If you can only pick one would it be religous rights or human rights and why?

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

i've never ever had an atheist knock on my door, or send pamphlets, or ring bells on sunday to remind us
we are suppose to be there,or a neighbour wondering why we don't go to church, but from the religious all of the above.

Excepting the JW's, when was the last time that a Christian, Muslim or Buddhist came a-knockin at your door?

How about the JWs?

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

So Christianity is all right as long as they are perfectly quiet and don't ring any bells?

You're pretty close there, Bud! I get pretty tired of the same "old crew" showing up at my door (often at inopportune moments) That kind of sh*t is just plain ignorant. For two reasons - whose business is my religious philosophy? and #2 what gives them the idea they know more about it than I do? Some people need to "get a life"- do you ever see them at cross walks downtown helping cripples cross the street?

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Don't have to look too far on this forum to see those who are a pedlin'.

unfortunately most of them that posted under religion only have now vanished

Quote:

So Christianity is all right as long as they are perfectly quiet and don't ring any bells?

I love the sound of church bells but other than that, is there a need for them to do much else?

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I love the sound of church bells but other than that, is there a need for them to do much else?

Church bells and wind chimes. And the wind blowing through the trees.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I was adressing the comment by the poster who found church bells offensive. I am not aware of any 'offensive' activites among main stream religions. Certainly there are extremists and Jehova's Witnesses.