Donald Trump just cemented his legacy as America’s worst-ever president

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
French President Emmanuel Macron Offers Refuge to American Climate Scientists
Robert Mackey

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/01/...te-scientists/

It's probably agood thing that americans don't give a damn about the isolationist actions of their dear leader ...........as the rest of the world will adjust and simply exclude america . America needs the rest of the nations MORE than the rest of the world needs America.........especially with the way it is now. under dear leader. Fascinating to observe the incredible stupidity going on.

mentalfloss
It's official: Trump has made the U.S. a global pariah - LA Times

petros
+4
#123  Top Rated Post
Bummer for everyone expecting money from the US.

Murphy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The US spends a lot of money around the world every day, in different ways. Aid, investments, military actions, private industry partnerships. How many countries have grown dependent on this?

I am not an economist, but I often wonder if the UN, NATO and smaller governments have grown too dependent on US aid. Is there a line that must be drawn which says, We'll help, but you have to make an effort here as well.

The flip side might be, who fills the void left by the withdrawal if the US? Russia? China? It's a giant chess board.

Danbones
Free Thinker
it would be nice if israel got their aid from the sauds

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

The US spends a lot of money around the world every day, in different ways. Aid, investments, military actions, private industry partnerships. How many countries have grown dependent on this?

I am not an economist, but I often wonder if the UN, NATO and smaller governments have grown too dependent on US aid. Is there a line that must be drawn which says, We'll help, but you have to make an effort here as well.

The flip side might be, who fills the void left by the withdrawal if the US? Russia? China? It's a giant chess board.

Too dependant and it's time the US focused on the US.

Murphy
Conservative
+2
I agree. It some respects it's like always having a rich uncle around to pay for things you want. At first, you appreciate it, but over time, you expect the uncle will continue to fork over the cash.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Yeah, cemented in people's minds who aren't as bright as he is and their vision is so bad they think the sky is falling!

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

it would be nice if israel got their aid from the sauds

We should be supporting Iran....

Murphy
Conservative
It would be nice if we could wipe the slate clean in the ME and start everything over.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

It would be nice if we could wipe the slate clean in the ME and start everything over.

It is NOT up to us to clean up the ME.......or any other place. Hasn't the U.S. created enough problems with it's stupid wars?? Just examine what the war in Iraq has done and is still doing ........and that is just one major stupidity there.

Clean it up with the usual bombs?? Isn't that what is happening and has been for many yrs now?? Look at the results...

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

It is NOT up to us to clean up the ME.......or any other place. Hasn't the U.S. created enough problems with it's stupid wars?? Just examine what the war in Iraq has done and is still doing ........and that is just one major stupidity there.

Clean it up with the usual bombs?? Isn't that what is happening and has been for many yrs now?? Look at the results...

I'm sure when he said "start over" he didn't mean carpet bombing....

He might have meant diplomatic avenues...

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Wow.

REALLY?

we got us a live one....

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

When I looked down the earth was still there as well .

well that's a relief.

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

When did the fighting start in the Middle east ? Was America discovered yet ?

mentalfloss

Nah, I don't feel sorry for Americans.

petros
+1
You are happy the "Green Fund" was axed?

Progress!

Good for you.

Murphy
Conservative

Actually, it is our responsibility. The violence that has spilled over the borders there is impacting the entire world. Bombs will enter into the equation. Given the intensity of the terrorists worldwide, the response will have to be heavy and absolute.

The question is not what must be done. The question is, when do we start?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

It would be kind of nice if people quit perpetuating these f**KIng misnomers.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

And there it is

I am vindicated yet again

June 3: United States’ withdrawal from the Paris accord? Irrelevant
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/opi...service=mobile

The US has contributed over $1 billion to the UN climate fund. Russia, China and India have contributed shit. Why the hell should the US, or any other country for that matter, intentionally hobble themselves so those three countries can continue doing whatever the f*ck they want?
Even in Canada the hypocrisy is glaring. Let's look at Notley and her tiff with BC. Alberta's Annual revenues from oil: approx $5 billion/yr. Estimated cost of the Trans Mountain pipeline: $7.4 billion. Listening to an envirotard whine about a pipeline being blocked: Friggin' priceless.
Oh but that's right, with carbon taxes and pricing in Canada those oil sands emissions now suddenly have no effect on our climate. As long as govts force us to pay tribute to their AGW gods, everything will be just fine.

mentalfloss
+1

You are happy the "Green Fund" was axed?

Progress!

Good for you.

Show me the receipts.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Show me the receipts.

Why would Pete have the receipts?

mentalfloss
That's kinda the point.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Whose and what criteria is being used to rate Trump as a president or is someone just blowing smoke out their ass?

petros

Show me the receipts.

For the cuts?

Smoking beets again?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Whose and what criteria is being used to rate Trump as a president or is someone just blowing smoke out their ass?

What criteria does Trump use as he condemns just about everyone that is not part of the Trump inner mob??

Mind you as TRUMP himself said: He can do just about anything outrageous and his supporters would not deseert him

almst fostering a fanatical following..???

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

What criteria does Trump use as he condemns just about everyone that is not part of the Trump inner mob??

Oranges and apples- Trump is merely expressing his own opinion, not taking it upon himself to interpret everyone else's opinion.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Unfortunately you're better world puts millions of Americans without a job living off their parents their whole life.

Not a great prospect for arround 36% of the American population.

And 36% is enough to elect a president who will care about them.

Utter nonsense. Green energy in Canada and the US created far more jobs in the last decade than oil and coal. Get with the program. Someone has to built all those wind and solar generators.
Green energy sector jobs surpass total oil sands employment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle21859169/

Solar Employs More People Than Oil, Coal, And Gas Combined In The US

Solar Employs More People Than Oil, Coal, And Gas Combined In The US | IFLScience

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

It would be kind of nice if people quit perpetuating these f**KIng misnomers.

They are self perpetuating by virtue of the american war actions. Look how Iraq introversion turned out. The REALITY IS that there is a LOT of world anger at theUS much of it centered in the ME. Except S. Arabia ..

Something America does not do enough of is some serious introspection and realize that it has some serious character flaws.Most of the civilized world realizes the importance of humility. America is too egotistical and arrogant for that ...

JLM
No Party Affiliation

They are self perpetuating by virtue of the american war actions. Look how Iraq introversion turned out. The REALITY IS that there is a LOT of world anger at theUS much of it centered in the ME. Except S. Arabia ..

Something America does not do enough of is some serious introspection and realize that it has some serious character flaws.Most of the civilized world realizes the importance of humility. America is too egotistical and arrogant for that ...

The problem lies with the insurgents, Al qaida and the Taliban much more than with the U.S.