Notley pulling Alberta out of federal climate plan

EagleSmack
+1
How is Canada going to pay into the Climate Fund without any Climate Tax?

petros
+4
Trees, crops, tundra and grasslands.

EagleSmack
+1
Does Fiji accept pieces of tundra in lieu of cash?

Mowich
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Hmmn.............how about the Canadian government begins by cutting off all welfare payments to the unemployed bums who showed up to protest, build hovels, light illegal campfires and spread their filth through the neighborhood. Then we could get the names of all the reserves foolish enough to participate in the same protests and withdraw all their funding. Considering the millions of dollars wasted on these two groups alone, we should come up with a tidy bundle of cash.

MHz
1st domino in a global fail.

Now we just have to use some real science to figure out what is going on and where it is going and go along with the changes rather than fighting. Grapes grown in Morocco taste just as good as ones grown in France who might become the new potato kings of the EU

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Hmmn.............how about the Canadian government begins by cutting off all welfare payments to the unemployed bums who showed up to protest, build hovels, light illegal campfires and spread their filth through the neighborhood. Then we could get the names of all the reserves foolish enough to participate in the same protests and withdraw all their funding. Considering the millions of dollars wasted on these two groups alone, we should come up with a tidy bundle of cash.

That would mean most of the Social Workers would get laid off and start complaining about how they have been used and abused.

White_Unifier
+1
why lower the carbon tax when the Alberta government could drop income taxes instead?

MHz
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Trees, crops, tundra and grasslands.

Renewable fresh water in the form of ice. Peat-moss by the box-car for places with too much sand or silt, and the list goes on, . . .
If we are going to sell out Alberta might as well sell itself out rather than Ontario and Quebec doing it.

Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

why lower the carbon tax when the Alberta government could drop income taxes instead?

Bots don't pay taxes, . . . yet. They don't qualify for credits either.

petros
+1

Why not raise the GST instead of BS carbon taxes?

They can't guilt you into GST?

White_Unifier

Environmentally-speaking, a haircut doesn't harm the environment nearly as much as a flight does. So tax the carbon. User-pay.

Ron in Regina
+4 / -1

I vote it comes from Justin Trudeau's Trust Fund.

petros
+2
Prime Minster Prom Queen's shoe collection would fetch a good return.

White_Unifier

Prime Minster Prom Queen's shoe collection would fetch a good return.

How do you know it's not fungus-ridden? I'm not saying it is: just asking.
Last edited by White_Unifier; 2 weeks ago at 09:43 PM..

petros
+2
Who cares, use bowling shoe spray.

MHz
+1

This way they target the ones with BMW's that shop at the Goodwill Store over the one that pushe a cart there.

EagleSmack
+7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Liberals do not and will not, nor under any circumstances give up their own stacks of cash.

Twin_Moose
+2
Trans Mountain ruling fuels anger, fear in Alberta oil patch

Quote:

Premier Rachel Notley called on the federal government to immediately appeal the decision to the Supreme Court of Canada and call recall Parliament for an emergency session.
At the Nisku Tim Horton's, Dave Jorgensen, a retired vice principal who has lived in the area for decades, said he hoped efforts by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Notley would "jump-start the process" through an emergency session or the lobbying other premiers.
"This to me just smacks of pacific privilege," said Jorgensen. "Nobody wants to stand on a tub and thump but certainly I think there is a level of anxiety that I've never seen before."
Jorgensen said environmental assessments are an important part of the process but expressed concern they were done without an understanding of the economic implications.
"The oil supply that Alberta provides really is in the national interest," said Jorgensen. "This path we're on right now will not only compromise the economy of Alberta but will compromise the Canadian economy."

petros
+1
Something tells me the taps are being turned off.

Petro-Canada

948 Austin Ave
Coquitlam, BC

Regular - 154.9˘

$5.87 for a US gallon.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/Station/65484

Gilgamesh
+1

Welcome to the club Rachel...

Hours after a stunning Federal Court of Appeal decision in which Ottawa’s approval of the contentious Trans Mountain pipeline expansion was overturned, Premier Rachel Notley addressed Albertans about the latest hurdle to come before the project and dropped a political bombshell of her own.

“Signing on to the federal climate plan can’t happen without the Trans Mountain pipeline,” she told reporters at a new conference Thursday evening. “Today I’m announcing that with the Trans Mountain halted and the work on it halted, until the federal government gets its act together, Alberta is pulling out of the federal climate plan and let’s be clear, without Alberta, that plan isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.”

Notley said Alberta signing onto the plan was always contingent on the Trans Mountain pipeline project going forward.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4420319/n...rt-ruling/amp/

Reluctantly I have to say.

All the above proves that we are a little country, a country unable to govern itself rationally.

Very depressing indeed.

MHz

Something tells me the taps are being turned off.
Petro-Canada
948 Austin Ave
Coquitlam, BC
Regular - 154.9˘
$5.87 for a US gallon.
https://www.gasbuddy.com/Station/65484

How about the EU is embracing the fact that they will be using NG from Russia if they want to survive the coming winter.

petros
+3

Environmentally-speaking, a haircut doesn't harm the environment nearly as much as a flight does. So tax the carbon. User-pay.

Carbon taxes have nothing to do with the environment. It's a scam you naive fool.

taxslave
+1

Does Fiji accept pieces of tundra in lieu of cash?

According to the gloom&doomers that tundra will soon be prime farmland.

taxslave

Why not make all taxes voluntary?

taxslave

I slipped.

taxslave

I slipped.thumbs are not working right on my iPad.

Decapoda
+1

Liberals do not and will not, nor under any circumstances give up their own stacks of cash.

Of course not...they're entitled to their entitlements.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Of course not...they're entitled to their entitlements.

Which are what they call white privelege.