Thanksgiving Wishes for the U.S. folk


Curiosity
#1
To the American contingent on this forum....if the Canadians will forgive a bit of U.S. stuff



Graphics by Pat's Web Graphics
 
Tonington
#2
Indeed, happy turkey day wishes to all, from your cousins to the North. Enjoy the yams and football and wine and naps. Hope you're all healthy and safe!
 
gearheaded1
#3
 
Curiosity
#4
LOL Gear

Those turkeys remind me of some forums I have frequented over the years - everyone's in a disguise!

Moo!
 
Kreskin
#5
The Cowboys aren't playing. How can it be a US Thanksgiving?

Oh well, try to have a Good Thanksgiving anyway.
 
Curiosity
#6
Now Kreskin

You got your BC win up there - can't get all your wishes at once haha

Still waiting for the television down here to replay the Game from last Sunday....wait wait wait wait....
 
Kreskin
#7
Curio, what's funny is I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan. Even most Americans can't stand that team but I'm a diehard.
 
tracy
#8
Hope everyone has a fun day! I'm very excited because although this is the third Thanksgiving I've been here, it's the first one I've had off from work. My friends are making quite a production of my first "real" Thanksgiving. I have met such fun and welcoming people down here, so that's what I'll be thankful for. California is a great place
 
Sassylassie
#9
Have a wonderful Turkey Day Curio and Tracy and remember elastic waists girls. Have fun Tracy and be a good girl, if not don't get caught.
 
Jay
#10
Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends.

 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
#11
Thanks for all the good wishes. It will be a grand day for all ...

Peace.
 
Riyko
#12
Happy Thanksgiving everyone =). I'll be watching football tomorrow, I doubt i'll get to watch my buccaneers play tomorrow, but I do get to watch the dolphins play the lions =(. I'm talking about American football incase I lost anyone XD
 
ottawabill
#13
Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S. friends!!! Have a great day, a great meal and some great football..remember us in the North who all work today

Christmas shopping sales start tomorrow!!!!
 
I think not
#14
Happy Thanksgiving.
 
Kreskin
#15
Happy Turkey day.

Isn't today or tomorrow generally the busiest shopping day of the year down south?
 
I think not
#16
It's tomorrow Kreskin, and I never participate. It gets too crazy. If I do any shopping it's on the internet, and this year it's going to be very little shopping and more charity.
 
Curiosity
#17
Thanksgiving means giving thanks....

For over five years now each Thanksgiving I wanted to post something on a Canadian forum and then hesitate because it may stir up controversy and argument.... but as time passes, I would like to
put something on this thread because it seems to be pacific and comfortable and genuine and perhaps my message won't cause it to change....

I have always wanted to thank deeply the Canadian team from NORAD one of whom took over command
on 9/11 for rerouting airtraffic, overseeing defensive and tracking maneuvers as trained people in NORAD
are doing round the clock, and of course opening Canadian airspace and land to commercial air travellers.

To find anything credible about that horrible day or the names of anyone involved (other than accusatory), is difficult.... so I'll just say an anonymous thanks to Canadians in lieu of knowing who the Canadians were
standing at our side during those ugly hours and days.... It would seem the internet is bound to keep the ugliness alive ... so I won't go there again... not today. Only a message from my heart...with pride...

My deepest gratitude to Canada.... without any caveats. Curio
 
ottawabill
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post

Thanksgiving means giving thanks....

For over five years now each Thanksgiving I wanted to post something on a Canadian forum and then hesitate because it may stir up controversy and argument.... but as time passes, I would like to
put something on this thread because it seems to be pacific and comfortable and genuine and perhaps my message won't cause it to change....

I have always wanted to thank deeply the Canadian team from NORAD one of whom took over command
on 9/11 for rerouting airtraffic, overseeing defensive and tracking maneuvers as trained people in NORAD
are doing round the clock, and of course opening Canadian airspace and land to commercial air travellers.

To find anything credible about that horrible day or the names of anyone involved (other than accusatory), is difficult.... so I'll just say an anonymous thanks to Canadians in lieu of knowing who the Canadians were
standing at our side during those ugly hours and days.... It would seem the internet is bound to keep the ugliness alive ... so I won't go there again... not today. Only a message from my heart...with pride...

My deepest gratitude to Canada.... without any caveats. Curio

The other to consider is the Newfoundlanders in Gander who took passengers from stranded planes at Gander airport into their homes with no questions asked. "You need shelter and food..we have shelter and food"

We may get trivial and say dumb things to our neighbors but we are still family...
 
Curiosity
#19
OttawaBill

Of course - my omission was an error and I appreciate your addition to my thoughts and thanks. Of course those wonderful people.... I can still remember the services held after to give thanks to so many who opened their homes.... strangers no more.
 
ottawabill
#20
Awe but tomorrow is bone day..sales sales sales, pushing shoving and all round nasty behaviour..all thoughts of Thanks forgotten as we get back the greed factor hahaha!!
 
I think not
#21
Anybody ever watch The March of the Wooden Soldiers on Thanksgiving Day? It was always my favorite as a boy.

Still is. :P
 
Curiosity
#22
\
 
tracy
#23
Nice post Curio I definitely know Americans and Canadians get pissy with eachother at times, but I've always had nice experiences personally and think that's much more common than the negative encounters people complain about.
 
thomaska
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Happy Turkey day.

Isn't today or tomorrow generally the busiest shopping day of the year down south?

Tomorrow from 6 a.m. until around noon, the malls and stores will be a place that only battle hardened veterans should dare to tread.

And I thought the Cowboys were playing Tampa Bay or something

Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving
 
Kreskin
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaska View Post

Tomorrow from 6 a.m. until around noon, the malls and stores will be a place that only battle hardened veterans should dare to tread.

And I thought the Cowboys were playing Tampa Bay or something

Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving

You're right. I thought the Cowboys just played on Sunday. Short break.

The tradition continues!
 
Curiosity
#26
Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

My girlfriend just told me there are some stores open today in the U.S.

And some malls are opening at 1am.....

And of course people will go there and buy.....

Glad someone sorted out Kreskin's football games hahaha.
 
thomaska
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post

Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

My girlfriend just told me there are some stores open today in the U.S.

And some malls are opening at 1am.....

And of course people will go there and buy.....

Glad someone sorted out Kreskin's football games hahaha.

My wife asked if she could leave me a list of stuff to go buy tomorrow, since she has to work. I might go for her, haven't decided yet. Although, I can say with an amount of certainty, that if there are police barricades or any other manner of crowd control outside of the stores, I am not going in.

Hell hath no fury like the American shopper during the last 15 minutes (or the first, for that matter) of a sale.
 
Curiosity
#28
Thomaska

You are a good and dutiful man to take on the mob for your lady...

Do you still have battle gear or how about hockey padding....

The worst ones are the little blue hairs who will run you down if you don't let them through first ahead of you...hee
 

Similar Threads

3
A little French Folk
by Numure | May 20th, 2005
4
Best Wishes
by Aizlynne | Apr 16th, 2005
37
Meeting Forum Folk
by Cosmo | Dec 6th, 2004