AR (Augmented Reality) based mobile app to provide tech help

ramya
Iím doing a research project for school, trying to see if there is
an interest in a AR assisted technical support mobile application.
My hypothesis is that technical forum users
(solutions seeker and providers) would be a good target user base,
especially for hardware support, where a live video feed is
often worth a thousand words. Please share your thoughts.

Curious Cdn
There are several self-appointed climate expert "scientists" on here who make heavy uses of augmented reality, already.

It's either that or they're suffering from ergot poisoning.

ramya
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

There are several self-appointed climate expert "scientists" on here who make heavy uses of augmented reality, already.

It's either that or they're suffering from ergot poisoning.

So do you think it is a good idea to start with Forums as a large customer base, where AR can be used in assisting for tech help?

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by ramya View Post

So do you think it is a good idea to start with Forums as a large customer base, where AR can be used in assisting for tech help?

I would say that general "debate" fora like this one are mostly full of crazy people who have little concept of what you might be selling.

You need to be much more specific as to where you devote your energies. There will be fora here and there that may be worth your while but this particular seed has landed on barren ground.

Sorry.

ramya
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I would say that general "debate" fora like this one are mostly full of crazy people who have little concept of what you might be selling.

You need to be much more specific as to where you devote your energies. There will be fora here and there that may be worth your while but this particular seed has landed on barren ground.

Sorry.

I am just collecting people's voices/thoughts on the project I am doing. Posting on every forum to see how people react to this technology.

If you know if which thread is better please let me know I will post the content there.