COLD

tinobuntic
I feel cold... Winter's coming... I'm frightened.
Is anybody else here afraid of this upcoming winter? I can't take the cold anymore!

Reverend Blair
Pppffftttt! You live in Toronto, dude. Come to Winnipeg in January. We can sit in my backyard and have a beer.

GreenGreta
Ok, rev don't forget, you have a dry cold. We have a damp cold in Ontario. I know a guy from your fair city who sat and cried in Hamilton because it was sooo damp (suckhole). The man was in the warmest looking (down) jacket I've ever seen. Down doesn't work in this climate.

But no, not really looking forward to it. Not at all.

Reverend Blair
I lived in Ottawa for 3 years, Greta. I've made numerous trips to Toronto in the winter. Trust me...you guys don't have real cold.

peapod
mmmmmm yes I noticed its almost november and there is not to many roses blooming now...looks like a harsh one here.

Hard-Luck Henry
I do not fear the cold, for I have the magic bobblehat.

peapod
Hey I gots a bobblehat to...

GreenGreta
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I lived in Ottawa for 3 years, Greta. I've made numerous trips to Toronto in the winter. Trust me...you guys don't have real cold.

So my buddy was just a crybaby, loser....
Is that an invitation rev? I'm on my way....

Reverend Blair
Quote:

So my buddy was just a crybaby, loser

Well, I've never talked to him, but based on the evidence....

Quote:

Is that an invitation rev? I'm on my way.

It's still warm here, Greta. I was working in a t-shirt yesterday. If I'd been wearing winter wear, perhaps I wouldn't have this bruise above my right nipple.

Come in January. We'll sit out back and have a beer or six. Maybe I'll light a fire.

It's only a two flight from Toronto. It's also a two flight from Montreal. Oh, and Vancouver. And Saskatoon. Actually, every place in Canada seems to be two hours from Winnipeg. Except Ottawa...for some reason if you want to go to Ottawa you have to spend 3 hours in Toronto's Pearson airport drinking beer. I think it's some kind of space-time anomaly. Either that or the politicians take up all the seats on the direct flight.

Diamond Sun
It's definitely getting cooler, but what's really cooling my blood these days is the prospect of moving to Moose Jaw. Who in their right minds even THINKS about moving to Moose Jaw??

Reverend Blair
Moose Jaw is a nice enough little city, Diamond. You could actually move to one of the little towns outside of Moose Jaw and get a house even cheaper too.

Andygal
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Canada becsides the coast of BC. I hate the cold.

peapod
I hears andygal, give me da mist and da drizzle any day

Durgan
Portage and Main 40 below with a wind and dressed as if you are living in Toronto.

This is a taste of hell. Sinners take note.

Durgan.

peapod

no1important
Portage and Main is nasty in the middle of winter. brrr

But today I dug up rest of my potatoes.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

Portage and Main is nasty in the middle of winter. brrr
But today I dug up rest of my potatoes.

Good for you!

If there is anything I truly hate, it is a cold potato.

no1important
Well I live in Vancouver now,so thats how come my potatoes have not froze. I only lived in Winnipeg for a couple years in the late 80's. But the cold was not as bad as when I lived in Fort St. John though nor did it last as long as FSJ.

Nascar_James
One solution to the cold is to carry a stainless steel portable liquor flask in the side pocket. Remembering to fill it before heading outdoors of course.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Durgan

Portage and Main 40 below with a wind and dressed as if you are living in Toronto.

Durgan.

wait a second...........isn't "hell " supposed to be HOT??

there is something cool about being in the middle of Canada.

...........but no, would not move and leave the monsoons behind.

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

One solution to the cold is to carry a stainless steel portable liquor flask in the side pocket. Remembering to fill it before heading outdoors of course.

:P You'd be better off using a glass bottle for that. Anyone having to deal with sub zero temperatures knows not to put cold metal to your mouth.

Ouch

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

:P You'd be better off using a glass bottle for that. Anyone having to deal with sub zero temperatures knows not to put cold metal to your mouth.

Ouch

for sure. !! Those stainless steel flasks are more of a fashion statement. (all the drunks on the program Dallas used them )

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

Ouch

for sure. !! Those stainless steel flasks are more of a fashion statement. (all the drunks on the program Dallas used them)

Good point. I guess in cold climates, a small (1/2 pint) glass flask is better suited. You could get one already filled up at the liquor store and then simply re-use it as the climate warrants.

Ocean Breeze

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

Ouch

for sure. !! Those stainless steel flasks are more of a fashion statement. (all the drunks on the program Dallas used them)

Good point. I guess in cold climates, a small (1/2 pint) glass flask is better suited. You could get one already filled up at the liquor store and then simply re-use it as the climate warrants.

this is getting too funny. The ones I liked are glass, compact and in a leather or suede cover.. ( designer type....

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Not only would the metal flask rip your lips up, but alcohol lowers your body's resistance to cold, increasing the chances of frostbite and freezing to death. You'd best stay down south, James.

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I hears andygal, give me da mist and da drizzle any day

I also will take the mist and the drizzle any day. I think one of my ancestors must have been from London.

Uncle

Hank C Cheyenne
Quote:

It's only a two flight from Toronto. It's also a two flight from Montreal. Oh, and Vancouver. And Saskatoon. Actually, every place in Canada seems to be two hours from Winnipeg.

....you mean Winnipeg has an airport........oh yea it's that little brick shed.....lol just kiddin.....coulden't help myslef..

....although I remember Saskatoon's airport seemed the same size.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Hank C Cheyenne

Quote:

It's only a two flight from Toronto. It's also a two flight from Montreal. Oh, and Vancouver. And Saskatoon. Actually, every place in Canada seems to be two hours from Winnipeg.

....you mean Winnipeg has an airport........oh yea it's that little brick shed.....lol just kiddin.....coulden't help myslef..

....although I remember Saskatoon's airport seemed the same size.

one thinks that you have not assimilated constructively and positively into the CA environment. ..... as the US pompous arrogance is betraying ya..

Reverend Blair
Hank, I doubt you've ever been to the Winnipeg airport. It's certainly nicer than Calgary's though.

zenfisher
Quote: Originally Posted by Durgan

Durgan.

Been there done that ...in a jean jacket. hopped the bus home. My buddy Eddie, ( Rev you know Eddie...)... after imbibing of Southern Comfort all night stumbles up to the door, at our stop. The doors open he falls face first into the shin deep snow. Boy did I have fun draggin' him home threw the snow... Ah youth, thankfully its over.