Donald Trump just cemented his legacy as America’s worst-ever president

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I can tell that this entire issue has you extremely upset. Likely seething with rage

... Don't let it get to you muffin, in a year or 2 there will be another Accord that has no teeth and is entirely unenforceable

The way things are headed there will be plenty of jobs reinstalling the sky!

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Withdrawing from the Paris deal takes four years. Our next president could join again in 30 days.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...in-in-30-days/

Yes I know that the agreement says we can't... what makes it hilarious is that Trump did it in one day! That sovereignty thing is a real kick in the nads for the globalist.

We're already out!

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Withdrawing from the Paris deal takes four years. Our next president could join again in 30 days.

The President of Canada?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

I can tell that this entire issue has you extremely upset. Likely seething with rage

Who wouldn't be upset and enraged being anchored to the f**king news 24/7 not to mention believing every morsel w/o question?
What kind of life is that?

Walter

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...in-in-30-days/

By 2024 it'll be ancient history.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

By 2024 it'll be ancient history.

And Trump will be laughing!

EagleSmack
+1
So true.

If we don't talk about Climate Change it will all go away.

*snicker*

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

EagleSmack
We're out!

Lead the way Canada!

*snicker*

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The President of Canada?

I'm Canadian but I identify as American.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

I'm Canadian but I identify as American.

That entitled, eh?

mentalfloss
Someone's gotta make them feel good.

Also, that was the title of the article, not my words.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

I read your citation...the rest is just setting the facts straight.
.................................................. .................
If everyone fulfilled the total requirements listed in Paris it would lead to about a .08 degree F decrease in temp.
LOL
.08 Degrees F is less then the margin of error.

Doesn't matter. Green energy is now the largest job creator. Whether global warming is true or not is irrelevant, because the world has discovered a better and cheaper way to produce electricity.

... Don't let it get to you muffin, in a year or 2 there will be another Accord that has no teeth and is entirely unenforceable

Still don't get it do you? Green energy is the wave of the future. Fossil fuels are on their way our whether you like it or not.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Doesn't matter. Green energy is now the largest job creator. Whether global warming is true or not is irrelevant, because the world has discovered a better and cheaper way to produce electricity.

Still don't get it do you? Green energy is the wave of the future. Fossil fuels are on their way our whether you like it or not.

Yuppers we are getting lots more of that clean green electricity here in B.C. with site C . Well maybe we are , it appears the green party are against clean green electricity and are opposing Site C .
Greens opposing clean green electricity , Ironic isn't it ?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yuppers we are getting lots more of that clean green electricity here in B.C. with site C . Well maybe we are , it appears the green party are against clean green electricity and are opposing Site C .
Greens opposing clean green electricity , Ironic isn't it ?

Nothing you posted refutes my point. BC, just in case you don't realize it, represents only a tiny fraction of the earth's population.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+2

Green energy still has a long way to go and it's extremely expensive which is why it's totally a scam right now. There are those who are lining their pockets at our expense. Green energy will, eventually, be available but not in the near future - we simply can't afford it. Fossil fuels will still be required for some time yet so we still need to get it out of the ground and besides, the so-called green energy requires the use of fossil fuels to generate electricity when backup is required which, right now, is often.

Common sense tells me that the so-called "push" for green energy at this moment in time has nothing to do with being efficient nor about climate change, it's about money and nothing else. It is also about control aka the UN and globalists. We should be wary about the intention of those who would impose their rules on us without our consent.

Besides, how do you fly planes with green energy? Won't get me on one for sure LOL

JMHO

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Besides, how do you fly planes with green energy? Won't get me on one for sure LOL

JMHO

Pretty much what people said about jets in the 50s. Or about planes generally in the 20s.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Depends on where they manufacture the elastic bands.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+2

Green energy still has a long way to go and it's extremely expensive which is why it's totally a scam right now.
Common sense tells me that the so-called "push" for green energy at this moment in time has nothing to do with being efficient nor about climate change, it's about money and nothing else. It is also about control aka the UN and globalists. We should be wary about the intention of those who would impose their rules on us without our consent.

JMHO

Actually the belief that green energy is more expensive than fossil fuels is just that, a belief. Electricity can now be produced more cheaply with green energy than with fossil fuels and is getting cheaper as the tech continues to improve.

Solar and wind power cheaper than fossil fuels for the first time | The Independent

And green energy has nothing to do with the UN or globalists (whoever they are). Right now the biggest pushers of green energy in the US are all private companies run by people like Elon Musk (look him up).

You are right about the money aspect, but that is connected not to green energy, but to oil and cola companies which are trying to protect their turf. That is now getting harder and harder to do a the cost of green tech continues to decline.

As for aircraft, no one has claimed that commercial aircraft would be outfitted with electric motors, but I would not bet against it. Ten years ago electrically powered drones did not exist. But the engine technology has improved so dramatically that now they are everywhere.

Currently fossil fuel has one big advantage, and that is that that it is the existing tech due to the fact that it has been built up over the last 150 years. It is a phenomenon known as technological inertia. Existing tech always hangs around until the new tech shows that it is clearly superior. A few examples that illustrate this are the gradual change from steam locomotives to diesel locomotives. The change took decades. Another was the replacement of gas and oil lighting with electrical lighting. And one of the best was the introduction of the internal combustion engine. All of these new technologies took decades to replace the existing tech. Green energy with be the same. Even with full support form government green energy systems can only be introduced at a certain speed. I will say that I am quite amazed by how fast green energy is progressing, however. I thought it would take much longer before it passed fossil fuels in efficiency, but it is already there.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1

Actually the belief that green energy is more expensive than fossil fuels is just that, a belief. Electricity can now be produced more cheaply with green energy than with fossil fuels and is getting cheaper as the tech continues to improve.

Solar and wind power cheaper than fossil fuels for the first time | The Independent

And green energy has nothing to do with the UN or globalists (whoever they are). Right now the biggest pushers of green energy in the US are all private companies run by people like Elon Musk (look him up).

You are right about the money aspect, but that is connected not to green energy, but to oil and cola companies which are trying to protect their turf. That is now getting harder and harder to do a the cost of green tech continues to decline.

As for aircraft, no one has claimed that commercial aircraft would be outfitted with electric motors, but I would not bet against it. Ten years ago electrically powered drones did not exist. But the engine technology has improved so dramatically that now they are everywhere.

Currently fossil fuel has one big advantage, and that is that that it is the existing tech due to the fact that it has been built up over the last 150 years. It is a phenomenon known as technological inertia. Existing tech always hangs around until the new tech shows that it is clearly superior. A few examples that illustrate this are the gradual change from steam locomotives to diesel locomotives. The change took decades. Another was the replacement of gas and oil lighting with electrical lighting. And one of the best was the introduction of the internal combustion engine. All of these new technologies took decades to replace the existing tech. Green energy with be the same. Even with full support form government green energy systems can only be introduced at a certain speed. I will say that I am quite amazed by how fast green energy is progressing, however. I thought it would take much longer before it passed fossil fuels in efficiency, but it is already there.

I would challenge you (and whomever wrote the article) tat green energy is cheaper - not if our governments have anything to say a about it! Take Ontario, or example - please, take it LOL

When governments make hugely expensive decisions, guess who pays? Another example is natural gas - it's relatively cheap but by the time a person gets their bill, the actual consumption may be, as an example $20 but the bill is $80+ because of all the add-ons and taxes. Green energy may, EVENTUALLY, be cheaper to produce but trust me, we'll pay through the nose for it because us peons need to line someone else's pocket!

Just sayin'

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
I can't bring myself to hear Trump talk anymore. His next-level idiocy and dishonesty are exhausting. - Andy Borowitz

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+3

I would challenge you (and whomever wrote the article) tat green energy is cheaper - not if our governments have anything to say a about it! Take Ontario, or example - please, take it LOL

When governments make hugely expensive decisions, guess who pays? Another example is natural gas - it's relatively cheap but by the time a person gets their bill, the actual consumption may be, as an example $20 but the bill is $80+ because of all the add-ons and taxes. Green energy may, EVENTUALLY, be cheaper to produce but trust me, we'll pay through the nose for it because us peons need to line someone else's pocket!

Just sayin'

Ontario is a poor example. The world leaders in green tech are European nations like Denmark, which sells its wind generators worldwide. And as I mentioned most of the large green energy projects in the US are now being driven by private companies, not government. In Alberta electricity costs have actually gone down even as coal-fired power plants are being phased out. Right now the most expensive decision governments could make would not be to get on board with green tech. There is a huge opportunity for jobs, research, and manufacturing in bringing in the new technology. Those who ignore the trends will be left playing catch-up.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I can't bring myself to hear Trump talk anymore. His next-level idiocy and dishonesty are exhausting. - Andy Borowitz

I see you still hold other peoples opinions in higher regard then your own .

Ontario is a poor example. The world leaders in green tech are European nations like Denmark, which sells its wind generators worldwide. And as I mentioned most of the large green energy projects in the US are now being driven by private companies, not government. In Alberta electricity costs have actually gone down even as coal-fired power plants are being phased out. Right now the most expensive decision governments could make would not be to get on board with green tech. There is a huge opportunity for jobs, research, and manufacturing in bringing in the new technology. Those who ignore the trends will be left playing catch-up.

Make sure you get in on the ground floor , I hear stock in Solandra is going cheap .

IdRatherBeSkiing

I am all for private speculation and private green energy initiatives. Once it becomes cheaper than the 'carbon' alternatives, it will take off. Until then, I don't really like the idea of corporate welfare or subsidies specifically because the technology is 'green'.

Also, a lot of the so called green technologies are really not so green when you look at their entire footprint. Electric cars for example are not vary green when you take into account the manufacture and disposal of that big battery.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

I can't stop laughing.

This is the dumbest thing any leader has done in global history.

Americas - US cities, states to honour Paris climate accord despite Trump's withdrawal - France 24.

Look at if from a different point of view. Would cities have given so much efforts if Trump had not pulled out. Looks like a win win.

And even more win now that China has taken a initiative to step up its game. Nature works in mysterious ways

Love or hate Trump. He has changed the dynamics of the world in a positive way. Sometimes yin needs a yang to achieve perfect dynamics

mentalfloss
They haven't changed so it's actually a lose lose for Trump.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Trump's just a little bit of fatherly love . Its called tough love

They haven't changed so it's actually a lose lose for Trump.

I saw a video on face book this morning saying China is stepping up their game in the wake of Trump leaving

Must be more fake news from the left.

Justine Trudeau is going to step up his game in military spending. Wtf??? Wow Trump is really having more influence on the world then any other president ever.

mentalfloss
There's no toughness.

They're all still doing the same shit they were before and Trump can't actually exit until after the next election.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Good old tough love

mentalfloss
+1
There's no toughness

He's simply an idiot lol