Tax time!!

DaSleeper
Anyone have trouble with "Turbo Tax" program this year?

Yesterday I wasted most of the day doing my taxes...

Three times I had to restart my taxes...
Every time I got to review where the tax programs maximizes the income specified for splitting the program would reject it's own calculation as impossible, and no way I was able to reverse and repair anything.....No choice but to start over'.
The fourth time, I told my wife ....."This is the last time, and if the damn program does it again, I'm going to an accountant tomorrow!!!"
Must have scared the damn thing, because It ran to the end with no problem...and our e filing was accepted by CRA
I knew I had done them right since both refunds came to within a few bucks of what we had last year because we're on fixed income.

And it must mean that Trudeau and Wynne haven't screwed-up the pensioners yet

bill barilko
I use UFile no issues None.

DaSleeper
After 17 years of using, It was the first time I had trouble....but boy,...it was a bitch!

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

And it must mean that Trudeau and Wynne haven't screwed-up the pensioners yet

It's on your hydro.

Murphy
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

After 17 years of using, It was the first time I had trouble....but boy,...it was a bitch!

I use it as well. I'm waiting for 2 more slips to arrive, so if there are any problems with the software, I hope things get fixed before I fire up the Turbo.

IdRatherBeSkiing
I usually wait until March. By then they have patched it enough to work. Besides I almost always get some sort of T-slip on 02/28.

DaSleeper
Well......this year CRA is the fastest I have ever seen.....
I E-filed at 9 PM yesterday...
I checked my CRA account on line just now,.... I have already been assessed...The assessment is Approximately 80 some dollar more refund than the tax program gave me and the money is to be deposited in my bank account March 2nd.
My wife is getting about $40 less also deposited in her bank account March 2nd...
But gawd it's fast this year ....4 days from e-filing to receiving your money.
I knew turbotax was having problems with their income splitting calculation...

Murphy
That's good news.

I've often wondered why software programs cannot be used to directly link taxpayers to the system, rather than use an intermediary. IOW, a TurboTax type of software would be used by the feds. But then I look at the Phoenix disaster and change my mind.

I was just at the Revenue Canada site. They have some of my slips on file, but not all. I guess the individual firms must file these.

I hope to have my 2017 taxes done by the end of the week.