Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Twin_Moose
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

fewer parts, fewer jobs
you would think the white nattys would love it
since when have they not been in love with unions getting a shit kicking?

Then there is no excuse to fail to deliver on time is there?

Hoid
manufacturing costs for e vehicles are far far less than for gas vehicles, both in parts and in most especially in labor.

you use that advantage to build tech superiority

Tesla battery tech is 7-8 years old?

still unsurpassed as they ready for the launch of the new battery?

pgs
+1

manufacturing costs for e vehicles are far far less than for gas vehicles, both in parts and in most especially in labor.

Is yours on order yet ? You have to love a guy that spends his days promoting the electric golf I mean vehicle . Meanwhile drives a gasoline powered vehicle .

Hoid
do i?

petros
+1

prove it Flosshole

petros
+1

do i?

Does Tesla make minivans or you guess at how much to fill one? Nice to know you sold the 08 Civic.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Brazil

. . . and Brazil.

Should I list every country that has an old VW??

Curious Cdn
Germany, Mexico and Brazil are the only three countries that made the old VW.

It's not a long list.

taxslave
+1

All of which equals higher profits for the corporations. At least until the lithium miners unionize. Or we get a responsible government that ends subsidies for inferior products.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

All of which equals higher profits for the corporations.

This is why oil is dying.

In 2009 Exxon was the number one stock on the S&P500.

Today it is 11. The first time in 80 years an oil stock was not included in the top 10?

pgs
+1

Today it is 11. The first time in 80 years an oil stock was not included in the top 10?

So , has the consumption of oil decreased ?

Twin_Moose
Hahahaha good question since it hasn't even peaked yet

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Hahahaha good question since it hasn't even peaked yet

But he keeps telling us oil is dead . Look at all the Tesla’s driving around Victoria .

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

So , has the consumption of oil decreased ?

Why would it? The machines that use oil have been improved a lot but there many more of them.

Hoid
oil's immediate problem is that supply far outpaces demand.

Every producer has to cut back in order to inflate prices. If everyone produced all of the oil they were able to the price would be almost nothing.As it ought to be.

Long term, of course, the problem is that oil is going to be eliminated as an energy source for transportation.

taxslave
+1

Sure it is. That is why consumption is up year over year.

taxslave
+1

Every producer has to cut back in order to inflate prices. If everyone produced all of the oil they were able to the price would be almost nothing.As it ought to be.
Long term, of course, the problem is that oil is going to be eliminated as an energy source for transportation.

Probably, In another 150 years.

Hoid
Most experts are saying around about 2030 - but they are mostly trying to prevent panic

MHz
+1

Most experts are saying around about 2030 - but they are mostly trying to prevent panic

NG, coal, oil would bring us to 2120 and well past that without any hiccups. (that would be with lots of advancements along the way)

Twin_Moose
+1

Goes to show that there is no immediate end to Oil, it'll be here a long, long time, to the detriment of hypocritical alternative energy advocates like yourself.

taxslave
+1

Most of the people you call experts predicted peak oil in the 70s.

Hoid

Goes to show that there is no immediate end to Oil, it'll be here a long, long time, to the detriment of hypocritical alternative energy advocates like yourself.

to the determent of life on the planet and anyone stupid enough to be invested in it.

DaSleeper
+2
You still have never answered the question of what kind of car you drive....
Probably a gas guzzler....
Just another hypocritical preacher....

pgs

to the determent of life on the planet and anyone stupid enough to be invested in it.

Why not take that money you have saved up for the next Tesla model and have a vacation. Maybe a week in Shanghai followed by another in Mumbai . When you get back tell us how we are destroying the environment.

Twin_Moose
+1

And you are still apart of the life killing community with your carbon burning vehicle

pgs
+2

And you are still apart of the life killing community with your carbon burning vehicle

And cell phone , and computer , and the groceries, and the on and on .

Hoof Hearted
People drive like jerks today...speeding, tailgaiting, cutting you off...etc.

When my girls become driving age, I'm going to put a sign in the back window of my car which reads...

BE PATIENT. NEW DRIVER

In fact, I believe they should sell signs like this at the Dollar Stores. I think many parents would purchase them.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

People drive like jerks today...speeding, tailgaiting, cutting you off...etc.

When my girls become driving age, I'm going to put a sign in the back window of my car which reads...

BE PATIENT. NEW DRIVER

In fact, I believe they should sell signs like this at the Dollar Stores. I think many parents would purchase them.

Better than , little princess in car .

Hoid
First gas station in America to ditch oil for 100% electric vehicle charging opens in Maryland

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/firs...-now-open.html

won't be the last

petros
+1
What type of gas do sell at this gas station?