Donald Trump just cemented his legacy as America’s worst-ever president

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Utter nonsense. Green energy in Canada and the US created far more jobs in the last decade than oil and coal. Get with the program. Someone has to built all those wind and solar generators.
Green energy sector jobs surpass total oil sands employment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle21859169/

Solar Employs More People Than Oil, Coal, And Gas Combined In The US

Solar Employs More People Than Oil, Coal, And Gas Combined In The US | IFLScience

friken Bar and his fake BULLSHevick news
LOL

Your stupid citation left out all the people in fossil fuel - it says approx 180,000 employed in fossil fuels, but the reality is:

"The Fossil Fuel Industry May Not Help the Planet, But It Employs Millions

Even using those restricted criteria, the fossil fuel business employed over 2 million people in America alone"
http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Ge...-Millions.html

solyndra
...while more senior creditors, including the Department of Energy, which provided a $ 535 million loan guarantee to Solyndra, will receive nearly nothing...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyndra
Thanks oh bomber!

Lets look at a green economy shall we:
https://tradingeconomics.com/spain/y...mployment-rate
between 46% some odd and 39% some odd percent unemployment amongst youth

all living at home with mommy and daddy
Last edited by Danbones; Jun 5th, 2017 at 03:20 AM..

mentalfloss
+1 / -1

Utter nonsense. Green energy in Canada and the US created far more jobs in the last decade than oil and coal. Get with the program. Someone has to built all those wind and solar generators.
Green energy sector jobs surpass total oil sands employment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle21859169/

Solar Employs More People Than Oil, Coal, And Gas Combined In The US

Solar Employs More People Than Oil, Coal, And Gas Combined In The US | IFLScience

Good stuff.

The US be fukked.

mentalfloss
+1 / -1
U.S. governors, mayors defend Paris accord after Trump’s rejection
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...service=mobile

Walter
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

U.S. governors, mayors defend Paris accord after Trump’s rejection
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...service=mobile

All Dems, therefore who cares.

petros
+2
Obama pulling out of Iraq created a vacuum filled by ISIS.

They should have stayed.

mentalfloss
Debunking the conbot myth.

Is the Paris Accord Unfair to America?

We all know one way to divide a pie: give everyone an equal slice. For the atmosphere, that would mean calculating what quantity of greenhouse gases the world as a whole can safely emit up to a given date, and dividing that by the current population of the world. That yields everyone’s per capita share of the atmosphere’s capacity to absorb our greenhouse gases, up to the selected date.

But the world is divided into sovereign states, not individuals, and there is no way to assess each individual’s greenhouse-gas emissions. So we need to move to allocations for each country. To do this consistently with “equal shares,” we need to multiply the per capita share by the country’s population to reach its emissions quota.

By this standard, was the Paris accord unfair to the US? Hardly. The US currently has less than 5% of the world’s population, but emits nearly 15% of the world’s greenhouse gases. If fairness means that everyone’s slice of pie should be the same size, it is the US that is being unfair, by grabbing a slice that is three times bigger than it should have.

A different principle of fairness arises if we consider greenhouse gases as pollution, and apply the principle that whoever caused the pollution should pay to clean it up. The reason that climate change is a problem now is that over the past two centuries, some countries have been putting large amounts of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

No country has emitted more greenhouse gases over this period than the US. That is a reason to require the US to make deeper cuts now than other countries must make, especially given that the US is continuing to emit greenhouse gases at a much higher per capita rate than other large emitters, such as China and India. If the older industrialized countries caused the problem, it seems reasonable to ask them to do the most to fix it.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...singer-2017-06

EagleSmack
+1
Nah.

WE'RE OUT!

petros
+1
What Accord? It has no power. It's not law.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Nah.

WE'RE OUT!

You do realize it takes 4 years right?

Right?

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What Accord? It has no power. It's not law.

Doesn't need to be.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Obama pulling out of Iraq created a vacuum filled by ISIS.

They should have stayed.

No ISIS was not created by any vaccuum they were created by American tax dollars and gifts of weapons and training distributed by among others Americans with the assigned purpose of doing exactly what they are doing, murder and mayhem. These are western implaneted mercenary armies under the control and command of western powers. Any other explanation is baseless.

I'll also add that Obama did not pull out of Iraq, it just changed the weaponized lineup.

mentalfloss
Isis lol

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

LOL

Your stupid citation left out all the people in fossil fuel - it says approx 180,000 employed in fossil fuels, but the reality is:

Even using those restricted criteria, the fossil fuel business employed over 2 million people in America alone"
The Fossil Fuel Industry May Not Help the Planet, But It Employs Millions | OilPrice.com

solyndra
...while more senior creditors, including the Department of Energy, which provided a $ 535 million loan guarantee to Solyndra, will receive nearly nothing...
Thanks oh bomber!

Living in close proximity to ones parents was once the powerfull constructive norm, and it will be again, families who stick together will become strong and survive trying to replicate the ideal boomer lifestyle in these hard economic times is suicide.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Living in close proximity to ones parents was once the powerfull constructive norm, and it will be again, families who stick together will become strong and survive trying to replicate the ideal boomer lifestyle in these hard economic times is suicide.

Boomers will die alone and lonely.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

We all know one way to divide a pie: give everyone an equal slice.

... But not when it comes to taxes, right?

For the atmosphere, that would mean calculating what quantity of greenhouse gases the world as a whole can safely emit up to a given date, and dividing that by the current population of the world. That yields everyone’s per capita share of the atmosphere’s capacity to absorb our greenhouse gases, up to the selected date.

I prefer that it be calculated based on the actual area of a nation... That metric is just as fair as basing in on a per capita basis.

Sadly, places like Europe that have large populations packed into small areas won't see their specific bennie, therefore, there is pressure calculate it on some other metric.

That's all well and fine, but i figure that I'll measure my obligation based on actual area.

Right?

Kinda like a trial separation; during the trial, you can go out and shack-up with all kinds of floosies with the full knowledge that ya won't be going back to the old crone once the trial is over.

You get the picture?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

LOL

The Fossil Fuel Industry May Not Help the Planet, But It Employs Millions | OilPrice.com

solyndra
Thanks oh bomber!

Read the post, Bonehead. I'm talking about new jobs. I's sure there were thousands of jobs for stagecoach drivers at one time, but they were replaced by drivers of motor vehicles. Fossil fuels are facing the same sad end. Millions of jobs now, but decreasing every year. All you have to do is look at the coal industry in the US and Canada to understand that.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

All Dems, therefore who cares.

Dems care, ya twit. You can hang out here all day handing out reds for every post you disagree with but all you are proving to everybody is that you are senile old fart who can't move forward and who is so brainwashed by republican BS that you can't think logically. Take a Valium.

Murphy
Conservative
+1
That's funny. I was thinking the same thing about you. Your medication is terribly out of balance.

Have the doctor check your BP meds and your heart pills. Don't put it off.

petros
He fried his brain then got a Kenworth lobotomy to top it all off.

Maybe Cliff needs a valium?

Murphy
Conservative
There's no doubt that he is deeply disturbed. Often, it is a chemical imbalance.

petros
He is a liar who fakes a disability.

Murphy
Conservative
Sad, but Canada lets people get away with stuff like that. He should be institutionalized. They would straighten him out if his meds are the cause.

petros
Street drugs are his meds.

He thinks he is screwing banker overlords out of $920 a month and growing dope on the side.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Talk to your doctor to see if this medicine may help with symptoms of T.I.A.D.

[youtube]QXUlhT3-r0c[/youtube]

I see Muphy and Petroglyph should be taking Valium too for their delusional nightmares.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1

Read the post, Bonehead. I'm talking about new jobs. I's sure there were thousands of jobs for stagecoach drivers at one time, but they were replaced by drivers of motor vehicles. Fossil fuels are facing the same sad end. Millions of jobs now, but decreasing every year. All you have to do is look at the coal industry in the US and Canada to understand that.

I read your citation...the rest is just setting the facts straight.
.................................................. .................
If everyone fulfilled the total requirements listed in Paris it would lead to about a .08 degree F decrease in temp.
LOL
.08 Degrees F is less then the margin of error.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
As I heard on the radio this past weekend, the companies that supposedly "support" climate change actions are the ones who are leaving the countries involved, including Canada. Too funny!!

Actually, the coal industry might just be on the back-swing eventually (see Germany and other countries that are turning back to coal). If stupid Trudeau and his ilk would invest in Canada instead the 2.9 Billion they've promised to the corrupted UN (wonder whose pockets that'll go in but I digress), coal can be even greener than natural gas because they've already got technological processes that can "scrub" clean the burning of coal.

The process is currently expensive, but with investment in second generation technology, the price can come down and we not only can use the technology ourselves, along with NG, but sell it to places who use coal like China, India and the US. This would make the world a lot cleaner than any carbon tax would, but our politicians are too stupid the realize it firstly and secondly, it's all amount the money and nothing to do with climate change anyway so I wouldn't hold my breath.

JMHO

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Nope no new gas stations being built .

I guess you aren't aware of the expansion going on at Fording or the reopening of Tumbler Ridge . Have you ever seen the Roberts Bank coal port ? It is not slowing down and a lot of coal fits into those 150 car trains .

EagleSmack
+1

Right?

That's what they said... but we exited in one day!

Walter

They say a lot of thIngs.

mentalfloss

Withdrawing from the Paris deal takes four years. Our next president could join again in 30 days.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...in-in-30-days/

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

Withdrawing from the Paris deal takes four years. Our next president could join again in 30 days.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...in-in-30-days/

I can tell that this entire issue has you extremely upset. Likely seething with rage

... Don't let it get to you muffin, in a year or 2 there will be another Accord that has no teeth and is entirely unenforceable