7 surprising factors that go into airline ticket prices

Locutus
In 2012, the Department of Transportation began requiring airlines to advertise the full price of an airline ticket, with all mandatory taxes and fees included.

Yet, an airline ticket remains a complicated stew of taxes, fees, surcharges and other costs you may not be aware of.

While you can spend hours on the Internet to find reasonable fares have you ever considered factors that influence the fare?

What follows is by no means a complete list of everything included in the price of airfare, just some of the more interesting charges.

1. Base airfare

Don't confuse a $300 economy class airline ticket with 'base airfare'. Base airfare is the cost of the flight alone and on a $300 domestic ticket, that's about $250. The rest is non-optional taxes and fees. If that sounds like a lot, here's the breakdown on a recent international fare on American in mid-October from New York to London:

• Base airfare: $311
  • Final ticket price: $1026

more

7 surprising factors that go into airline ticket prices | Fox News

maheshm
If you're looking for cheap flight tickets. Go through this link you will get cheap flight tickets at Indian Eagle

MHz
How much is the cheapest room on a freighter going your way??

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

That is the same ratio used in my utilities, that is a bit scary.

Actual product and Admin fees. If that ratio is applied to whoever busy all the oil companies the Dutch are selling while predicting low oil price in the 'bbl' quantity means whoever buys these companies will have some big loans (@ interest) to pay-back. What used to cost $300 will now cost $1,000.

The Dutch alone will have a $2T trust funds to keep the pain down to minimal levels. They can supply themselves with all the NG they will ever need. Coal can be used after the gas is all used. To keep using coal means the NG is wasted and 10x the workforce is needed

taxslave
What used to cost $300 will now cost $1,000.

Just like my taxes.

Jinentonix
I simply refuse to fly commercial anymore.

Cannuck
You use your wife’s broom?

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

What used to cost $300 will now cost $1,000.

Just like my taxes.

Get serious.

I can fly way cheaper now than the 80s

Cannuck
Taking in a Jets game this Saturday. Return flight from Medicine Hat is $400. I have no complaints.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

In 2012, the Department of Transportation began requiring airlines to advertise the full price of an airline ticket, with all mandatory taxes and fees included.

Yet, an airline ticket remains a complicated stew of taxes, fees, surcharges and other costs you may not be aware of.

While you can spend hours on the Internet to find reasonable fares have you ever considered factors that influence the fare?

What follows is by no means a complete list of everything included in the price of airfare, just some of the more interesting charges.

1. Base airfare

Don't confuse a $300 economy class airline ticket with 'base airfare'. Base airfare is the cost of the flight alone and on a $300 domestic ticket, that's about $250. The rest is non-optional taxes and fees. If that sounds like a lot, here's the breakdown on a recent international fare on American in mid-October from New York to London:

more

7 surprising factors that go into airline ticket prices | Fox News

GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you suggesting that LIE-berals are ignoring this airline price gouging???????????????????????

Right along with their lack of interest in money laundering and Lavalin style corporate bribery???????????????????????

at least LIE-beral policy is CONSISTENT........................................ ............

yes..................................consistently BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Get serious.
I can fly way cheaper now than the 80s

Is that with your disabled discount? WHy is it I can fly to Frankfurt for almost the same price as Terrace?

Cannuck
+1
#12  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Is that with your disabled discount? WHy is it I can fly to Frankfurt for almost the same price as Terrace?

The people of Terrace are kicking in a big chunk of the cost of the flight to Germany so they don't have to put up with your whining? I know if you were planning a trip to medicine hat I would gladly kick in 20 bucks to keep you going to Regina

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

The people of Terrace are kicking in a big chunk of the cost of the flight to Germany so they don't have to put up with your whining? I know if you were planning a trip to medicine hat I would gladly kick in 20 bucks to keep you going to Regina

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor stupid LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They want to convince us the environmental SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

And yet Our idiot Boy Justin burned THOUSANDS OF GALLONS of jet fuel in that luxury Challenger jet to fly from Florida to Ottawa and back again IN ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For one stupid meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Our idiot Boy not have any experience with a telpehone?????????????????????

Or with SKYPE??????????????????????????????????

Or should we assume that many of the things Our idiot Boy wants to talk about SHOULD NEVER BE HEARD BY THE PUBLIC?????

Just HOW MANY SCANDALS are LIE-berals INCUBATING up there in Otta-want???????????????????????????????