Robin Williams dead at 63

gore0bsessed

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”
Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love.
According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/1...ms-dead-at-63/

lone wolf
+1
Shazbud! Rest in peace, Robin. You've painted many a smile....

GreenFish66
Ah man!...My Favorite Actor...Whatta Loss...

God Bless
All Bless

Robin Williams

Goober
+1
He has Heaven laughing now.

bill barilko
+1 / -12
A marginal talent, classic one trick pony.

DaSleeper
+7
One of his bests scenes......
Good Morning Vietnam Best Scenes - YouTube

Goober
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Memorial threads are not to trash someone.
Start a separate thread.

Walter
+5
Williams and Jonathan Winters were the two best improve comedians.

SLM
+4

Says the marginally intelligent one trick poster. Is there actually anything that you're not an ignorant douchebag about? Rhetorical question.

bill barilko
There's a reason that damaged individual appealed to so many posters here-anyone know why?

B00Mer
+3
OMG.. he was one of the great ones, could always bring a smile to your face. RIP

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl98ugyaesg

SLM
+3

There's a reason that damaged individual appealed to so many posters here-anyone know why?

You're the one that's damaged. You have a weird compulsion to denigrate everything and just about everyone on this forum. Why are you here? Just to be a thorn in people's sides? Is that some big exciting thrill for you? What a sad and pathetic individual you are.

Why don't you take your 'tude, and take a nice long walk on a really short pier.

Moron.

Goober
+6

Time to STFU.

Colpy
+6
Fantastically funny man.....and a very good actor.

Awakenings

Such a shame.

B00Mer
+4
Just called my Mom, who was sad, but she was not surprised..

She refereed to him as a Modern Day Pagliacci, the clown who cried. On the outside a clown but inwardly tortured - laughing to hide the tears, like Pagliacci.

Take it from my family, they are all score over 145 + IQ, and they are all Liberals..

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo.

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo. - YouTube

Colpy
+9
#16  Top Rated Post

You're an idiot.

An obnoxious idiot at that.

Twila
+4
I'd heard recently that he might have started using again. What a loss. What a heart shock.

Goober
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Fantastically funny man.....and a very good actor.

Awakenings

Such a shame.

The Fisher King, a role that was brilliantly played.

SLM
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

The Fisher King, a role that was brilliantly played.

The Fisher King was fantastic. Good Will Hunting....for a renowned funny man, he had a great deal of dramatic roles under his belt. Those who make us laugh so easily can also easily tear at our heart strings.

I feel so sad right now.

Mowich
+9
Robin Williams helped ease the sadness I felt after George Carlin died............and he did it so well. Farewell Robin and thanks for the joy you brought to all of us.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Just called my Mom, who was sad, but she was not surprised..

She refereed to him as a Modern Day Pagliacci, the clown who cried. On the outside a clown but inwardly tortured - laughing to hide the tears, like Pagliacci.

Take it from my family, they are all score over 145 + IQ, and they are all Liberals..

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo.

Luciano Pavarotti. I Pagliacci. R. Leoncavallo. - YouTube

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone," Williams himself tweeted once."

A quote from the MSN website reporting on the death.

SLM
+1
Quote:

John Keating: Language was developed for one endeavor, and that is - Mr. Anderson? Come on, are you a man or an amoeba?
[pause]
John Keating: Mr. Perry?
Neil: To communicate.
John Keating: No! To woo women!

Dead Poets Society

Quote:

"I'm Rainbow ****ing Randolph"

Quote:

Cop: Are you ok?

Randolph: I don't know. I'm kind of ****ed up in general so it's hard to gauge.

Death to Smoochy

Quote:

Miranda: What happened?
Mrs. Doubtfire: He was quite fond of the drink. It was the drink that killed him.
Miranda: How awful. He was an alcoholic?
Mrs. Doubtfire: No, he was hit by a Guinness truck.

Mrs. Doubtfire

Quote:

Host: What brought you from Chicago to Detroit?
[in the meaning of WHY did you move from Chicago to Detroit]
Robin Williams: A plane.

Inside The Actor's Studio.

B00Mer
+2

Liberalman
+6
I still wish this is a bad dream. He made me laugh and helped make my life a positive one. Suicide is the worst way to go for a man who had so much to live for. R.I.P. Robin Williams I will miss you.

DaSleeper
+2
Was The most likeable Liberal you ever saw.......

B00Mer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Was The most likeable Liberal you ever saw.......

Gave you a thumbs up, but lets not turn this tragedy into politics.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Gave you a thumbs up, but lets not turn this tragedy into politics.

Not a chance.....comedy was his thing......on stage or off....I never saw an interviewer able to keep a straight face while interviewing him....

gopher
+7
I was stunned upon hearing of this and am still shaking my head. The man was an absolute master of comedy and would go to any length to get people to laugh such as this from 1980:

I just cannot believe that this tragic news is true.

Ludlow
+6
Life can be pretty hard sometimes. I guess everyone has their fair share of pain and sadness. There are though places that maybe for just a moment or two, you can go and put the sadness aside and experience joy and laughter and a sense of the things that really matter in life. Robin Williams was one of those places. Feeling kind of sad today. Really liked the guy.

Kreskin
+3
Wow, I'm shocked. Just yesterday I was watching some of his old stand up comedy. One of the best of all time.

talloola
+3
loved all of his movies, but he did seem like a complicated individual, that mind of his worked

way too fast, that must have been a chore to look after. i wonder if he knew how to relax.

sincere thoughts to his family, it is so sad for them.