micro-aggressiveness has triggered more hurt on my little feelers.

A therapy dog won't be enough this time around, maybe a therapy hooker and cocaine might (maybe) help a bit.... I'll probably need ongoing sessions to make it all go away now

Locutus
+1
these millenials and cuck gallery supporters are gonna soil themselves when something big and serious happens down the road (and it will of course) and they realize they're supposed to be 'in charge'.

mel lastman calling in the army to shovel his driveway won't even compare to how these pussies are gonna react. let's just hope there will be some big brave alpha, hairy ape-men around to protect them and their entitlements.

Mowich
+2

The more I read of this sort of crap, the more I wonder how us old folks ever made as far as we have without it and had few if any problems while doing so.

Johnnny
Nope, as a millenial but at the same time as someone who is caught between the new and old guard I see it differently.

darkbeaver
+1
[QUOTE=Locutus;2281483]these millenials and cuck gallery supporters are gonna soil themselves when something big and serious happens down the road (and it will of course) and they realize they're supposed to be 'in charge'.

mel lastman calling in the army to shovel his driveway won't even compare to how these pussies are gonna react. let's just hope there will be some big brave alpha, hairy ape-men around to protect them and their entitlements.[/QUOTE
Yer perspective if Tronocentric, you should broaden you perspective, maybe a week at my camp, this summer at the latest before you deve,lope serious problems

Locutus
[QUOTE=darkbeaver;2281516]

these millenials and cuck gallery supporters are gonna soil themselves when something big and serious happens down the road (and it will of course) and they realize they're supposed to be 'in charge'.

mel lastman calling in the army to shovel his driveway won't even compare to how these pussies are gonna react. let's just hope there will be some big brave alpha, hairy ape-men around to protect them and their entitlements.[/QUOTE
Yer perspective if Tronocentric, you should broaden you perspective, maybe a week at my camp, this summer at the latest before you deve,lope serious problems

bro, do you even quote?

and my problems are deeper than 'serious'.

but hey, where's camp beaver anyway?

I'm not a complete les stroud-man but can hold my own in the bush for a bit. if things get dicey I'll eat you while you're still fresh.

don't worry, I won't halal you.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

The more I read of this sort of crap, the more I wonder how us old folks ever made as far as we have without it and had few if any problems while doing so.

I'll bet that you played around with a set of lawn darts back in the day.... Painful memories, I know... Should i organize a therapy dog for you?

Dixie Cup
+1
Wow! I'm speechless. What do these young people expect is going to happen when they've graduated and are out job-hunting or when they do start working - a "stress free" environment? Ha! Are they in for a rude awakening!

But then again, if these guys make it to the top, I'm sure they'll be "accommodations" made and it'll end up costing consumers an arm and a leg, (plus additional stress) to ensure that these guys have all the luxuries they need to get the job done. Like my goodness, I'm too stressed to work so I need time off at full pay so I can go to Cancun/Hawaii/Caribbean to relax for a couple of months.

sigh....

captain morgan
Expect the HRC courts to have multi year back logs to accommodate to hear all of the stories of woe and violated rights of the overly-sensitive generation

Johnnny
+1
I guess it would explain why 95% of the 20 year olds in my class were overwhelmed and offended by my social energy and presence..... They were a sensitive lot, i will admit....

captain morgan
You should take a therapy dog where ever you go in order to offer relief to those poor wee, offended lambs

Mowich
+1

I'll bet that you played around with a set of lawn darts back in the day.... Painful memories, I know... Should i organize a therapy dog for you?

Nope, no lawn darts Cap. Grew up on a farm in Sask. Six girls - no boys. Helped with all the farm work and not one of us was ever injured. Learned about responsibility, pulling together to get the job done and that hard work has its own rewards.

Johnnny

You should take a therapy dog where ever you go in order to offer relief to those poor wee, offended lambs

Naw they have bigger problems in another sense. They type EVERYTHING and don't retain it as well as if you were to write it out on paper. Copy and paste is a huge thing whereas i would re-write things..

I was the best note taker in class during lectures, id write down everything the teacher said like a scribe and they thought i was stupid.... Until test time

captain morgan

Nope, no lawn darts Cap. Grew up on a farm in Sask. Six girls - no boys. Helped with all the farm work and not one of us was ever injured. Learned about responsibility, pulling together to get the job done and that hard work has its own rewards.

The best way to develop a strong work ethic and appreciation for a dollar.

All the same, I will go out on a limb and state that you probably had, and fired, a rifle on many occasion as a kid.... You need a therapy dog even more than if you had played with lawn darts

Johnnny

That's heavy. I had it similar but instead of the farm i was put to work in a machine shop when i turned 10, and then when i started working regular kid jobs at 16 i could out work just about everyone and keep talking. Ive never been fired from a job in my life even if i annoyed the hell out of my boss

Mowich

All the same, I will go out on a limb and state that you probably had, and fired, a rifle on many occasion as a kid....

Oh you betcha and we had our own dogs as Dad raised Lab retrievers for one of my uncles and his friends who were avid duck/geese hunters. Often went hunting with them.

EagleSmack
Go Huskies!

UConn Building Segregated Dorm | The Daily Caller

Mowich
+5
Are Educators Enemies of the People

Our educators, based and trained in our universities, have adopted an ideology, a faith, contrary to the values and will of the general public, the citizens who pay their salaries and give jobs to their graduates. This ideology shapes the thoughts of everyone who successfully completes university: teachers, social workers, lawyers, doctors, nurses, journalists, government bureaucrats, politicians, and, increasingly, scientists and engineers. These graduates then go on to impose this ideology on the institutions they control, irrespective of what the public believes and wishes.

This ideology is called “social justice,” and divides up our society into “privileged oppressors,” such as whites and Asians, men, heterosexuals, Christians and Jews, and “oppressed victims,” such as people of colour (except East Asians), females, homosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals, and Muslims. In this scheme, we are no longer individuals with wishes and hopes, qualities and achievements, but ciphers in a category, and to be treated according to that category.

Allegedly, the “privileged oppressors” have unfairly taken away status and material benefits from the “oppressed victims,” enjoying their ill-gotten gains. This injustice is to be corrected by “social justice,” which involves reducing the “privileged oppressors” and raising the “oppressed victims.” To implement “social justice,” members of the “oppressed victim” categories are to be given special favours and benefits, special preferences, while members of the “privileged oppressors” categories are to be denied benefits, viewed with antipathy and aversion, and rejected. These measures are often taken under the guise of “diversity,” admitting and supporting members of preferred “underrepresented minorities,” while blocking and rejecting others. The majority of people, supposedly given weight and respect in a democracy, are cast in the “social justice” scheme as villains who deserve no consideration.

The rationale for racial and gender preferences is that certain minorities face bigotry and discrimination, and that is why they are underrepresented in universities and elsewhere in relation to their percentage of the general population. But this is assumed, and never demonstrated with evidence. There are many reasons to question this explanation for underrepresentation, not least the fact that other unpopular minorities are overrepresented in universities and professions in relation to their percentage of the population.

The result is that universalistic principles which require the same rules, criteria, and standards for all are rejected and revoked.

Potential, merit, and achievement as criteria for recruitment and promotion have been rejected by universities in favour of race, gender, sexuality, and ethnicity. The idea of “fairness” is no longer based on treating all individuals the same; instead, people are treated differently according to the category they belong to.

This philosophy and strategy has been implemented in the U.S. for many decades under the label “affirmative action,” which in practice has meant official preferences for black and Hispanics. (Ironically, President Kennedy’s declaration of “affirmative action” required that race not be taken into account in hiring.) In Canada, such preferences are mandated for “visible minorities” and members of “First Nations” Indigenes.

Gender equality mandates always require an increase in the number of females when females are fewer than 50%, but gender balance requirements are deemed null and void when females make up a majority or large majority and men are in the minority. Homo-, bi-, and transsexuals are also preferred, and offered special benefits. Initiatives are currently in the works to privilege the homeless, illiterate, and mentally ill in university admissions and hiring. Universities in North America are the institutions most “woke” to social injustice, as they define it. They have vigorously and relentlessly engaged in “reverse” discrimination, discrimination in favour of preferred minorities and genders.

Even where racial preferences have been forbidden by public referendum, as in California, where a State Constitutional Amendment to this effect was passed, universities have worked around the rules, using characteristics correlated with race, to insure reverse discrimination “social justice” admissions and hiring. Harvard University and the University of North Carolina are currently in court defending themselves against accusations of discrimination against high-achieving Asians and whites.

What does the public think of racial and gender preferences? The American public, of all races and genders, strongly opposes it. According to a 2019 Pew poll, 73% of American adults say that race should not be a factor in university admissions; 81% said that gender should not be a factor in university admissions. A strong majority of both Republicans and Democrats agree that race and gender should not be a factor considered. (There is no comparable data on Canadian opinion.)

So, universities, and some government policies dictating “diversity,” fly in the face of the public will. But it is much worse than rejecting what the public wishes, because universities go on indoctrinating its students, and selecting its professors and administrators only among the sufficiently “woke” to the paramount importance of “social justice.” Our school teachers, having been formed almost entirely by radical schools of education, now orient their teaching with “social justice” ideology, indoctrinating the children under their care with the ideology.

Canadian and American children are taught that the histories of their racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and Islamophobic countries consist of unending sequences of atrocities committed against minorities, that evil capitalism has brought nothing but greed, exploitation, and inequality, that whites and men have never done anything good, and have stolen everything they have from others, and that their countries have no redeeming features.

Canadian children are taught that the evil founders of their country were no more than murderers of Indigenous natives, and that their statues should be torn down. American children are taught that slavery was invented in America (never mind that it has existed throughout history all around the world), that the slave-holding founding fathers were criminals, that America is uniquely evil, and that the Constitution is invalid because it was composed by slave owners.

It is highly unfortunate, and counter-productive, that schools and universities have become the enemies of Canadian and American values. Our “educators” spew poison, tricked out in long words and displays of “virtue.” They have abandoned their mandated purpose, rejecting the quest for knowledge in favour of neo-marxist ideology and propaganda.

https://fcpp.org/wp-content/uploads/...pleSalzman.pdf