Neonicotinoids are killing bees

Omicron
It means you should sue them.

petros
More moonbeem organic growers association malarkey?

Pesticides and GMO have been eliminated in several studies and it's down to two possibilities beeing either viral or parasitic.

Why would colony collapse disorder bee happening where pesticides aren't beeing used?

Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus

Nosema ceranae

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

More moonbeem organic growers association malarkey?

Pesticides and GMO have been eliminated in several studies and it's down to two possibilities beeing either viral or parasitic.

Why would colony collapse disorder bee happening where pesticides aren't beeing used?

Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus

Nosema ceranae

No, this pesticide isn't causing colony collapse disorder, it does kill bees though:
Pollinator Protection: Reducing Risk from Treated Seed [Health Canada, 2013]

petros
Of course it does but if CCD is still happening in remote areas of the planet where there is no pesticide use, it's obviously not the culprit.

If it's something like parasitic mites the only way to rid of them is to use something like predator mites in hives to clean up the harmful mites. If it's IAP virus, the cost of pharms will probably put apiarists out of business without some sort of Fed funding.

The Chinese are already having to hand pollenate fruit trees like pears by hand. They have the manpower to do so but we don't.

It's going to be (is) a rough ride for some sectors of agriculture.

B00Mer
Mother Nature doing a reset, and eventually we will end up extinct too.

Walter
So much fake news. Even the progs now admit itís all made up shit.

Wild Bees Disappearing? Another Month, Another Bungled Bee Study
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-e...b_8913974.html

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

So much fake news. Even the progs now admit itís all made up shit.

Wild Bees Disappearing? Another Month, Another Bungled Bee Study
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-e...b_8913974.html

DO you ever read these links, Fake News?

Jinentonix
+2
#9  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

DO you ever read these links, Fake News?

Mr. Assfacts asks ironically.

spaminator

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

There is more than enough evidence to indicate that certain types if insecticides ARE killing bees!

And since Bees are responsible for pollinating roughly 80 percent of our food crops- it seems rather stupid to be killing Bees this way!!!!!

So how come our vaunted LIE-beral defenders of the environment are IGNORING this wholesale slaughter of a species we so strongly depend on?

Bees are not Muslims and do not vote so I guess LIE-berals dont mind ignoring them????

Bees go about their work with NO need for govt grants so no way for LIE-berals to bribe them!!!!!

Bees display a remarkable lack of bias- they will collect pollen from flowers of any colour!!!!!

Bees are useful creatures who work hard for our benefit, they are non corruptible and cannot be bribed, they do not vote and thus have no political influence!

CLEARLY such creatures HAVE NO PLACE IN LIE-BERAL SOCIETY and can be allowed to DIE of neglect!!!!

LIE-berals are bent out of shape because some waitress drives her car home from her late shift because she does not feel safe on the street- thanks to screwed up LIE-beral immigration policy and the muddled actions of LIE-beral hug a thug judges and so she drives instead of taking public transit and this offends LIE-berals on multiple levels!

Yet LIE-berals can IGNORE the extinction of a species we depend on VERY HEAVILY for our basic food supplies!!!!

Oh well- Monsanto makes political donations to LIE-berals but stupid Bees dont pay taxes or offer donations so SCREW THEM RIGHT!!!

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Mr. Assfacts asks ironically.

I read everything I link to.

Cliffy

I read everything I link to.

But do you ever fact check? Most of what you post is alt-right propaganda.

Walter
+1
Just picked up some buckwheat honey on my way home from Georgian Bay today. I usually buy from this beekeeper and he says his bees are doing well this year compared to last since it’s drier and warmer this year. He says the gubmint propaganda is just that.

Bar Sinister
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Walter wouldn'r know a fact if it bit him on the ass.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Walter wouldn'r know a fact if it bit him on the ass.

LIE-berals are truly SKILLED- at `D`ing anything they do not want to discuss- that is- DENY, DISMISS, DELAY. DENIGRATE, DISTORT, DISSEMBLE!!!!!

LIE-berals feverishly cheer hypocrite David Suzuki when he supports their carbon crap and trade ripoff- even though Suzuki himself would NEVER live within such a limited carbon foot print since it would interfere with his world travelling and ownership of half a dozen houses and etc!

And yet when Suzuki talks about insecticides killing Bees- LIE-berals are utterly SILENT about Suzuki!!!!!!

And LIE-berals IGNORE the evidence about why Bees are dying- I guess they are getting some nice gravy from Monsanto?

That Monsanto is giving good gravy to LIE-berals would certainly seem to explain the details of the Monsanto HARASSMENT of Sakatchewan farmer Percy Shmeisser!

Shmeisser grows canola and rape seed on his prairie farm- and he gets his seed the old school way- by saving part of his ripened crop!

Yet Monsanto has successfully SUED Shmeisser in Cdn court for using their seed illegally!

A significant portion of Shmeissers yearly crop consisted of plants with genetic markers like those in Monsanto plants- yet Shmeisser had never bought any Monsanto seed nor signed their contract for permission to use their product so Monsanto SUED for contract violation and damages!

It sounds logical till you see news footage of Shmeisser standing by the road side as large open trucks carrying Monsanto seed from a local warehouse go rumbling by- with seed either spilling out of the truck or being BLOWN out of the truck by those strong prairie winds!

There is spilled Monsanto seed growing WILD at the sides of the road and yet MOnsanto cannot understand how their seed could get into fields beside the road!

In addition- Monsanto admits that pollen from its seed crop is so similar to other varieties that cross pollination can EASILY OCCUR!

Monsanto does not deny that pollen from their crop can easily blow OUT of a field owned by one of their customers and contaminate Shmeissers crop without him being able to prevent this contamination!

Yet such is the madness that infects our legal system that Monsanto WON their lawsuit against Shmeisser because he had not ripped up his entire crop that Monsanto had contaminated!

IN a truly honest legal system Monsanto would have been LAUGHED out of court for trying to sue a victim of their sloppy pollution!

But LIE-beral minds are in control of our legal system and they support Monsanto even though Monsanto has turned our ENTIRE PLANET into a vast laboratory for their genetically modified crap- which they have PROVEN can easily cross pollinate other seed crops so swiftly and readily that the product now cannot be recalled or recovered if it is subsequently proven to be harmful in some fashion!

Surely only some sort of madness or bribery would permit a judge to BLAME Shmeisser for having Monsanto pollute HIS crops with their CRAP!!!!!!

Dixie Cup
+1 / -1
[QUOTE=spilledthebeer;2640918]LIE-berals are truly SKILLED- at `D`ing anything they do not want to discuss- that is- DENY, DISMISS, DELAY. DENIGRATE, DISTORT, DISSEMBLE!!!!!

LIE-berals feverishly cheer hypocrite David Suzuki when he supports their carbon crap and trade ripoff- even though Suzuki himself would NEVER live within such a limited carbon foot print since it would interfere with his world travelling and ownership of half a dozen houses and etc!

And yet when Suzuki talks about insecticides killing Bees- LIE-berals are utterly SILENT about Suzuki!!!!!!

And LIE-berals IGNORE the evidence about why Bees are dying- I guess they are getting some nice gravy from Monsanto?

That Monsanto is giving good gravy to LIE-berals would certainly seem to explain the details of the Monsanto HARASSMENT of Sakatchewan farmer Percy Shmeisser!

Shmeisser grows canola and rape seed on his prairie farm- and he gets his seed the old school way- by saving part of his ripened crop!

Yet Monsanto has successfully SUED Shmeisser in Cdn court for using their seed illegally!

A significant portion of Shmeissers yearly crop consisted of plants with genetic markers like those in Monsanto plants- yet Shmeisser had never bought any Monsanto seed nor signed their contract for permission to use their product so Monsanto SUED for contract violation and damages!

It sounds logical till you see news footage of Shmeisser standing by the road side as large open trucks carrying Monsanto seed from a local warehouse go rumbling by- with seed either spilling out of the truck or being BLOWN out of the truck by those strong prairie winds!

There is spilled Monsanto seed growing WILD at the sides of the road and yet MOnsanto cannot understand how their seed could get into fields beside the road!

In addition- Monsanto admits that pollen from its seed crop is so similar to other varieties that cross pollination can EASILY OCCUR!

Monsanto does not deny that pollen from their crop can easily blow OUT of a field owned by one of their customers and contaminate Shmeissers crop without him being able to prevent this contamination!

Yet such is the madness that infects our legal system that Monsanto WON their lawsuit against Shmeisser because he had not ripped up his entire crop that Monsanto had contaminated!

IN a truly honest legal system Monsanto would have been LAUGHED out of court for trying to sue a victim of their sloppy pollution!

But LIE-beral minds are in control of our legal system and they support Monsanto even though Monsanto has turned our ENTIRE PLANET into a vast laboratory for their genetically modified crap- which they have PROVEN can easily cross pollinate other seed crops so swiftly and readily that the product now cannot be recalled or recovered if it is subsequently proven to be harmful in some fashion!

Surely only some sort of madness or bribery would permit a judge to BLAME Shmeisser for having Monsanto pollute HIS crops with their CRAP!!!!!![/QUOTE

I heard that someone lost their fight against Monsanto because he was found to have some of Monsanto's seed in his crop and Monsanto sued him and won. I couldn't bloody well believe it - how on earth was he to prevent the "winds from blowing" crap into his fields? Oh, I know - the legal system figures that one can simply raise their arms so that mother nature will listen to his demands. The whole thing is outrageous - he should have won the suit and demanded reparations to his crop. But it seems to me that the law is not for the protection of society any more; this was the first of two recent rulings that are absolutely wrong and we should be raising hell about it too.

JMHO

Walter
+1 / -1
1. No one reads long posts.
2. “Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.”
― Terry Pratchett
3. Use bigger font, cuz no one will believe you if you don’t.

Dixie Cup
+1

1. No one reads long posts.
2. ďFive exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.Ē
― Terry Pratchett
3. Use bigger font, cuz no one will believe you if you donít.

Hey Walter: My post wasn't all that long and I don't use big letters FYI. Read again....

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Hey Walter: My post wasn't all that long and I don't use big letters FYI. Read again....

Monsanto is using the same sort of bully boy tactics against farmers in Australia as they are in Canada against farmers like Percy Shmeisser!

Monsanto can only get away with this crap if they have the support of judges- and since the legal decision against Shmeisser runs so contrary to standard Cdn law- a cynic must assume "The Fix" is IN!!!!!!

petros
Are you sure it's not Bayer?

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

This is in Huffpost. Not much farther left than that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Assuming he read it the first time.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

This is in Huffpost. Not much farther left than that.

Assuming he read it the first time.

Actually I did not read the Huff Post about Cdn farmer Percy Shmeisser!

Both the article on Shmeisser and a second article about an Austrailan farmer were printed in Toronto Sun ad National Post!

That is the value of print media- they are more detailed and informative than visual media like tv and more accountable than the web since one cannot simply delete unpopular posts that have been put out with ink and paper!!

Print media therefore is held to a higher standard than web sources!!!!!

And print media has the ability to produce more than a stupid sound bite on a critical issue!

This of course is why LIE-berals condemn print media so often!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals do not want a detailed discussion of their many failed policies since they come out looking so bad!!!!!!!

HeyBill
My daughter with a large property in a rural area of southern Ontario tells me that there are plenty of wild bees so I am confused

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by HeyBill View Post

My daughter with a large property in a rural area of southern Ontario tells me that there are plenty of wild bees so I am confused

Have you noticed there is no shortage of honey.

spilledthebeer

Have you noticed there is no shortage of honey.

HeyBill says he is confused about the Bees.......

Uh-huh.......but then I bet HeyBill was CONFUSED BEFORE we started talking about Bees!!!!

Such confusion is a common state of mind for those trying to defend LIE-beral policy in general and LIE-beral environmental policy specifically!!!

LIE-berals were very excited about quoting David Suzuki back when he was championing caebon crap and trade taxes.........but that was then and this is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzuki went on a public rant a year after Our idiot Boy Justin was elected and ripped Justin as a fake environmentalist since Justin had DONE NOTHING for the environment!!!!!

Suzuki also did a documentary about dying Bee colonies and the nasty reality that certain cehmicals being used by farmers were killing the Bees

And of course Suzuki took Our idiot Boy to task for not banning those chemicals!

So now LIE-berals do not quote Suzuki nearly so often for fear of stirring up nasty arguments!!!!

AS for HeyBill and his relative with the healthy Bee population- Muskoka is NOT an area where much farming is done so Bees there are NOT exposed to dangerous chemicals!!!!

HeyBill......isnt it ANNOYING when there is such a simple explanation for a thing?

And LORD KNOWS- LIE-beral;s DO NOT want simple answers to anything since it would make it harder to confuse people while defending FAILED LIE-beral policies using bafflegab!!!!!!