Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

'She was a blessing': Drayton Valley grieves for teenager found dead in idling car - Edmonton - CBC News

16 year old Alberta girl dies in idling Jetta parked outside clean energy center. 17 year old boy also in car is in critical condition.

Would not have happened if they could have afforded a Tesla.

They probably would have just slit their wrists or taken pills to accomplish the task at hand.

Murphy
Or tongued a Tesla battery.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

There is no such thing as a "free range egg".

Ahhhhhh.... ok. I'll let my wife know that the almighty, know all and see all Petros has informed us that there is no such thing as free range eggs, so she must have been selling.......apples,I guess.

Not that petros is known for admitting that he is wrong, I'll throw this out there any ways

https://www.google.ca/search?q=free+...obile&ie=UTF-8

JamesBondo
+2

the electric engine will dominate both the motorcycle and the RV markets.

The motorcycle market because the electric motor is so much more powerful .

are there electric motorcycles out there that can replace the honda goldwing or are you pissing in the wind and claiming it is raining?

-----------------

Cleanups can be very expensive.
Here's a recent*EPA record of decision*on the need to perform a 7 million dollar cleanup of an old Pennsylvania lithium processing site, where*"Lithium, boron and chromium were also detected in off-site public and private wells."*You can read a detailed CDC risk assessment of the site's contamination*here. My bottom line is this. The average person reading the linked CDC health risk assessment for lithium exposure via groundwater consumption would finish those paragraphs with no more insight than he began with. Obviously 'more data is needed.' If we're riding into a lithium powered future, a better risk management understanding is needed: especially related to handling crash scene cleanups, garage fires, and recycling center management. But, who will provide this understanding in a fashion which is credible and understandible for the US consumer and which does not conflict with information offered by all supply chain members? Let's review the possibilities.

Curious Cdn
Yes, let's compare that to cleaning up a de-commissioned oil refinery.

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

agreed. but lets do it right this time.

avro25
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Ahhhhhh.... ok. I'll let my wife know that the almighty, know all and see all Petros has informed us that there is no such thing as free range eggs, so she must have been selling.......apples,I guess.

Not that petros is known for admitting that he is wrong, I'll throw this out there any ways

Pete was trying to be funny, instead he succeeded at being obtuse.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by avro25 View Post

Pete was trying to be funny, instead he succeeded at being obtuse.

You'd be an expert on "obtuse".

avro25
Says the pedo supporter.

mentalfloss
Add Blackleaf to the list of pedos.

avro25
Did that already.

Except JLM is not a pedo.

Blackleaf is.

I'm sure Das the meme master agrees.

captain morgan
+2

You know nothing of either one.... Odd that you feel the need to wade into the fray other than promoting an ideological agenda

avro25
Takes one to know one.

captain morgan
+1
That was sooooo clever.

How shall i ever rebut such a scathing retort?

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You know nothing of either one.... Odd that you feel the need to wade into the fray other than promoting an ideological agenda

The GM Chevrolet dealer here in Kap, uses waste oil from oil changes for heating in the winter..
Has for years....

Let's see what the meme critic and corn flakes man have to say....

avro25
Don't know.

Seems you dodged your first attempt.

Try harder billionaire.

darkbeaver
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Egg do not have legs and cannot range unless and in case they are laid on a hill and roll. An egg may be laid by a free ranging chicken however and it is in that sence free but unless the special condition mention above pertains it still will not range.

avro25
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Egg do not have legs and cannot range unless and in case they are laid on a hill and roll. An egg may be laid by a free ranging chicken however and it is in that sence free but unless the special condition mention above pertains it still will not range.

Another one being obtuse.

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

The GM Chevrolet dealer here in Kap, uses waste oil from oil changes for heating in the winter..
Has for years....

They will be strangely silent on that one although i'm certain that one of the usual suspects will claim their expertise on that subject

avro25
You think I have a problem with that?

You don't me at all.

The Lord Of Memes does his thing.

Poor wee man.

captain morgan
+2

You think I have a problem with that?

You don't me at all.

The Lord Of Memes does his thing.

Poor wee man.

You do english so well

JLM
+1

Says the pedo supporter.

You ARE an Asshole! Don't talk to me again, understand? PRICK!

Has for years....

I don't see a hell of a lot wrong with that.

petros
+2

A bio-diesel refinery follows identical environmental laws.

The end product is still diesel.

Canola is tar seed don't you know?

DaSleeper
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I don't see a hell of a lot wrong with that.

JLM.....you are letting trolls get to you.....You are making them happy when you loose your temper like that..

If you could only see how the childish antics make me laugh!

taxslave
+2

the electric engine will dominate both the motorcycle and the RV markets.

The motorcycle market because the electric motor is so much more powerful and the RV market because the batteries will run the thing beautifully whenever it is parked.

'She was a blessing': Drayton Valley grieves for teenager found dead in idling car - Edmonton - CBC News

16 year old Alberta girl dies in idling Jetta parked outside clean energy center. 17 year old boy also in car is in critical condition.

Would not have happened if they could have afforded a Tesla.

WOuldn't have happened if they were not born stupid either. Darwin is busy but he eventually gets the brain dead.

Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

are there electric motorcycles out there that can replace the honda goldwing or are you pissing in the wind and claiming it is raining?

-----------------

Here's a recent*EPA record of decision*on the need to perform a 7 million dollar cleanup of an old Pennsylvania lithium processing site, where*"Lithium, boron and chromium were also detected in off-site public and private wells."*You can read a detailed CDC risk assessment of the site's contamination*here. My bottom line is this. The average person reading the linked CDC health risk assessment for lithium exposure via groundwater consumption would finish those paragraphs with no more insight than he began with. Obviously 'more data is needed.' If we're riding into a lithium powered future, a better risk management understanding is needed: especially related to handling crash scene cleanups, garage fires, and recycling center management. But, who will provide this understanding in a fashion which is credible and understandible for the US consumer and which does not conflict with information offered by all supply chain members? Let's review the possibilities.

From the little bit of training we have got for crash scenes the batteries are safe if there is no fire. IF there is a fire we would be wearing SCBA anyway so from a First Responder perspective it is reasonably safe. Clean up afterwards I haven't had much training on yet. There would not be enough contamination from a single vehicle to create any real problems. What happens to them in the recycling process may be a different story.

avro25
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You do english so well

Dodge

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

You don't have to respond supporter of pedos.

I'll talk all I want.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

-----------------

The bike/motorcycle is the strongest e sector. If you are into bikes - fast bike - you need to know about Zero. There is no reason to make gas powered motorcycles anymore.

ZERO MOTORCYCLES

RE your thoughts on lithium I cannot agree any more. While reducing greenhouse gases is an urgent problem it does not magically cure all the ills of our activity on this planet.

The question of who provides the truth is one that man will always be faced with. It's a good question. edit in - ISIS believes they have the answer - that nothing outside of religion should have any say or sway. So I guess that's your most extreme view.

avro25

JLM.....you are letting trolls get to you.....You are making them happy when you loose your temper like that..

If you could only see how the childish antics make me laugh!

Says the Lord of Memes.

Poor wee man being big online.

gerryh

Says the Lord of Memes.

Poor wee man being big online.

Pot, meet kettle.

Danbones
+1
Elections are good vehicles for red E revolutions are coming in Canada!

I just thought I'd throw that out there and lighten the place up a bit with a mild variation.