Neil Diamond Announces Retirement From Touring After Parkinsonís Disease Diagnosis

Murphy
Sad, but Parkinson is nasty, and he's got to do what he's got to do.

Neil Diamond Announces Retirement From Touring After Parkinsonís Disease Diagnosis

Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Neil Diamond today announced his retirement from touring due to his recent diagnosis of Parkinsonís disease. Based on his doctorsí advice, the third leg of Diamondís 50th Anniversary tour, scheduled for Australia and New Zealand in March, has been cancelled.

Diamond said in a statement that he plans to continue writing and recording. He will turn 77 on Jan. 24 and four days later will be honored at the Grammy Awards when the Recording Academy presents him with its Lifetime Achievement Award.

ďIt is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring,Ē he said. ďI have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years. My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows.

ďI plan to remain active in writing, recording and other projects for a long time to come.

The rest here.

Neil Diamond Retirest From Touring After Parkinson

Thank you for the music!

[youtube]0dcbw4IEY5w[/youtube]

Walter
He’s always been one of my faves.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Mine too. My first 45 I ever bought as a teenager was Desiree. And Sweet Caroline is an absolute classic. So many other great tunes too.

bill barilko
Quote:

Diamond said in a statement that he plans to continue writing and recording

Why?

He hasn't done anything worth listening to in 40 years and never will again.

Him, Emmylou Harris, Paul McCartney, and a dozen others should have given it up decades ago they embarrass themselves daily with naked greed and senility.

Danbones
yes more rap music please

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#6  Top Rated Post
The stuff he writes would be infinitely better than any of the crap currently on the radio. Not that anybody will listen to his stuff anymore. Too busy eating Tide Pods.

Danbones
Brainwashing for the gut brain

keeps the toilet clean too.

HaHa, for people who are as deep as tide pools.