Oscars are dying

Hoid
+2
Who even watches television?

Over 100 million watched the Superbowl and according to you the NFL is also dying

Corduroy
+2
The ignorant masses just don't understand the timeless love between a woman and a fish.

Walter
+1
Oscars Ratings Crash and Burn, Again

Decapoda
+4
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Over 100 million watched the Superbowl and according to you the NFL is also dying

So what are you saying? No one is watching television, or lots are watching television?

...Or both??

Lol..you've managed to out maneuver yourself. Victory, finally...and defeat, again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

The ignorant masses just don't understand the timeless love between a woman and a fish.

Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah did a better job, but the special effects weren't nearly as good.

DaSleeper
+1
If you want politics....you watch CNN or Fox
If you watch the Oscars you don't want politics unless you're a progtard snowflake.....

Cannuck
+1 / -1
Poor Wally. He thinks that, because TV is important to him, it must be important to everybody. He just can't seem to wrap his little pea brain around the simple reality that TV is dying

https://www.marketingcharts.com/featured-24817

Durry
+2
When an organization starts to push to do things to be politically correct as opposed to focusing strictly on maintaining quality, the organization will suffer.
That's what is happening here.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

When an organization starts to push to do things to be politically correct as opposed to focusing strictly on maintaining quality, the organization will suffer.
That's what is happening here.

Don't be an idiot. The entertainment industry hasnt been about quality in my lifetime, if ever

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Don't be an idiot. The entertainment industry hasnt been about quality in my lifetime, if ever

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EZ3k10Hpp4

Cannuck
http://youtu.be/m_wFEB4Oxlo

Quit while you're behind Wally

Hoid
The Oscars are dying in the same sense that the NFL is dying: they do not validate the racist views of old white men.

Fortunately it is the old white who are doing the dying.

Walter
Hollywood’s Oscars Night Tanks as NRA Membership Skyrockets

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Exactly. Ratings crashes never surprise me. Traditional cable/broadcasting tv is on its way out. I never had it and most people I know in my age group or younger haven’t either.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

If you want politics....you watch CNN or Fox
If you watch the Oscars you don't want politics unless you're a progtard snowflake.....

If you watch the Oscars by now you should expect it to have some politics. It’s been going on for decades.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Exactly. Ratings crashes never surprise me. Traditional cable/broadcasting tv is on its way out. I never had it and most people I know in my age group or younger haven’t either.

This would be evidenced by a gradual year over year decline of all TV ratings rather than a sharp drop in one particular program. The decline is happening but the Oscar's drop indicates the public is particularly uninterested in it.

I didn't watch. I really don't care. Barely saw any of the movies and its long boring speeches by boring people don't really interest me.

But maybe next year they will bring back Billy Crystal as host and it will pick up some.

Kreskin
+2
I haven't watched a newer movie in years. I couldn't pick most of Hollywood out of a police lineup.

Murphy
You are probably outside the demographic that Hollywood is shooting for.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

You are probably outside the demographic that Hollywood is shooting for.

How about you, Murphy? Are you a drooling moron with an IQ of 75?

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

How about you, Murphy? Are you a drooling moron with an IQ of 75?

Judging the quality of her posts with against yours , I would suggest you have no business commenting on someone’s IQ .

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Judging the quality of her posts with against yours , I would suggest you have no business commenting on someone’s IQ .

Clever riposte, pigs. Did you find time to post during a "spare" at school, today?

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Clever riposte, pigs. Did you find time to post during a "spare" at school, today?

Whoop I am impressed . So original . Meet me behind the barn atten o’clock . I’ll be there .

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I haven't watched a newer movie in years. I couldn't pick most of Hollywood out of a police lineup.

Me either.

Have not watched an Oscars show in years.

Johnnny

Whoop I am impressed . So original . Meet me behind the barn atten o’clock . I’ll be there .

I'll fight the winner

Curious Cdn

I'm sure that you say the same thing to a different guy every night.

Johnnny
I take that back.

I won't take the winner...

Highball
The ideas the liberal entertainers have is now growing old qith the American public. Why following a dying breed?

gaby28h
I absolutely agree. I found this great article on the reasons why:

https://myblogofblogs.com/academy-aw...not-surprised/

Worth the read!