Robin Williams dead at 63

Sparrow
+4
He will be missed. He could put a smile on a face that was sad, but sadly could not do it for himself. Will always remember him along with the other great comedians.

Twila
+7
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

This is what I posted on The Stew and it applies here several times over

Congratulations you have an opinion. Now grow up and act like a human. A much loved human being with family, friends and fans who miss him has died. Why you think you're opinion of his talent has any merit or you're opinion of those who loved him and appreciated his talent would matter in the slightest is irrelevent.

The fact that you would come to a thread that is expressing respect, love, and mourning at his passing and blather on the way you have shows that either you are a miserable old coot who resides in a lonely bitterness or you are just a complete moron. No need to advice us of which, nobody here really cares.

El Barto
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Congratulations you have an opinion. Now grow up and act like a human. A much loved human being with family, friends and fans who miss him has died. Why you think you're opinion of his talent has any merit or you're opinion of those who loved him and appreciated his talent would matter in the slightest is irrelevent.

The fact that you would come to a thread that is expressing respect, love, and mourning at his passing and blather on the way you have shows that either you are a miserable old coot who resides in a lonely bitterness or you are just a complete moron. No need to advice us of which, nobody here really cares.

Bravo !!!

SLM
+3

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

He is rather like a worn out old Oscar the Grouch without any of the Muppet flair isn't he?

Twila
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

He is rather like a worn out old Oscar the Grouch without any of the Muppet flair isn't he?

he's most definitely uncouth and ill mannered.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Very good post. It is so important to keep those important dialogs about prevention going.

You likely know about coach Tony Dungy who is so respected especially here in the Twin Cities. He is often looked to as the moral exemplar of the NFL for his personal integrity, good character, and uplifting spirit. Yet he has had to face the terrible ordeal of losing his own son via suicide - nine years after this tragedy people still talk about it and were doing so yesterday on local sports radio. It has been suspected that his son was gay - Dungy himself has gone on record as saying he would not draft a gay player into his pro team. Yet, he tries to reconcile his archaic view by moralizing and sermonizing. This is viewed favorably by the more conservative members of the sports community. But many view this as too out of touch with today's reality. While many may disagree with him (I would have absolutely no trouble with drafting any player regardless of personal lifestyle) it remains important that he remains as a public figure so that we can all be reminded that no matter how pleasant things may appear on the surface, certain troubling things may be happening that we are not aware of and that we need to deal constructively with those problems.

Locutus
FOX411Verified account ‏@Fox411

Robin Williams’ wife says actor was struggling with Parkinson’s disease

Robin Williams’ wife says actor was struggling with Parkinson’s disease | Fox News

Tecumsehsbones
+1

either you are a miserable old coot who resides in a lonely bitterness or you are just a complete moron.

Now, that's just not true!

He could easily be both.

Count_Lothian
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Now, that's just not true!

He could easily be both.

but not this guy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorgFtCqPEs

Grievous
Toronto star tweeted a quote from a Robin Williams movie that was in poor taste.

Toronto Star Slammed For 'Insensitive' Robin Williams Tweet

Seems the Westboro nuts are going to protest Robin Williams funeral for being a "fagpimp" because he cross-dressed in Mrs. Doubtfire.

Locutus
+3
Robin Williams sent caring video message to New Zealand woman with terminal cancer, fulfilling a wish on her bucket list

Friends of Vivian Waller, 21, reached out to Williams earlier this year to inform him of her desire to meet the actor. He responded with a short clip emailed to her family. It was yet another generous act for Williams, who has been dubbed the ‘comedic Mother Theresa.’ After being diagnosed with cancer in January, Waller created a bucket list that included meeting Williams.

video:

Robin Williams sent caring video message to New Zealand woman with terminal cancer, fulfilling a wish on her bucket list - NY Daily News

B00Mer
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Grievous View Post

Toronto star tweeted a quote from a Robin Williams movie that was in poor taste.

What's the problem with the Toronto Star, they have become total jerks..

Interesting how kind they were when this loser killed himself by OD.

I think they just hate Americans... period.

El Barto
+1 / -2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

What's the problem with the Toronto Star, they have become total jerks..

Interesting how kind they were when this loser killed himself by OD.

I think they just hate Americans... period.

Actually should look in the mirror , wait on second thought you are too myopic for that

B00Mer
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by El Barto View Post

Actually should look in the mirror , wait on second thought you are too myopic for that

You really are a sorry idiot.. drug abuse is a horrible problem. However, I think despite depression, it's more about willpower and personal strengths.

Many people can overcome both, sometimes with a change of air or environment.

You should try it..

El Barto
+1

You really are a sorry idiot.. drug abuse is a horrible problem. However, I think despite depression, it's more about willpower and personal strengths.

Many people can overcome both, sometimes with a change of air or environment.

You should try it..

You called him a loser , sorry idiot would really be you.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by El Barto View Post

You called him a loser, sorry idiot would really be you.

EH? I'm not the one dead from an over dose.

..and sorry you're not an idiot, you're just misguided, misinformed. Have you ever been addicted to drugs, or alcohol, or having to take anti-depression pills?

El Barto
+2

EH? I'm not the one dead from an over dose.

..and sorry you're not an idiot, you're just misguided, misinformed. Have you ever been addicted to drugs, or alcohol, or having to take anti-depression pills?

ah yes posting pictures and videos makes you a genius

SLM
+3
Not that I expect it would make much of a difference, everybody and his freaking dog has already taken their turn pissing all over this fukking thread, but perhaps the two of you could find somewhere else to be all schoolyard with one another. Some of us actually give a damn that this man is dead.

Locutus
+1

Not that I expect it would make much of a difference, everybody and his freaking dog has already taken their turn pissing all over this fukking thread, but perhaps the two of you could find somewhere else to be all schoolyard with one another. Some of us actually give a damn that this man is dead.

I've suggested that once to barty to cease with his obsessive little troll-stalking spat with boomer but if he can't learn the easy way now, he'll learn the hard way...no loss for us...they feed off each other after the trolling begins and then there's no end to it...but no sweat to me to put an end to it for either of them...I'm sick of seeing it anywhere as others must be too.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

I've suggested that once to barty to cease with his obsessive little troll-stalking spat with boomer but if he can't learn the easy way now, he'll learn the hard way...no loss for us...they feed off each other after the trolling begins and then there's no end to it...but no sweat to me to put an end to it for either of them...I'm sick of seeing it anywhere as others must be too.

You know, sometimes I'm reluctant to say anything in these cases. I mean I'm not exactly known for keeping my own mouth shut either. But I'd like to think I try to be aware of just how much of an interruption and an irritation it can cause for others who may actually have an interest in the thread topic and hence I don't go overboard with it.

Locutus
+1

You know, sometimes I'm reluctant to say anything in these cases. I mean I'm not exactly known for keeping my own mouth shut either. But I'd like to think I try to be aware of just how much of an interruption and an irritation it can cause for others who may actually have an interest in the thread topic and hence I don't go overboard with it.

It's when, good posters like you, notice and feel compelled to speak, that their absurdity and that of other nitpickers is dragged out of the gutter for all to see.

anyway, let's change the subject...I've got some good tinfoil hat and trailer park stuff up top...let's go see.

gore0bsessed
Quote: Originally Posted by Grievous View Post

Seems the Westboro nuts are going to protest Robin Williams funeral for being a "fagpimp" because he cross-dressed in Mrs. Doubtfire.

LOL. These idiots really beg for attention.

El Barto
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Just do what you have to

spaminator
Robin Williams 'flashed, humped, bumped, grabbed (me) but it was so much fun': Pam Dawber
WENN - World Entertainment News Network
More from WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Published:
March 21, 2018
Updated:
March 21, 2018 7:49 PM EDT
Robin Williams and Pam Dawber in "Mork & Mindy."
Mork & Mindy star Pam Dawber has stunned fans of her late castmate Robin Williams by revealing he regularly groped her on set.
I had the grossest things done to me by him and I never took offence.
Pam Dawber
The actress claims naughty Robin also flashed her, but insists she never took offence and loved working with the comedian.
In Daily Mail excerpts from New York Times journalist Dave Itzkoff’s new biography, the 66-year-old says, “I had the grossest things done to me by him (Williams) and I never took offence. I mean, I was flashed, humped, bumped, grabbed. I think he probably did it to a lot of people… but it was so much fun.
“Somehow he had that magic. If you put it on paper you would be appalled. But somehow he had this guileless little thing that he would do — those sparkly eyes. He’d look at you, really playful, like a puppy, all of a sudden. And then he’d grab your t–s and then run away. And somehow he could get away with it. It was the ’70s, after all.”
Amid all the allegations hitting Hollywood stars, filmmakers and executives following last year’s Harvey Weinstein sexual misconduct scandal, Dawber insists she will never consider her Mork & Mindy co-star a predator or a harasser.
“I really loved Robin and Robin really loved me,” she explains. “We just clicked.”
Meanwhile, Howard Storm, who directed Mork & Mindy, is quoted in Itzkoff’s book as saying Williams’ bad behaviour was “just Robin being Robin.”
“He’d be doing a paragraph and in the middle of it he would just turn and grab her (Dawber’s) ass. Or grab a breast. And we’d start again. I’d say, ‘Robin, there’s nothing in the script that says you grab Pam’s ass.’”
Pam Dawber says Robin Williams groped her on the set of Mork & Mindy | Daily Mail Online
http://panmacmillan.com/authors/dave-itzkoff/robin
Robin Williams ‘flashed, humped, bumped, grabbed (me) but it was so much fun’: Pam Dawber | Toronto Sun