Western civilisation could collapse


highsticky
+1
#1
BBC - Future - How Western civilisation could collapse

A part of news in quetos right here:

Quote:

On the other hand, Western societies may not meet with a violent, dramatic end. In some cases, civilisations simply fade out of existence – becoming the stuff of history not with a bang but a whimper. The British Empire has been on this path since 1918, Randers says, and other Western nations might go this route as well. As time passes, they will become increasingly inconsequential and, in response to the problems driving their slow fade-out, will also starkly depart from the values they hold dear today. “Western nations are not going to collapse, but the smooth operation and friendly nature of Western society will disappear, because inequity is going to explode,” Randers argues. “Democratic, liberal society will fail, while stronger governments like China will be the winners.”

Some of these forecasts and early warning signs should sound familiar, precisely because they are already underway. While Homer-Dixon is not surprised at the world’s recent turn of events – he predicted some of them in his 2006 book – he didn’t expect these developments to occur before the mid-2020s.

Western civilisation is not a lost cause, however. Using reason and science to guide decisions, paired with extraordinary leadership and exceptional goodwill, human society can progress to higher and higher levels of well-being and development, Homer-Dixon says. Even as we weather the coming stresses of climate change, population growth and dropping energy returns, we can maintain our societies and better them. But that requires resisting the very natural urge, when confronted with such overwhelming pressures, to become less cooperative, less generous and less open to reason. “The question is, how can we manage to preserve some kind of humane world as we make our way through these changes?” Homer-Dixon says.

This aren't true facts BBC have coming with or you disapear over my hard work?

Are China the only superpower in about 2 years in economics and military power?
 
Curious Cdn
+2 / -1
#2
The United States are as fragile as Humpty Dumpty. It'll be a minor miracle if they avoid US Civil War II.
 
highsticky
#3
US civil war could destroy American's but you dream about this otherwise I prefer Canada and United Kingdom in West world my new best after Finland, Sweden and USA. My America dreams are over till American's chooses Elitzabeth Warren 2020 and 2024 twicely times or if Mueller have edvidence about Putin-Trump solution how means hacker last election and we pickup current Vice-President in summer and he whining next election too and six and half year in government power in leadership as me want but backup are Elizabeth Warren and she wants whining Vs Trump how are my America dreams.
 
White_Unifier
+2
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The United States are as fragile as Humpty Dumpty. It'll be a minor miracle if they avoid US Civil War II.

US civil war II would undoubtedly hurt the Canadian economy.
 
highsticky
#5
Or Trump pickup Roy Moore as next president!!!!!!
 
Curious Cdn
-1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

US civil war II would undoubtedly hurt the Canadian economy.

That depends on whether we support the winning side or the loosing side.

Having a war next door is a gold mine. Ask the Dutch about all of those Fokkers that they built for the Bosch a hundred years ago. They made out fat and sassy from WWI.
 
Blackleaf
-1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by highsticky View Post

BBC - Future - How Western civilisation could collapse

A part of news in quetos right here:



This aren't true facts BBC have coming with or you disapear over my hard work?

Are China the only superpower in about 2 years in economics and military power?

It may become the world's largest economy very soon but it still has a very long way to go to surpass the US militarily.
 
Dixie Cup
+4
#8  Top Rated Post
If we continue to elect stupid politicians, the West will surely fail.


The many technologies such as the internet, twitter etc., also make things difficult as one has to "plow through" what is factual and what is not. Most of us are too busy earning a living so we can pay exorbitant taxes in the hopes of having some discretionary spending left over to enjoy the fruits of our labour.


And, finally sucking up to evil will surely be the final straw. ISIS and it's followers are standing by to pick up the pieces. We seem to forget how driven and determined they are and how weak we are as a society with our SJW's, "safe spaces", "easily offended" squealing like little piglets that things are so bad for them; like little toddlers who hang on to their mothers' skirts.


Our survival will be based on having the intestinal fortitude to fight against the very things that are destroying us from within. Political correctness will have accomplished what its set out to do - destroy the very things that make us strong.


JMHO
 
highsticky
#9
Yes, Trump is dumbiess since Nixon by this Vietnam war when he called native Americans for crime as Hitler's regim dislike black sprinter in 1936.
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by highsticky View Post

Yes, Trump is dumbiess since Nixon by this Vietnam war when he called native Americans for crime as Hitler's regim dislike black sprinter in 1936.

Oh highsticky- you really need to work on your English- your post is nonsense! I suggest you read some history books so you will understand how crude your propaganda is!
 
Cliffy
#11
Western civilization is an oxymoron.
 
Curious Cdn
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Western civilization is an oxymoron.

Who you callin' a moron, boy?
 
White_Unifier
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Who you callin' a moron, boy?

I'd like to know who Oxy is.
 
Curious Cdn
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I'd like to know who Oxy is.

Great, big guy ... built like a bull but has no interest in the ladies!
 
White_Unifier
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Great, big guy ... built like a bull but has no interest in the ladies!

Hmmm... Doesn't sound like the kind of guy you want to call a moron to his face.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

If we continue to elect stupid politicians, the West will surely fail.


The many technologies such as the internet, twitter etc., also make things difficult as one has to "plow through" what is factual and what is not. Most of us are too busy earning a living so we can pay exorbitant taxes in the hopes of having some discretionary spending left over to enjoy the fruits of our labour.


And, finally sucking up to evil will surely be the final straw. ISIS and it's followers are standing by to pick up the pieces. We seem to forget how driven and determined they are and how weak we are as a society with our SJW's, "safe spaces", "easily offended" squealing like little piglets that things are so bad for them; like little toddlers who hang on to their mothers' skirts.


Our survival will be based on having the intestinal fortitude to fight against the very things that are destroying us from within. Political correctness will have accomplished what its set out to do - destroy the very things that make us strong.


JMHO

Maybe we can learn from Singapore. You smuggle drugs into the country, they don't mollycoddle you. You'll be lucky if you don't get the death penalty. We can learn from Singapore's legal system in many ways.
 
Curious Cdn
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Hmmm...
Maybe we can learn from Singapore. You smuggle drugs into the country, they don't mollycoddle you. You'll be lucky if you don't get the death penalty. We can learn from Singapore's legal system in many ways.

They never run out of donated organs in Singapore.
 
taxslave
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It may become the world's largest economy very soon but it still has a very long way to go to surpass the US militarily.

Especially when all it military equipment is made in China.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Western civilization is an oxymoron.

Doe's that mean you are giving up your welfare cheque?
 
White_Unifier
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They never run out of donated organs in Singapore.

Are you sure you're not confusing Singapore with the PRC?
 
Curious Cdn
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Are you sure you're not confusing Singapore with the PRC?

Maybe but they both execute at a prodigious rate. That must generate a lot of donor organs. I'm surprised that the US mega-corporations that run the American prison system don't sell off the organs of the executed as a revenue stream.

Maybe my fey Scottish senses are looking into the future, again.
 
White_Unifier
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Maybe but they both execute at a prodigious rate. That must generate a lot of donor organs. I'm surprised that the US mega-corporations that run the American prison system don't sell off the organs of the executed as a revenue stream.

Maybe my fey Scottish senses are looking into the future, again.

I'll take the Singaporean legal system over the Chinese one any day. It's a strict system, yes; but it still has checks and balances and is politically independent. In that sense, it's like the British system. Where it's different starts once you're found guilty. We give slaps on the wrist. They give the rightful punishment.
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Western civilization is an oxymoron.

To quote Winston Churchill: "democracy and capitalism don't look so good, until you compare them to any o the alternatives"!

And: "at age 16 a young man of conscience will be a communist, but at age 26 a man of experience will be a capitalist"!

One has only to look at the teeming millions who would jump on the first available jet to come here- if only we would open the borders and not be picky about who we let in! The value of capitalism is this: that at the height of South African apartheid- blacks were sneaking into that country because wages for black people were still TWENTY TIMES HIGHER than in black ruled dictatorships! It ain't pretty but its true!
 
darkbeaver
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It may become the world's largest economy very soon but it still has a very long way to go to surpass the US militarily.

No it dosen,t Veitnam beat them and Syria isn,t a win either and Korea was a stalemate, in any case they,re being eaten alive from the inside. It happened to Rome It happened to Britian, it happened to Germany. The money changeing tables at the temples in every case for a very long time. It,s been a winning formula.

Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

To quote Winston Churchill: "democracy and capitalism don't look so good, until you compare them to any o the alternatives"!

And: "at age 16 a young man of conscience will be a communist, but at age 26 a man of experience will be a capitalist"!

One has only to look at the teeming millions who would jump on the first available jet to come here- if only we would open the borders and not be picky about who we let in! The value of capitalism is this: that at the height of South African apartheid- blacks were sneaking into that country because wages for black people were still TWENTY TIMES HIGHER than in black ruled dictatorships! It ain't pretty but its true!

Are capitalism and usary the same thing?

Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

US civil war II would undoubtedly hurt the Canadian economy.

Canada will get hurt a lot worse if the USA dosn,t collapse internally or alternativly hang thier goddamn thieving lying political class. Which is my perferred solution.
 
coldstream
+1
#23
One of the great 'lost texts' of the 20th Century is Oswald Spengler's Decline of the West (especially V.1). It caused a furor and intense interest was it was published in 1918. It fell into obscurity following the WW2, but gives a laser like insight and precise predictions of the major events and cultural and economic disintegration of the West of the last 50 years.
Last edited by coldstream; Jan 15th, 2018 at 02:36 PM..
 
darkbeaver
+3
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

If we continue to elect stupid politicians, the West will surely fail.


The many technologies such as the internet, twitter etc., also make things difficult as one has to "plow through" what is factual and what is not. Most of us are too busy earning a living so we can pay exorbitant taxes in the hopes of having some discretionary spending left over to enjoy the fruits of our labour.


And, finally sucking up to evil will surely be the final straw. ISIS and it's followers are standing by to pick up the pieces. We seem to forget how driven and determined they are and how weak we are as a society with our SJW's, "safe spaces", "easily offended" squealing like little piglets that things are so bad for them; like little toddlers who hang on to their mothers' skirts.


Our survival will be based on having the intestinal fortitude to fight against the very things that are destroying us from within. Political correctness will have accomplished what its set out to do - destroy the very things that make us strong.


JMHO

Hey Dixie Cup ISIS is a western coalition of paid mercenaries, most of the world knows that because it,s a fact, we hire them we train them and then we send them in to murder children and destroy thier homes those who remain are slaves to thier fake liberators. Stupid people like us elect stupid politicians and that,s not the worst. The west has condemned itself to failure and nothing can or will be done to change that while international bankers are allowed to walk the streets freely.
 
darkbeaver
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterPlan View Post

Fake news with ISIS and USA infact is only taliban the US forces trained and helped in war in 1980's between Afghanistan and Soviet.

Yes and then they backstabbed them.
 
Danbones
+1
#26
Everyone usually goes home when they turn off the beer
 
darkbeaver
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Everyone usually goes home when they turn off the beer

Yah except Uncle Sham who likes to stick arround and help out the remaining little shjthole peeple build a perfect democracy.
 
Dixie Cup
#28
I really don't care who "created" ISIS and their ilk; they're evil and it's going to come back to haunt us if we ignore what they stand for and our political elite are handing us over on a silver platter with their "open border" policies, political correctness BS etc.


ISIS has categorically stated, for example, that the UK will be an "Islamic State" by 2020 and it's well on its way due to the stupidity of their politicians. Don't think that, over a period of time, it won't happen here; maybe not now or next year or in the next few years; time, after all, is on their side.


So how do you erase an ideology that is truly evil and corrupt? Anyone??


All I am asking for of our politicians is to find out who is coming into our country, jail and throw away the key for those who have left to fight with the enemy (if they're Canadian) and if they're immigrants who have Canadian citizenship, strip them of their citizenship and deport them so as to keep us safe from any harm they may try to impose on us. That is what our government is supposed to do so they should damn well do it.
Our political elite must understand that there is no such thing as Islamophobia - it's a made up word to make a portion of the population have more "rights" than the rest of the population.


Only a moron (and there are some here) would categorically state that Muslims are bad people. It's NOT Muslims who are bad; it's the radical Islamists (Political Islam) that are bad and the majority of Muslims came here to escape those very radicals. Yet our politicians seem to have no issue with calling those who are concerned about these same radicals, bigots or racists when, in fact, it's an ideology that we are against - NOT a race. It is amazing to me that there is no defense to condoning these same radicals yet that is exactly what Trudeau and his ilk are doing. He would sell his soul (and already likely has) to get re-elected and to continue to be a pawn to those who would want to destroy what we have here to bring their butchering ways here (Sharia Law).


As an aside: Watched a video called "What British Muslims Really Think" and it is truly revealing. I recommend people watch it. It describes in-depth interviews with Muslims - not via phone or internet, but face to face as it's (apparently) more accurate. It seems that the politicians have it all wrong - Muslims don't necessarily want what we (or Brits) want. I'm sending Trudeau a link for him (or his ilk) to watch - not. They'd likely put me on a "watch list" LOL


Interesting and concerning watch though..


Dix
 
darkbeaver
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I really don't care who "created" ISIS and their ilk; they're evil and it's going to come back to haunt us if we ignore what they stand for and our political elite are handing us over on a silver platter with their "open border" policies, political correctness BS etc.
Dix

I agree they (ISIS) should be destroyed because they are evil but without the same treatment for thier western funding parent origanizers they will just be brought back under another name. The open border policies are designed and implemented to engender hate for primarily Muslims because thier lands are targeted and being destroyed the organizers hoped to rile up western masses to aim thier discontent at ISIS and not the responsible western powers by mixing the alleged murdering Islamics amongst the European stocked nations. There,s the reasons for all the politically correct bullshjt we hear nothing else but these days. It has been reported that 70 percent of these alleged refugees to Europe are military aged males, hence the fires the looting and the violence.
 
spilledthebeer
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That depends on whether we support the winning side or the loosing side.

Having a war next door is a gold mine. Ask the Dutch about all of those Fokkers that they built for the Bosch a hundred years ago. They made out fat and sassy from WWI.

Oh right! Dutch did not dare to argue with Imperial Germany! They knew very well that if Germany had won WW1 then Dutch would become part of German Empire! And Dutchman Anthony Fokker immigrated to Germany because it gave him the best opportunity to experiment with aircraft design- and once the war got started he did not dare to quit either!

AS for civil war in United States- HAHAHAHAHA! The worst that will happen is they expand and further develop their "no go" zones- the places you cannot enter safely if you are the wrong skin colour or wear a uniform etc.....and of course if things get too wild in the ghettos then the power and welfare will be shut off to starve goofs into submission!

ITs been 15-20 years since National Geographic Magazine told us that over 80 percent of the Italian economy operates beyond the reach of any tax regulator! And its been 20 years since Italy declared war on the Mafia. Crime bosses responded with a wave of assassinations of Italian prosecutors- including the chief prosecutor- the guy was riding in a motorcade- 3 armoured cars rolling along the Italian equivalent of highway 401- with over a ton of dynamite hidden in a culvert under the highway-triggered remotely when the 3 cars crossed over the culvert- many dead in the blast!

Italy is run by the Mafia- with elected officials allowed to manage any parts of the country that Mafia is not interested in- the Italian govt model is our future and it will include an unholy alliance between civil service unions and Mafia!