Feds register surplus of $3.2 billion over first 2 months of fiscal year

White_Unifier
+1
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fir...plus-1.4764392

OK, at least we can subtract that from the deficits and interest of the last few years. It only begins to make up for it though.

Tecumsehsbones
Excellent. Well done.

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Excellent. Well done.

Yeah, but that still doesn't excuse all of their previous debt. This budget is just starting to make up for it. It's hard to credit a government that's just cleaning up its own mess. But you know what: nowadays, a government that can clean up its own mess is still better than one that can't even do that.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Yeah, but that still doesn't excuse all of their previous debt. This budget is just starting to make up for it. It's hard to credit a government that's just cleaning up its own mess. But you know what: nowadays, a government that can clean up its own mess is still better than one that can't even do that.

Yes, I know, you get good news and all you can do is piss and moan. I was trying to overlook that, but you just had to drive it home, didn't you?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yes, I know, you get good news and all you can do is piss and moan. I was trying to overlook that, but you just had to drive it home, didn't you?

OK, good news, cheers.

MHz
Puerto Rico and the Cuba, forced vacations for Canadians if need-be, after we 'liberate' them.
Last edited by MHz; 3 weeks ago at 08:29 PM..

Ron in Regina
+3
#7  Top Rated Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fir...plus-1.4764392

OK, at least we can subtract that from the deficits and interest of the last few years. It only begins to make up for it though.

More than this was pissed away on a dead pipeline with one swipe of the pen and a couple of selfies.....

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

More than this was pissed away on a dead pipeline with one swipe of the pen and a couple of selfies.....

Yup. Ten steps back, one step forward, and celebrate the step forward like the ten steps back never happened.

Ron in Regina
+1

Yup. Ten steps back, one step forward, and celebrate the step forward like the ten steps back never happened.

Ten steps back was Harper's fault 'cuz.....look over there!! (exit stage left)

petros
+1
Oil budgeted at $55 a bbl but it's averaging $68

Danbones
Funny, Reverend Lindsey Williams who was a pastor to the oil companies up in the arctic for decades has predicted this pricing accurately AGAIN.
( because the oil execs tell him what they are going to do)

Glad I invested back when oil was cheap.

..and ummm...no its not completely under their control at all!
HaHaHaHaHaHahhhhhhaaaa hoho heh...!

Say are any of you rubes interested in buying up some global warming shore front in Arizona?

MHz
+1
"The leap was due to upward adjustments for inflation in real return bonds."

People also pay up on yearly taxes in those first 3 months, how much does that bring in compared to what the refunds are?

Tecumsehsbones

Um. . . no. You unceasingly whimper and wail about the ten steps back, even when there's a step forward.

It's straight out of Eeyore. "What a beautiful, sunny day!" "Yep, probably get skin cancer."

MHz
You spelled 'prevent' wrong.

Danbones
Sunscreen gives you cancer.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ng-cancer.aspx

MHz
I thought those spots were were the diet-pop that bubbled up as it tried to expel itself.