Anyone have ideas about driving after a drink or two?


Cannuck
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I think in England & Wales and in Northern Ireland, it's something like the equivalent of two pints of lager you are able to drink at most if you are a man in order to still be legally allowed to drive. For women, it's either the equivalent of a pint or a pint and a half, something like that. In Scotland, it's even lower.

The reality is that driving down Calgary's Deerfoot Trail during rush hour with a BAC of 0.08 is infinitely more dangerous than driving a few miles down a country back road at 3:00 am with a BAC of 0.16. Add the fact that you can easily get a cab in Calgary but not in most rural areas and quite clearly there is a significant difference between the two....but hey...knock yourselves out with your "one size fits all approach" to problem solving.
 
grumpydigger
#92
In today's society, if you sniff the cork and get into an accident you are automatically guilty of impaired driving.
The amount makes no difference.
 
Ludlow
#93
I've been guilty of driving after having a beer or two before. Often times I'd take a back road so as to not get pulled over. Fortunately I never caused an accident or hurt anyone. I should have been shot.
 
Cannuck
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I've been guilty of driving after having a beer or two before. Often times I'd take a back road so as to not get pulled over. Fortunately I never caused an accident or hurt anyone. I should have been shot.

If we shot all the silly people, jobs would be plentiful
 
Ludlow
#95
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

If we shot all the silly people, jobs would be plentiful

If I was a police officer I would have pulled me over and gave me an a$$ beating. then a few days in the clink.
 
Cannuck
#96
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

If I was a police officer I would have pulled me over and gave me an a$$ beating. then a few days in the clink.

Good thing you're not a police officer then. We have enough abusive ones as it is.
 
MHz
#97
They would have shot him in the US, and gotten away with it.
Officer Shoots Wreck Survivor, Doesn't Tell Anyone, Escapes Charges
 
Ludlow
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Good thing you're not a police officer then. We have enough abusive ones as it is.

There are a few. There are a few bad apples in everything. My cousin was a police officer for several years. Good decent person. Gone now. My nephew works for sheriff Joe in Arizona . Good decent responsible person as well. But even he tells me of some of the crap officers have to put up with from parasitical criminals. Not everything is as cut and dry as people think.
 
JLM
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydigger View Post

In today's society, if you sniff the cork and get into an accident you are automatically guilty of impaired driving.
The amount makes no difference.

It's getting to be that way alright. You can be absolutely plastered but that doesn't preclude fault by the other party. I quit drinking and driving about 30 years ago while I was still ahead of the game, I just don't want to be in the position of having had one drink and then a child steps out in front of my car and no time for me to stop. As far as MADD goes, you've either been drinking or you haven't!
 
Cannuck
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

If I was a police officer I would have pulled me over and gave me an a$$ beating. then a few days in the clink.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

There are a few. There are a few bad apples in everything. My cousin was a police officer for several years. Good decent person. Gone now. My nephew works for sheriff Joe in Arizona . Good decent responsible person as well. But even he tells me of some of the crap officers have to put up with from parasitical criminals. Not everything is as cut and dry as people think.

The only thing worse than an abusive police officer that thinks he's also the judge and jury are those that make apologies for their behavior
 
Ludlow
+1
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

The only thing worse than an abusive police officer that thinks he's also the judge and jury are those that make apologies for their behavior

What behavior? You think all police officers are bad guys? you're wrong. The two I knew and know display impeccable behavior, Are you listening or do you have a mental problem? You develop this agenda and opinion in your own mind and regardless of how things are ,, everything revolves and relates to that fvcked up opinion. you're one messed up individual psychologically. Perhaps you need to get some help. If that's possible which is very much in doubt.

I'd like to see you walk the high crime district in Phoenix and see how "diplomatic" you want the police to be as you're getting your throat slit by a thug for whatever few bucks you have in your wallet.
 
Cannuck
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

You think all police officers are bad guys? you're wrong.

Don't be so silly. Try reading what I have written instead of making **** up in your head
 
Ludlow
+1
#103
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Don't be so silly. Try reading what I have written instead of making **** up in your head

You are really one back peddling messed up person. Good luck with your therapy.
 
Cannuck
#104
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

You are really one back peddling messed up person. Good luck with your therapy.

More silliness. Nowhere have I said all cops are bad guys. Your lack of reading comprehension skills is not my issue. Perhaps you should work on it if you plan on participating on a web forum. Reading skills are kind of important.
 
Ludlow
+1
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

More silliness. Nowhere have I said all cops are bad guys. Your lack of reading comprehension skills is not my issue. Perhaps you should work on it if you plan on participating on a web forum. Reading skills are kind of important.

Yeah good recovery. Maybe someone will believe you.

Pathetic really.
 
JLM
+1
#106
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

You are really one back peddling messed up person. Good luck with your therapy.

No use trying to argue with ignorance, Lud!
 
Cannuck
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Yeah good recovery. Maybe someone will believe you.

Pathetic really.

Bwahahahahaha. You're quickly becoming one of my favorites
 
Ludlow
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

No use trying to argue with ignorance, Lud!

Nothing wrong with ignorance,,unless it is willful. Intellectual dishonesty however, is a whole other animal.
 
Cannuck
#109
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

No use trying to argue with ignorance, Lud!

Especially when you're incredibly silly

Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Nothing wrong with ignorance,,unless it is willful. Intellectual dishonesty however, is a whole other animal.

You mean like arguing against what somebody hasn't said? Yes, that would be willful ignorance and incredibly silly to boot
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
#110
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

haha

I think BC requires a yearly testing after a certain age. I may be wrong, though.

You are wrong. I have an 87 year old Mother-In law who still drives in BC, which is why I live in Alberta where I'm safer.
 
JLM
#111
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

You are wrong. I have an 87 year old Mother-In law who still drives in BC, which is why I live in Alberta where I'm safer.

I just found out a couple of days ago my aunt aged 97 who lives in White Rock is still driving................daytime only and just around White Rock. I haven't seen the old gal for about 13 years & she still seemed fairly spry then but I think she's a determined old critter. Most of our family never liked her too much.....................too overbearing!
 
MHz
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

You are wrong. I have an 87 year old Mother-In law who still drives in BC, which is why I live in Alberta where I'm safer.

You spelled 'she's' wrong.
 
Johnnny
#113
Anyone know if Ontario is zero tolerance?
 
JLM
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Yeah good recovery. Maybe someone will believe you.

Pathetic really.

The exact same ones who believe in the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy?