US teacher who screened sexually explicit horror film jailed

tay
I've never heard of the ABCs of Death But 90 days in jail for showing it.............?

Substitute Spanish teacher Sheila Kearns, jailed for 90 days, claimed that she wasn’t aware of graphic content in The ABCs of Death, which includes ultraviolence, masturbation and drug use

The ABCs of Death consists of 26 “chapters,” one for each letter of the alphabet, and each depicting a various form of a grisly death. For example, “D is for Dogfight.”

Perryman said her discussion with Kearns focused on “L Is for Libido,” which depicts several rounds of a masturbation contest in which each loser is impaled on a spike that rises from beneath his chair and the winner ultimately is killed with a chain saw.

She was convicted of “disseminating matter harmful to juveniles”, and sentenced to three years probation as well as her jail time.

more

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/mar/06/us-teacher-sexually-explicit-horror-film-jailed-the-abcs-of-death

and

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/01/14/jurors-watch-disgusting-video.html

Sal
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Quote:

Substitute Spanish teacher Sheila Kearns, jailed for 90 days, claimed that she wasn’t aware of graphic content in The ABCs of Death, which includes ultraviolence, masturbation and drug use

then she's an idiot and shouldn't be running a classroom

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Sounds to me a lifetime teaching ban would have been a better punishment. Not sure how jailtime will help her.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Sounds to me a lifetime teaching ban would have been a better punishment. Not sure how jailtime will help her.

agreed, although I doubt anyone would ever hire her again...

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

agreed, although I doubt anyone would ever hire her again...

Yes. Her teaching career was over with any sentence.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Yes. Her teaching career was over with any sentence.

yes every year they have to sign off that they have no criminal record...even I have to do that

SLM
+1
So she showed this film on five occasions and didn't once look at the screen to see what was happening? She is either the stupidest teacher on record or the worst liar I've heard in my life. Maybe even both.

Meanwhile, just fire her stupid *** and leave the jail cell for someone who's dangerous.

Nuggler
Certainly gives ammo for them what don't care for kneeegrows.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

So she showed this film on five occasions and didn't once look at the screen to see what was happening? She is either the stupidest teacher on record or the worst liar I've heard in my life. Maybe even both.

Meanwhile, just fire her stupid *** and leave the jail cell for someone who's dangerous.

correct and she apologized... *sniff*

SLM

correct and she apologized... *sniff*

Oh well, if she's sorry for being stupid......

LMAO

Sal
+1

Oh well, if she's sorry for being stupid......

LMAO

how does someone that stupid actually end up living that long, Darwin should have won out long ago

but she's sorry and knows she is reaping what she sowed

SLM

how does someone that stupid actually end up living that long, Darwin should have won out long ago

I blame medical science.

Quote:

but she's sorry and knows she is reaping what she sowed

Well everyone is sorry when they get punished aren't they?

Sal
+1

I blame medical science.

Well everyone is sorry when they get punished aren't they?

yes, getting caught is a b*tch, and it worked four other times

spaminator
+1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yarxyRdovVQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_pMCrwCncY

Sal
falls on the floor, lmfao..............so within the first MINUTE and a half a kids head has been knocked off by a ball

yeah it's a mystery to me too that this will be super violent...and the freaky music isn't alarming at all either, it will be just the thing to entertain the kids.

gore0bsessed
+1
libido was quite a disturbing one. dogfight was probably the best one. it's on netflix if you have it.
the teacher should be fired as it's ridiculous to show this movie in a high school, who the **** knows what she was thinking, but 90 days in prison is just as ridiculous..