UN says USA owes reparations for African Americans


tay
-1
#1
This conclusion was part of a study by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a body that reports to the international organization's High Commissioner on Human Rights. The group of experts, which includes leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its findings to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday, pointing to the continuing link between present injustices and the dark chapters of American history.

"In particular, the legacy of colonial history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," the report stated. "Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching."

"Despite substantial changes since the end of the enforcement of Jim Crow and the fight for civil rights, ideology ensuring the domination of one group over another, continues to negatively impact the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of African Americans today," it said in a statement . "The dangerous ideology of white supremacy inhibits social cohesion amongst the US population."

more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...0609&tid=ss_fb
 
Danbones
+2
#2
Quote:

"Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching."

Right, they sure have been trying to make incidents out of the ones that suit them, and ignoring the ones that don't
Smells like more Soros Balkanization BS
 
Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
#3
That ought to be a whopper of a bill.

Put it on the tab along with the purchase price of all of that real estate that is still owed to the original inhabitants of this joint.
 
Danbones
-1
#4
if that wasn't enough
also Afghanistan Iraq, Libya, and almost but not quite Syria too
ooops, don't forget mexifournia...that one needs to be paid for twice...
 
Curious Cdn
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
On the other hand, you know that the UN officials making these pronouncements all come from corrupt shyteholes led by leaders-for-life with billions hidden in secret bank accounts and vats of acid in their torture chsmbers.

Consider the source ...
 
Danbones
#6
obama...?
 
Ludlow
#7
Ta hell with the UN let them shell out the cash. Iffen they don't like it we'll just bomb their ayces too.
 
HarperCons
#8
The Amerikan government owes reparations to the world, then after they've paid their debt they need to seppuku themselves off the planet.
 
captain morgan
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

The Amerikan government owes reparations to the world, then after they've paid their debt they need to seppuku themselves off the planet.

.... So much angst an discord in you.

take a pill or sumptin, maybe arsenic or cyanide
 
Tecumsehsbones
#10
Indians first. Give us back two continents and associated islands, in original condition, then y'all can pay off all the other folks with whatever's left over.
 
MHz
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That ought to be a whopper of a bill.

Put it on the tab along with the purchase price of all of that real estate that is still owed to the original inhabitants of this joint.

Not only that but it would be the tip of the iceberg once the First Nations get involved. You just know that sooner or later Gaza will be there along with the refugees from 1947 so the whole affair should be the new TV series that replaces what passes for news and sit coms today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Indians first. Give us back two continents and associated islands, in original condition, then y'all can pay off all the other folks with whatever's left over.

Here are the UN guidelines for how to treat the new citizens of your great land, Women and Children's Rights. Be sure to read the 'fine' print as the 'fines' can get expensive in a hurry.
That work for you??
 
Danbones
#12
So...
What about the black folks that got them some injun land?
No offence dudes...(well maybe we should have put up a fence)
But, we never invited them...
Once you get your money, can we get ours?

good thing the dinos are all dead
no land claim there...
 
HarperCons
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

.... So much angst an discord in you.

take a pill or sumptin, maybe arsenic or cyanide

Take your own advice degenerate, reactionary scum.
 
Curious Cdn
#14
Let's put everyone back where they started. Get those damned Angles, Saxons and Jutes and send them back to Germany, where they came from.

Push those Russians back to the Baltic, the Spanish back to Spanishland, The Romans out of Gaul, The Egyptians out of the Sudan!

Send the Africans back to Africa and the rest of us, as well!!!
 
Ludlow
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Let's put everyone back where they started. Get those damned Angles, Saxons and Jutes and send them back to Germany, where they came from.

Push those Russians back to the Baltic, the Spanish back to Spanishland, The Romans out of Gaul, The Egyptians out of the Sudan!


Send the Africans back to Africa and the rest of us, as well!!!

And the pusscakes back to their mamas. .
 
Durry
#16
Give them reparation bu sending them back to Africa!!
 
taxslave
+1
#17
The civilized world really needs to get out of the UN.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

The civilized world really needs to get out of the UN.

That'd leave just parts of Africa and Asia.

And Canada.