April Fools Canceled


petros
+2
#1
For nearly two decades, brands around the world have gathered each year to celebrate two occasions: the anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks, and April fools’ day. They’re like holidays for the most cringeworthy and deplorable content imaginable, and no natural or human disaster has been able to interrupt them — until now.


Google, which typically spends about 40-percent of its yearly budget on April fools’ pranks across its portfolio of products, wisely opted out this year. According to an email obtained by Business Insider, Google will “take the year off from that tradition out of respect for all those fighting the Covid-19 pandemic.” Thanks, Google.

Unfortunately, some brands lack the self-awareness or plain sense to cancel their pranks, and The Verge has already received a handful of absolutely terrible pitches in the past week that signal more is coming. We’re paying attention to the pranks brands pull this year, and we’re making a list. You don’t want your name on this list. We promise: you’ll regret it.
 
spaminator
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
http://torontosun.com/news/world/cou...ut-coronavirus
 
petros
+3
#3
Happy Trudeau Day
 
B00Mer
#4
April Fools social media post in ‘very poor taste’ Osoyoos RCMP says
 
petros
#5
That's weird.
 
Blackleaf
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

April Fools social media post in ‘very poor taste’ Osoyoos RCMP says

I wish the police and other authorities would stop telling us what we can and can't say. It's fascism. We should be able to say what we damn well please.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#7
Ignore the fact that the police did not tell the jokester he could or couldn't say anything.
 
Blackleaf
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Ignore the fact that the police did not tell the jokester he could or couldn't say anything.

Nah, they just have him a stern ticking off as though he was a naughty schoolboy, and they shouldn't have done.

He shouldn't have removed it.
 
spaminator
+2
#9
 
Tecumsehsbones
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Nah, they just have him a stern ticking off as though he was a naughty schoolboy, and they shouldn't have done.
He shouldn't have removed it.

Yeah, and all the whimpering cowards who like to piss and moan about "These days ya just can't. . ." cringed in the corner like the puppies they are and whined about how oppressed they are.

Poor dears.

Gutless vermin.
 
Cliffy
+2
#11
 
Ocean Breeze
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

For nearly two decades, brands around the world have gathered each year to celebrate two occasions: the anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks, and April fools’ day. They’re like holidays for the most cringeworthy and deplorable content imaginable, and no natural or human disaster has been able to interrupt them — until now.


Google, which typically spends about 40-percent of its yearly budget on April fools’ pranks across its portfolio of products, wisely opted out this year. According to an email obtained by Business Insider, Google will “take the year off from that tradition out of respect for all those fighting the Covid-19 pandemic.” Thanks, Google.

Unfortunately, some brands lack the self-awareness or plain sense to cancel their pranks, and The Verge has already received a handful of absolutely terrible pitches in the past week that signal more is coming. We’re paying attention to the pranks brands pull this year, and we’re making a list. You don’t want your name on this list. We promise: you’ll regret it.

If this virus kills the silly April fools day ......then some good will have come from it.
 

Similar Threads

0
HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY
by Curiosity | Apr 1st, 2006
4
April Fools?
by Reverend Blair | Apr 3rd, 2005