Senator Commander John McCain, 1936-1918

MHz
Wounding is allowed rather that it has to be a kill shot.

White_Unifier
How did I not notice the thread title? Did McCain build a time machine?

MHz
The OP was a bit rattled by his death, nothing more, nothing less.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe. We weaken it when we hide behind walls rather than tear them down."

John Sidney McCain

Aha, that's what has old Trump all pissed off. Once you know the facts you can hardly blame him.

Hoid
You can't blame a baby for crying.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Aha, that's what has old Trump all pissed off. Once you know the facts you can hardly blame him.

"Once you know the facts"

You figure that you know some "facts"?

darkbeaver
He would,nt know a fact from a fart.

MHz
It would appear that way, it could be the puppet in his green years. If you come out of retirement would you do it for 'peanuts'. They let him a few tweets. Maybe the flag thing is a 'help me' in some code.

Cannuck
+1
Adieu John.

I would have voted for him over
Obama in a heartbeat. Nice to see him screwing Trump in death. Gotta respect the man

Walter
MSM's Revisionist Love Affair With McCain
https://pjmedia.com/trending/the-msm...ch-to-stomach/

Yep.

Hoid
Are you still mad at him for hurting the Poop Stain's feels?

JLM

"Once you know the facts"

You figure that you know some "facts"?

Not very many which is the main reason I'm not quick to judge. The reason I question the Carte blanche advice that we should automatically respect McCain. I think he's likely like most people, he's done some good in his life and probably made a few mistakes. I admire the man from what I do know, but there's a lot I don't know which could possibly put my assessment in doubt. If I do err, I would prefer it to be in his favour.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Are you still mad at him for hurting the Poop Stain's feels?

That one post is just a prime example of your crass ignorance!

darkbeaver
A Senator Masquerading as a Gas Station

August 29, 2018
Dmitry Orlov — Club Orlov August 28, 2018

John McCain is dead, and many people are celebrating whereas they should be sad. He wasn’t a friend of mankind—he was its enemy, but a really bad one. But with such grossly incompetent enemies—who needs friends?

McCain did a great deal to destroy America. He devoted his entire lifetime to American destruction. To start with, he was quite effective as a protester against America’s genocidal war on the people of Vietnam. Other Americans just marched around ineffectually, waving banners and shouting antiwar slogans, but not McCain! His own father had a lot to do with starting that war, but McCain made up for that by destroying 26 American war planes. That’s quite something! If every American flyer crashed as many planes, countless innocent lives would have been saved.

Of course, he could have done even better—and he did try. He almost managed to destroy the US aircraft carrier Forrestal by setting it ablaze. To top off his illustrious military career, he surrendered to the enemy and spent five years in a Vietnamese prison. This made him a hero—in Americans’ eyes only, while the rest of the world saw in him a murderer of Vietnamese children.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

A Senator Masquerading as a Gas Station

August 29, 2018
Dmitry Orlov — Club Orlov August 28, 2018

John McCain is dead, and many people are celebrating whereas they should be sad. He wasn’t a friend of mankind—he was its enemy, but a really bad one. But with such grossly incompetent enemies—who needs friends?

McCain did a great deal to destroy America. He devoted his entire lifetime to American destruction. To start with, he was quite effective as a protester against America’s genocidal war on the people of Vietnam. Other Americans just marched around ineffectually, waving banners and shouting antiwar slogans, but not McCain! His own father had a lot to do with starting that war, but McCain made up for that by destroying 26 American war planes. That’s quite something! If every American flyer crashed as many planes, countless innocent lives would have been saved.

Of course, he could have done even better—and he did try. He almost managed to destroy the US aircraft carrier Forrestal by setting it ablaze. To top off his illustrious military career, he surrendered to the enemy and spent five years in a Vietnamese prison. This made him a hero—in Americans’ eyes only, while the rest of the world saw in him a murderer of Vietnamese children.

"If you have nothing nice to say about a person it's better to say nothing" - (An admonishment I agree with 95% of the time)

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

"If you have nothing nice to say about a person it's better to say nothing" - (An admonishment I agree with 95% of the time)

So you would have us remain silent even when considering Stalin or Hitler or the Boston strangler. It,s your favoured advice that permitted these types of monsters. The meek will inherit a world full of tyrants. How could anyone with good judgement revere a scum bag like John McCain. He was an irresponsible little rich boy his whole life. How many other dirtbags do you admire?

Hoid

coldstream
+1
I think Trump might have a point when he sais the mainstream media's response to John McCain's death has not only been over the top but tainted with a specific political (and antiTrump) bent as well.

McCain I will not deny was a brave POW and a war hero. He was a moderately accomplished legislator. He represented an aggressive NeoConservative world view of global intervention, free trade, civil libertarianism and he failed to convince the American public that he should represent their interests as President on two occasions.

Is that really worth the wall to wall coverage, gooey sentimental schtick and naive idealism that has permeated the tv for the last week. It has been used at every opportunity by CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Wash. Post and assoc. as a platform to denigrate Trump.

It seems that McCain intentionally orchestrated in detail his funeral as platform for the NeoCon Establishment to bash, by comparison, Trump (McCain's running mate Sarah Palin, a Trump supporter, was also not invited) and his nationalist and populist agendas.

It frankly all has a tinge of pettiness and bitterness to it for ambitions unrealized.

In fairness Trump, perhaps belatedly, issued a gracious statement (by his standards) acknowledging and thanking McCain for his service. He provided the family with everything they requested.. an Honour Guard, logistics, plane and conveyance, and an extended mourning period. Of course it wasn't good enough for CNN and co... but that is to be expected.
Last edited by coldstream; 2 weeks ago at 01:29 PM..

Walter
McCain called Trump supporters crazy in 2015 and never apologized. Trump fights back and has an elephant’s memory.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

McCain called Trump supporters crazy in 2015 and never apologized. Trump fights back and has an elephant’s memory.

McCain spoke the truth. Trump has never done that in his entire life.

You ARE all crazy.

MHz
Elephant on fermented fruit, . . . just sayin. . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIlyl1GFcaY

Curious Cdn
No big Navy parade. No big fighter jets fly-by.

Ah, well.
Quiet dignity beats all of that, I guess.

BTW, How's the golfing, Bone Spurs?

Walter
+1
Is it over yet?
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog..._over_yet.html

Another failure to take down POTUS.

Danbones

McCain spoke the truth. Trump has never done that in his entire life.
You ARE all crazy.

You ISUS supporting commies and "the truth" are a weird non combination.

Mccain since the "keating five" days has been nothing but a bag man for the criminals you flaunt for doood.

McCain: The Most Reprehensible of the Keating Five
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...g-five-6431838

[youtube]l61jxSX5PDE[/youtube]

McCain's vietnam radio days just for you ya traitorous ****.

[youtube]vFM1xqqTX_g[/youtube]

Vietnam Veterans Against McCain
Last edited by Danbones; 2 weeks ago at 06:50 AM..