Did intelligence fears prompt Canada to cut Iran ties?

Machjo
Did intelligence fears prompt Canada to cut Iran ties? - World - CBC News

Interesting. Could it be the government closed the embassy to protect the safety of Iranian-Canadians in Canada?

Maybe, and that might be a valid reason. If so though, why not just say so?

coldstream
mispost.. transferred to main topic thread.

relic
Free Thinker
+1
Intelligence has nothing to do with harper and his ilk.Watched vic on tv blathering on about the dangers that he won't give details about.That's the way these assholes roll.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

Intelligence has nothing to do with harper and his ilk.Watched vic on tv blathering on about the dangers that he won't give details about.That's the way these assholes roll.

That's the way most authorities work when the details are sensitive.

I see the "I hate Harper" idiocy seriously impedes peoples ability to use logic and reason.

relic
Free Thinker
And that's why I have no respect for "authority".You are sheep and they wear rubber boots.

GroundWater
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

Did intelligence fears prompt Canada to cut Iran ties? - World - CBC News

Interesting. Could it be the government closed the embassy to protect the safety of Iranian-Canadians in Canada?

Maybe, and that might be a valid reason. If so though, why not just say so?

I thought it was because we only had 7 embassy employee's working at the embassy and they figured we could save $10,261.91 plus utilities each month. A no brainer really....just kidding. It seems to me that Canada has a real boner for Israel latley.

55Mercury
+2
#7  Top Rated Post
um... that's confusing. usually when we say someone has a hard-on for someone, there's no thought of using lube. capiche?

it's not a friendly hard-on

it's a hard-on with intent

if not contempt

it's only anti-semites and islamopaths that have a "boner" for Israel.

Machjo
Just a note: I'm not trying to defend harper here, and sometimes he can be a real prick.

But, I am aware that in the past at least, Iranian-Canadians were sometimes harassed in Canada by people they suspected of being Iranian agents, or family in Iran being harassed for things occurring in Canada.

It would seem Iran expects Iranians abroad, even if they hav other citizenship, to continue to abide by Iranian laws even while abroad.

I hadn't heard of such harassment for awhile, but if it's happened in the past, why not now?

But still, if that's the case, Canada might have done the right thing to close the embassy, but should just be straightforward about it, and also make a complaint to the UN to investigate. If this is happening in Canada, then Iranian-Germans, Iranian-Poles, Iranian-Hungarians, etc. might be facing the same harassment in their countries.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

And that's why I have no respect for "authority".

That's why your complaints are foolish.

Quote:

You are sheep...

Nope, I just know how the authorities treat sensitive material. Not even Harper would expel Iranian Diplomats, and withdraw our Diplomatic ties, on a whim.

Your logic is flawed.