So what does happen when you die?

herald
All you have to do is ask the Lord Jesus into your heart, and you will have eternal life.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by herald View Post

All you have to do is ask the Lord Jesus into your heart, and you will have eternal life.

It ain't as easy as just dropping names herald. IMO

herald

So you should go to www.ChristianBoard.com, and you will see the post, "Transformation."

Unforgiven

Oh Geez, the place is a mess right now. Could we maybe set up a play date or maybe meet at the pub down on the Danforth? My treat.

So you should go to www.ChristianBoard.com, and you will see the post, "Transformation."

Don't go changing to try and please me, I like you just the way you are.

herald
The Catholic Church doesn't tell you how to be born again: John 3.

Unforgiven

The Catholic Church doesn't tell you how to be born again: John 3.

Doesn't tell you how not to either.

Question, if God would have done it right the first time, would anyone have to go through all this born again rigamarole? Second question, what makes you think he got it right this time and you won't have to go through a while other born again, again situation?

petros
Quote:

Quote: Originally Posted by herald

If you are not born-again, you will perish in the lake of fire.

NEWSFLASH
Hell with it's rotting flesh and excement is a reference to the Jerusalem garbage dump.

I hear they are recycling these days. Maybe you'll have to spend eternity picking pop bottles and plastic bags for a penny a kg.

herald
All you have to do is ask the Lord Jesus into your heart.

petros

All you have to do is ask the Lord Jesus into your heart.

Then I won't have to recycle anymore?

****in' eh!

JLM

There should be a law against you f.......g whackos - we were taught that Christ wasn't into bribery or extortion.

darkbeaver
The Fast Redemption Drive Through Chappel and Liquor Store. Make mine a small Lake O Fire Fries a Jumbo Jesus Cheese Burger and a Blood of The Lamb Cola. Please tickle the plate on the way out, see you next sunday. Millions of godly pretenders served every day, Grease is God.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

There should be a law against you f.......g whackos - we were taught that Christ wasn't into bribery or extortion.

Don't blame them for Cracker Jack box Pastors who can only read a Bible and can't explain what it means. We didn't have this problem before the US 501c3 and Canadian tax free exemptions

Rev. Jim

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

This lake of fire?

]

Or maybe this one?

I mean either way they look nice so how bad could it be? You have to go some time and I imagine there could be worse ways to go than having fun at a nice lake.

This looks like the Duncan Lake reservoir. Could it be?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3614/...4aae67eabb.jpg is the source

Unforgiven

Hey you know you're right! I used to head up that way, Duncan, Chemainus beautiful country that.
It's Fire Lake in Ponta Delgado in the Azores.

Pretty close with Duncan dam though.

ansutherland
I don't know if I am to take a lot of this seriously or not......are you spiritualists just playing with us? You take a legitimate science (quantum physics), which none of you understand in the least (I don't either, but at least I am not applying what I do not understand to explain my own personal beliefs) and use it in ways which science is ill equipped to venture into. While we are at it, philosophy is dead. Don't get me wrong, it had it's time and contributed a lot. It was our first attempt at understanding the world, but science has taken over. There is nothing that philosophy can add that has not already been said hundreds of years ago.

My advice is to leave the science to the scientists and just sit back and enjoy all that is discovered and explained (in part or in full) by them. By the way, someone yesterday said something to the effect of "energy cannot exist in a body". Einstein proved in fact that energy and matter are just different manifestations of the same thing, so in actuality, energy is matter.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by ansutherland View Post

I don't know if I am to take a lot of this seriously or not......are you spiritualists just playing with us? You take a legitimate science (quantum physics), which none of you understand in the least (I don't either, but at least I am not applying what I do not understand to explain my own personal beliefs) and use it in ways which science is ill equipped to venture into. While we are at it, philosophy is dead. Don't get me wrong, it had it's time and contributed a lot. It was our first attempt at understanding the world, but science has taken over. There is nothing that philosophy can add that has not already been said hundreds of years ago.

My advice is to leave the science to the scientists and just sit back and enjoy all that is discovered and explained (in part or in full) by them. By the way, someone yesterday said something to the effect of "energy cannot exist in a body". Einstein proved in fact that energy and matter are just different manifestations of the same thing, so in actuality, energy is matter.

If you don't understand something like quantum physics, spirituality or philosophy, the how come you have such a strong opinion on them? I can understand you not being interested but basically you are saying that nobody else does either so they should STFU. You don't have to read any of it you know. You do have a choice.

ansutherland

If you don't understand something like quantum physics, spirituality or philosophy, the how come you have such a strong opinion on them? I can understand you not being interested but basically you are saying that nobody else does either so they should STFU. You don't have to read any of it you know. You do have a choice.

It's not as though I am saying they should STFU, I am saying that it makes no sense claiming they have evidence by misconstruing a science they don't understand. If people want to have a debate, that's fine, but be prepared for the counter argument.

petros
Counter arguement of what? Probably?

darkbeaver
When you die you begin to smell bad pretty soon so make sure you have clean underware on and use extra underarm deodorant, I like Old Splice myself.

. Einstein proved in fact that energy and matter are just different manifestations of the same thing, so in actuality, energy is matter.

Ah that would be mass and not matter. Science has taken over nothing. Science and philosophy have co existed from the beginning. The materialists among us argue otherwise of course but they are mistaken.

lone wolf

If you are not born-again, you will perish in the lake of fire.

Where did you perish?

JLM

Hey you know you're right! I used to head up that way, Duncan, Chemainus beautiful country that.
It's Fire Lake in Ponta Delgado in the Azores.

Pretty close with Duncan dam though.

Your geography may be a tad off. I think he's talkin 50 miles north of Kaslo.

It's not as though I am saying they should STFU, I am saying that it makes no sense claiming they have evidence by misconstruing a science they don't understand. If people want to have a debate, that's fine, but be prepared for the counter argument.

I've always found it dangerous to surmise what a person does or doesn't know.

petros
Ah ha

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Your geography may be a tad off. I think he's talkin 50 miles north of Kaslo.

Could be, but the picture is of the reservoir by Duncan Vancouver Island.

petros

No JLM nailed it with Fire Lake in the Azores

The water is too clean for anywhere in southern Canada and the ocean in the background has the tell tale torquoise markings of limestone and coral shallow waters.

ansutherland
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

When you die you begin to smell bad pretty soon so make sure you have clean underware on and use extra underarm deodorant, I like Old Splice myself.

Ah that would be mass and not matter. Science has taken over nothing. Science and philosophy have co existed from the beginning. The materialists among us argue otherwise of course but they are mistaken.

No, actually it's matter. Matter has mass, and what the Large Hadron Collider is seeking to understand is what gives the matter it's mass....at this point they believe it may be a particle called the Higgs Boson.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

No JLM nailed it with Fire Lake in the Azores

The water is too clean for anywhere in southern Canada and the ocean in the background has the tell tale torquoise markings of limestone and coral shallow waters.

JLM couldn't nail a drunk ***** at a gangbang with a pocket full of condoms. Two different pictures spud. Try to stick with the tour ok, there's a good feller.

JLM

The picture in post #283 sure has as hell isn't which is what Cliff was referring to. Duncan V.I. is my old home town.

ansutherland
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Counter arguement of what? Probably?

The counter argument is to your whimsical claims that we are all connected through energy. Purely from a physics standpoint we are all energy, but you are trying to infer from that physical reality that there may be an afterlife or some place that we go when we die and this is not supported by anything. This is not even a theory, merely a hypothesis and likely an untestable one at that.

JLM

JLM couldn't nail a drunk ***** at a gangbang with a pocket full of condoms. Two different pictures spud. Try to stick with the tour ok, there's a good feller.

And you're an ASSH0LE but that has nothing to do with the discussion here.