Cops Used Black Mugshots For Target Practice

B00Mer
Cops Used Black Mugshots For Target Practice

A Florida National Guard sergeant was stunned to see her own brother among the images of bullet-riddled faces on a gun range.

A Florida police force is facing criticism after it emerged its officers used mugshots of black people for target practice.

North Miami Beach Police has denied racial profiling in its choice of the images.

A Florida National Guard sergeant who visited a gun range last month was stunned to recognise her brother among the images of bullet-riddled faces left by police snipers.

Her brother, Woody Deant, served four years in prison for a fatal drag race as a teenager and was released in 2004, according to NBC Florida, which first reported the story.

His sister, Valerie, told the station she cried after seeing his 18-year-old face with bullet holes through his forehead and right eye at the firearms centre in Medley, Florida.

North Miami Beach Police Chief J Scott Dennis conceded his officers could have shown better judgement.

But he told NBC News the sniper team included minority officers, no policies had been violated and none of the officers would be disciplined.

Chief Dennis also said such photographic targets were vital for facial recognition drills.

But Mr Deant told NBC Florida: "Now I'm being used as a target?

"I'm not even living that life according to how they portrayed me as. I'm a father. I'm a husband. I'm a career man. I work nine to five."

source: Cops Used Black Mugshots For Target Practice

At least they could have had pick mugshots of blacks smiling, at least you could see the target better.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

At least they could have had pick mugshots of blacks smiling, at least you could see the target better.

Would the real Boomer please stand up.

For the sake of the police I hope all those are deceased by not poilce gunfire.

B00Mer
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Would the real Boomer please stand up.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Yep, the real Boomer has stood up.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Why should they be using real pictures of anybody?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

The sniper boss said some blather about facial recognition and realism in training.

Really it's about de-sensitising the shooters to killing. And in Florida, and most of the U.S., the best way to do that. . .

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The sniper boss said some blather about facial recognition and realism in training.

Really it's about de-sensitising the shooters to killing. And in Florida, and most of the U.S., the best way to do that. . .

Well, if they want to make it realistic, Florida does have the death penalty. They could use some real targets.

Tecumsehsbones

Well, if they want to make it realistic, Florida does have the death penalty. They could use some real targets.

Sounds like fun. I generally prefer hanging as more environmentally friendly, but bullets are low-impact (Ha! I slay me!)(Ha! "Slay." I did it again!) Then the snipers could all hit a bar after work, get drunk, and insist that they're men.

Sounds like the ideal job for Boomer.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sounds like fun. I generally prefer hanging as more environmentally friendly, but bullets are low-impact (Ha! I slay me!)(Ha! "Slay." I did it again!) Then the snipers could all hit a bar after work, get drunk, and insist that they're men.

Sounds like the ideal job for Boomer.

Well they could make it funner by allowing only a certain number of shots and if the prisoner survives, the sentence can be commuted to life in prison. Put a bit of sport into it.

Tecumsehsbones

Well they could make it funner by allowing only a certain number of shots and if the prisoner survives, the sentence can be commuted to life in prison. Put a bit of sport into it.

"You know my position on arming morons, Ollie. If you arm one, you gotta arm 'em all. Otherwise it isn't good sport."
--Judge Flatt, Nobody's Fool

Sal
after I read it I would say it is about desensitizing too...it's black targets for now...lol...better get your ammo ready all you big pro gun arm everything that walks and store them everywhere around you... you're gonna need them

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

after I read it I would say it is about desensitizing too...it's black targets for now...lol...better get your ammo ready all you big pro gun arm everything that walks and store them everywhere around you... you're gonna need them

Got mine.

Sal

Got mine.

hope it's an arsenal...you're up next...although...might be Mexicans before you.....regardless whites are last by then though they'll have dead aim...since you're into puns this week

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

hope it's an arsenal...you're up next...although...might be Mexicans before you.....regardless whites are last by then though they'll have dead aim...since you're into puns this week

We been at this since the 1600s. We know how to do it. Resist, get all heroic, die. It's traditional.

MHz

I'm thinking if black neighborhoods started putting up pictures of white guys on posters in the area would get a whole new level of attention.