$1.70 a litre in BC

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I'm sure you are...

Cannucklehead, a guy that lives in his sisters basement and takes the bus to work.

To be fair, buddy does have a van that he drives to the Jr high schools every day

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Its $1.49 in Courtenay. $1.53 in Campbell.

Well, that's just a hop, skip, jump and ferry ride for YVRers to get all that cheap gas!

Hoid
I think it shows how much bullshit there is going on.

B00Mer
+2

captain morgan
+2

I wonder if there's an answer to this grand mystery?

Perhaps it has something to do with Horgan's brilliant thoughts on building another refinery in the lower mainland

Hoid
What grand mystery?

We're getting screwed on gas like we always do.

Jinentonix
+6
#36  Top Rated Post

What grand mystery?

But...but...but... global warming. Man, for a guy who's all for carbon taxes you sure are pissy about the price of gas in BC. You should be happy prices are that high, you're saving the planet.

Twin_Moose
+2
No simple answers for high B.C. gas prices or impact of pipeline, NEB says

Quote:

There's no easy explanation for why B.C.'s gas prices are so much higher than the rest of Canada, or what will happen to them if the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion goes ahead, according to the National Energy Board's chief economist.
The NEB released a snapshot of the issue Wednesday, breaking down the elements that have driven up the price at the pumps in B.C.
"It's a combination of numerous factors," chief economist Jean-Denis Charlebois told CBC. "One factor is that we're approaching the summer driving season. This means demand is increasing."

Another is the fact that B.C. depends on the Cherry Point Refinery in Washington State for much of its gas, and the exchange rate has recently been less than favourable.
According to the NEB's summary, the four major components that make up the price of gasoline include:
The cost of crude oil: averages 51 cents per litre in Vancouver, or 10 per cent below the Canadian average.
Refining costs: averages 52.1 cents per litre in Vancouver, or about double the national average. This includes all the expenses involved in bringing crude from a wellhead to a refinery, and then completing the refining process.
Marketing margin: averages 10.5 cents per litre, about 69 per cent higher than the rest of Canada. This includes all costs for getting the refined product to the consumer, including transportation, marketing and profit.
Taxes: averages 53.9 cents per litre in Vancouver, or 21 per cent more than the national average.
Charlebois said the NEB has not broken down the various pieces that make up each of these four components to see how they compare in B.C. That means, for example, that he has not analyzed how the average profit margins for gas stations differ across the country.
As for one of the most contested questions in Western Canada, Charlebois said gas prices could go either way if the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project is completed as planned.
"If the extension is approved and built … this will increase capacity and directionally will allow more gasoline to flow from Alberta to B.C., thereby increasing supply and putting downward pressure on prices," he said.
But at the same time, "it will provide Canadian producers greater access to international markets, thereby putting upward pressure on prices of crude oil. How those two forces will net out remains to be seen."

Twin_Moose

What grand mystery?

Take your own advice Hoid buy electric, or was that your car that Taxslave reported on in the other thread?

Hoid
The gas arrives in Vancouver - is shipped over to the island and sold for less.

That makes complete sense.

pgs
+2

The gas arrives in Vancouver - is shipped over to the island and sold for less.

That makes complete sense.

The island does not pay the 10 cent per litre hydro levy . The GST is applied after the hydro levy , a tax on a tax .

spilledthebeer

What grand mystery?

So as I have said.......................................

the biggest beef LIE-berals have.......................................

with the price of gas......................................

is that somebody else is getting the gravy????????????????????????????????

And LIE-berals are not getting the credit for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

The island does not pay the 10 cent per litre hydro levy . The GST is applied after the hydro levy , a tax on a tax .

17 cents for TransLink and 6 cents Metro Van tax.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

17 cents for TransLink and 6 cents Metro Van tax.

Even more than I thought, add GST and it is over 18 cents a litre more . Robbery .

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Take your own advice Hoid buy electric, or was that your car that Taxslave reported on in the other thread?

Oh! the hypocrisy of globalists..................

petros
+1

Even more than I thought, add GST and it is over 18 cents a litre more . Robbery .

It's why it's cheaper in Mission and Abbotsford.

pgs
+1

It's why it's cheaper in Mission and Abbotsford.

Yes , and even cheaper in Fernie .

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The reasons moonbats haven't made the leap from gas to electric is they aren't homeowners and their landlord has no plans to add charging stations or they street park, won't pay or don't have time for a charge.

Jinentonix
+4

The reasons moonbats haven't made the leap from gas to electric is they aren't homeowners and their landlord has no plans to add charging stations or they street park, won't pay or don't have time for a charge.

I've run across far too many of these faux environmentalists who really do not believe they should have to live up to the principles they expect from everyone else.
Look at all the phony Hollyweird douchebags. Too many of those enviro-cretins are generating more emissions and leaving a larger carbon foot print in one year than the average family will in a lifetime. That's why they insist the rest of us must do our part, so they can continue enjoying their jet-set lifestyle. It's all about feeling good about "doing something about it" without actually having to put themselves out doing something about it. Sounds like Groper's vacations.

Ironically, Hoid drives an ICE powered vehicle and is currently whining about the price of gas in BC while I gave up driving altogether. I'll admit I voluntarily surrendered my licence for medical reasons, not because of any sort of environmental altruism. Yet Hoid is a willing slave to the oil companies while I, am not. And yet I'm the "White natty" because I'm pro-pipeline so HE can get cheaper gasoline.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

I've run across far too many of these faux environmentalists who really do not believe they should have to live up to the principles they expect from everyone else.
Look at all the phony Hollyweird douchebags. Too many of those enviro-cretins are generating more emissions and leaving a larger carbon foot print in one year than the average family will in a lifetime. That's why they insist the rest of us must do our part, so they can continue enjoying their jet-set lifestyle. It's all about feeling good about "doing something about it" without actually having to put themselves out doing something about it. Sounds like Groper's vacations.

Ironically, Hoid drives an ICE powered vehicle and is currently whining about the price of gas in BC while I gave up driving altogether. I'll admit I voluntarily surrendered my licence for medical reasons, not because of any sort of environmental altruism. Yet Hoid is a willing slave to the oil companies while I, am not. And yet I'm the "White natty" because I'm pro-pipeline so HE can get cheaper gasoline.

The KEY BEEF that HOID holds against "white natty`s" .................................................. ..........................

is that they REFUSE TO SWALLOW LIE-beral propaganda without QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals BELIEVE they are ENTITLED to tell us to "shut up"............................................... ................

when we argue any point with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich
+3

Yes , and even cheaper in Fernie .

And the same goes for the Heartland, pgs. Hope the Left Coast gas prices just keep rising and rising and rising - looks good on them and yet another reason to stay away from the Lower Mainland.

Hoid
lol the heartland

where the old stock Canadians live

petros
+1
In the Boo where it's full of Red nattys.

Hoid
...dreaming of tidewater

Mowich
+1
It was that drunken sot Campbell, one of the less illustrious premiers of this province, who foisted that moniker upon us here in the Interior. We never had a say and every time I use it, I do so with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Jinentonix
+2

lol the heartland
where the old stock Canadians live

As opposed to coastal BC where Canada's biggest phonies and hypocrites live. Please, whine to us some more about how you're getting screwed on the price of gasoline.

pgs
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

And the same goes for the Heartland, pgs. Hope the Left Coast gas prices just keep rising and rising and rising - looks good on them and yet another reason to stay away from the Lower Mainland.

Sadly I live here .

B00Mer

Sadly I live here .

The Best Coast man..

Nothing sad about BC accept the politics.. I Love BC

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

ICE seems like a good thing to power a car with. WE got lots of that with more every year.

taxslave
+2

Sadly I live here .

I live on the island. Or more correctly I am an island of rational thought and reason in a land of moonbats and freeloaders.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And high gas prices may have beneficial effect on house prices in Vancouver too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If people FLEE to lower cost provinces with more sensible govt.............................................

housing costs in Vancouver may be reduced........................................... ..

or maybe Chinese gangsters will just BUY the city?????????????????????????????????

After all..........................................

Our idiot Boy Justin WANTS to increase trade with the Beijing Butchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!