Elizabeth May accused of bullying; Green Party says allegations come from 'disgruntle

spaminator
Elizabeth May accused of bullying; Green Party says allegations come from 'disgruntled former staff'
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
January 27, 2018
Updated:
January 27, 2018 5:12 PM EST
Green Party Leader Elizabeth May. (Jack Boland/Postmedia Network File Photo)
The Green Party says it is “firmly behind” leader Elizabeth May in spite of recent allegations that she bullied and berated former staff.
The allegations, published in the Toronto Star on Saturday, come from three former employees who allege May created a hostile work environment by yelling at and insulting employees.
In a statement issued hours after the Star story was published, the party framed the allegations as coming from “disgruntled former staff.”
The party says May is being “held to a different standard than her male counterparts” because she is a woman and described her as a “strong and forthright leader who expresses herself clearly and with passion.”
The party says that if May were a man, she would be admired for those traits.
But the employees say May behaved inappropriately and should be punished.
One of the former staffers told the Star that May requested her office be repainted and “threw a fit” when she came back to the office before it was done.
In an interview with the Star, May said that she had been gone on a work trip and when she returned, her office — which was bright red — was the only room in the workspace that hadn’t been repainted.
“It is extremely unlikely that a decade-old anecdote about a man’s frustration with his office paint job would merit national news,” the party said in its statement.
Elizabeth May accused of bullying; Green Party says allegations come from ‘disgruntled former staff’ | Toronto Sun

Danbones
Free Thinker
Cliffy was saying he wished the world was run by bitches

#122Re: BREAKING: Ontario PC Leader Slammed With Sexual Misconduct Allegations3 hours ago
When I look at politics, I think my friend was right. Women should run the world: politics and business, and men should be nothing more than transient breeding stock.
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...67#post2576067

Well there: SCREW THE VOTERS!!!

Observe them bitching.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Did she grab any of them by the tree bark?

mentalfloss
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Was she drunk this time?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
"The party says that if May were a man, she would be admired for those traits."

If she were a man, it would be unlikely that she would be leader of The Green Party

spaminator
Green Party of Canada launches investigation into workplace bullying claims against Elizabeth May
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
January 29, 2018
Updated:
January 29, 2018 9:15 PM EST
Green Party Leader Elizabeth May leaves the stage after making an announcement at the National Press Theatre, in Ottawa on Monday, August 22, 2016.Justin Tang / THE CANADIAN PRESS
OTTAWA — Green Party Leader Elizabeth May says she asked for an independent investigation into allegations she harassed and verbally abused former staff in a bid to prove that she’s done nothing wrong.
The Green party on Monday hired Toronto lawyer Sheila Block to undertake the investigation after three former staff told The Toronto Star and The Hill Times that May was a bully.
Read the Green Party of Canada’s initial statement here
The allegations come from a former interim party executive director, former director of finance and a former organizer, who complained that at various times May yelled at them, wrote disparaging comments about them in emails, cursed at them in conference calls or belittled them in front of others.
May said she is absolutely not a bully and has in fact fought against bullying. She conceded she’s not perfect and has bad days but, when she has lost her temper, she has apologized right away.
“These three individuals have created a caricature of me that bears no resemblance to reality,” May said outside the House of Commons on Monday.
“I look forward to this (investigation) as a chance to tell someone independent what happened, let them judge for themselves and they’ll tell you. I don’t want to be standing in front of a microphone and talking about individuals and whether or not I remembered to bring them flowers.”
May, who has led the Greens for 11 years, said while she feels confident she has the overwhelming support of the party — she was endorsed by 94 per cent of party members at the last leadership review in 2016 — she is aware there are some who don’t like her or her leadership.
Sour grapes are unfortunately common with staff who were not retained for performance reasons.
Green Party of Canada statement
She suggested the complaints are coming from the disgruntled who want someone else to lead the party.
The investigation is expected to take two to four weeks and the findings will be made public.
May said Block will determine who will be interviewed and when but, in her only conversation with Block thus far, the lawyer indicated she would interview the complainants first before coming back to May.
May said the party didn’t want to do an independent investigation but she felt it’s the only way to put the allegations to rest.
“The reality is I’m only human, I make mistakes and I apologize. This caricature of sort of a toxic, bully predator of people is so far removed from how I am in life to people that it just needs to be dealt with by someone other than me. You have to have an independent verification,” she said.
“I think this will put this matter to bed.”
Elizabeth May accused of bullying; Green Party says allegations come from ‘disgruntled former staff’
http://greenparty.ca/en/media-releas...claims-against
http://greenparty.ca/en/media-releas...-elizabeth-may
Elizabeth May accused of bullying; Green Party says allegations come from ‘disgruntled former staff’ | Toronto Sun
Green Party of Canada launches investigation into workplace bullying claims against Elizabeth May | Toronto Sun

Hoof Hearted
+1
So May is a loud-mouthed pig. And this is somehow news to people?

Danbones
Free Thinker
...who has employees who deserve to be yelled at for being petty beatches.