NFL suspends anthem rule - again

Hoid
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...t-donald-trump

In yet another change of course the NFL has decided its "players on the field must stand" rule is no longer viable - given the backlash they have received. If there has ever been a bigger group of spineless rich guys than the NFL ownership I can't imagine what it is.

The fact is that a few players kneeling for the anthem is not something the league should even concern itself with. Who cares? A few old white guys and that's about it.

The public could care less, and the claims that the NFL is getting hurt by it are ridiculous. 2017 was yet another revenue record year.

https://www.reuters.com/article/foot...-idUSKBN1K719F

there was an $8 billion revenue pot to share from last year so please, lets stop this nonsense that anthem protests are hurting anybodies bottom line.

the only thing that is hurting the NFL is the way they handle their own business. From their tacit approval of domestic violence to the anthem thing, the head office continually gets it wrong.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...t-donald-trump

In yet another change of course the NFL has decided its "players on the field must stand" rule is no longer viable - given the backlash they have received.

That's not what happened, but you're free to believe it is.

Hoid
"Now the NFL will put the anthem rule on hold after a fresh round of criticism this week."

I guess I got it wrong.

Tecumsehsbones

"Now the NFL will put the anthem rule on hold after a fresh round of criticism this week."

I guess I got it wrong.

To be fair, your source got it wrong.

The NFL is "freezing" the rule as part of the grievance procedure under the contract with the NFLPA.

Hoid
I guess to be completely accurate the NFL is getting sued and decided to cut their losses given that demanding someone stand up during the National Anthem is not even vaguely constitutional.

Curious Cdn
Trump DEMANDS that you stand for his national anthem.

http://youtu.be/AOAtz8xWM0w

Tecumsehsbones
+1

I guess to be completely accurate the NFL is getting sued and decided to cut their losses given that demanding someone stand up during the National Anthem is not even vaguely constitutional.

You guess wrong, but that's nothing new.

Bar Sinister
I've got an idea. Stop singing the national anthem at sporting events. It was eliminated in theatres decades ago,

Danbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Trump DEMANDS that you stand for his national anthem.

http://youtu.be/AOAtz8xWM0w

You commies hate that don't you...?

I mean, Jeepers man! YOU stand for nothing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I've got an idea. Stop singing the national anthem at sporting events. It was eliminated in theatres decades ago,

You now have an idea that occurred decades ago to everyone else?

Hmmmm...

Hoid
Poop for Brains needs a winner issue for the base.

The treason thing is not helping at the polls, therefore - attack black people!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The NFL National Anthem Debate is alive and well again - can’t believe it! Isn’t it in contract that players must stand at attention, hand on heart? The $40,000,000 Commissioner must now make a stand. First time kneeling, out for game. Second time kneeling, out for season/no pay!

7:17 PM - Jul 20, 2018
95.4K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Durry

A better idea is to reinforce the standing and singing of the national anthem at all public events, including sports events and theatres.

It was these kind of values that helped make NA great, and now we have all these useless immigrants bringing their loser ways to this country, we have to get back to reinforceing the values that worked in the past.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

You now have an idea that occurred decades ago to everyone else?

Hmmmm...

Apparently it never occurred to you. But what else is new?

Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

A better idea is to reinforce the standing and singing of the national anthem at all public events, including sports events and theatres.

It was these kind of values that helped make NA great, and now we have all these useless immigrants bringing their loser ways to this country, we have to get back to reinforceing the values that worked in the past.

I believe such a law was strongly enforced in both Nazi Germany and soviet Russia. All those values do is make a society more narrow minded.

Hoid
As I am probably the only person on this forum who has attended an NFL game let me explain something: the National Anthem is when you take a piss.

That is a tradition.

Hoid
+1
NFL 2018 season about to kickoff and it will not televise the natty anthem and will televise the Nike Colin Kapernick just do it commercial.

My how times have changed.

Walter
This whole thread could be placed in the NFL dying thread.

Danbones
+1

Apparently it never occurred to you. But what else is new?
I believe such a law was strongly enforced in both Nazi Germany and soviet Russia. All those values do is make a society more narrow minded.

I haven't sung or stood for the national anthem in decades - that is how long ago the idea didn't occur to me.

I did record a version of ours for a really good flight video made by Canada's ( at the time) oldest licensed helicopter pilot though.

Just so you know: YOU TRUMPHATERS are the freespeech takers, ( Alex Jones for example) which makes YOU the commies, nazis, and globalists.

WE have seen your death tolls