Royal Navy to allow devil worship

jjw1965
LONDON, England (CNN) -- A devil-worshipping sailor in the Royal Navy has become the first registered Satanist in the British Armed Forces.

Chris Cranmer, 24, a technician serving on the Type 22 frigate Cumberland, has been officially recognized as a Satanist by the ship's captain.

More...

no1important
Oh. What will the neocons have to say about this Iwonder? Imagine if that had happened in the US? The radical right would be be going nuts.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

. . . The radical right would be be going nuts.

Going?

jimmoyer
LOL !

A strong element of the conservatives in Amerika consists of a libertarian streak, and so we can only laugh about this, believing in the rope-a-dope philosophy of Muhammad Ali that the market forces of ideas will have enough gas to make a play but if it is nothing more sustantial then it will run out of gas.

And then there's this psychological understanding we all have of others who knowingly bring on the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune because of the unique (silly to some of us) stand they make.

I'm sure a lot of people are laughing about it, outraged by it, and finally others USING it to push some political or religious belief they have.

Look at this board trying to make a political point out of it.

Silliness going nowhere.

If I was this guy's buddy I'd just have to shake my head and laugh, but I'll watch his back loyally.

I see so much over-reaction by the liberals and rightwingers and see how they behave emotionally so much like each other.

The truth is quieter than the shrill silliness we see here.