Martin cans one of his own - Standards set!

cyberclark
It is becomming apparent there is no honest political parties in Canada; only political opportunists.

I would council supporting the party which you think will do the least damage while protecting our turf and standards.

Citizen
Honest politican is an oxymoron

I think not
VOTE NDP!!

Citizen
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

VOTE NDP!!

The same NDP party whose leader is against private health care but neglected to mention he'd used a private clinic himself?

JomZ
Quote:

The same NDP party whose leader is against private health care but neglected to mention he'd used a private clinic himself?

You have to put this into context though. Jack Layton used a service in the 90ís that his doctor recommended for him. The health service is protected by the Canada Health Act due the grandfather clause or something that it existed before Medicare. The globe and mail said that the service was formed to help veterans of the World Wars. Just because they are private doesnít mean itís the devil, Layton is against the Americanized medical system that he fears will become common place with the establishment of a parallel medical system.

Too stay on topic. Its quite easy to judge a political party by the worst of its members. Its society not everybody is an alter boy and they do not enter these situations thinking they get caught.

It only serves to undermine the efforts of the majority of the party members and their constituents who work hard and behave in a respectful way. Its sad that we judge the strength of a party by the its weakest members in a moral sense.