Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Grab em by the pussy....

Who ?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Crumbling US senate echoes Roman collapse

In failing to hear witnesses in the trial of Donald Trump, the Senate joins other historic bodies that paved the way for despotism.

Don’t be glum, chum. It isn’t as if the United States Senate is the first legislative body to dissolve into an impotent puddle at the feet of a domineering leader. History’s full of ’em. The most glaring example, alas, is the senate in the ancient Roman Republic.
If it’s been a while since you reached for your Edward Gibbon, save yourself the back strain. I’ve spent the weekend thumbing through “The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” and, buddy, as bad as the news is today, by consulting history we are reminded that it can get worse.
Much worse.
Gibbon starts off his epic — some 4,000 pages — of decline with the first emperor; Julius Caesar’s nephew Octavian, who renamed himself “Augustus” and, like a certain president we all know, swept aside governmental norms to gather power to himself.
“Every barrier of the Roman constitution had been leveled by the vast ambition of the dictator,” Gibbon writes. He had help, particularly in rural areas.
”The provinces, long oppressed by the ministers of the republic, sighed for the government of a single person, who would be the master, not the accomplice, of those petty tyrants,” Gibbon writes. “The people of Rome, viewing with secret pleasure the humiliation of the aristocracy, demanded only bread and public shows.”

More: https://chicago.suntimes.com/columni...collapse-trump

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

https://scontent.fyka1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/84896704_2675769742651144_4454658496507412480_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=WiedeLxtMxcAX_xQOPC&_nc_ht=s content.fyka1-1.fna&oh=2463a9746cbfec32258ecbf35291f15e&oe=5ED2D 638

Walter
+1

Trump will do it again cuz there’s nothing wrong with what he did.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Trump will do it again cuz there’s nothing wrong with what he did.

Do you think that the Dems. learnt their lesson on trying to cash in on foreign countries corruption?

Influence peddling anyone?

Pay for play anyone?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Walter
+1

And those maggots and werms were/are in the Dem party, FBI, CIA, and BHO judges.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Ted Cruz Goes Ballistic After Lawmaker Suggests Regulating Men’s Reproductive Rights

Clueless Hypocrite: Pro-Life (Forced-Birth) Senator Ted Cruz is outraged that a lawmaker has proposed legislation that would regulate a man’s reproductive rights.
The Hill reports:
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) took aim at legislation recently introduced in Alabama by a state representative that would, if passed, make it mandatory for certain men to get vasectomies — a bill that comes in response to legislation passed last year that seeks to ban abortion in the state.
TPM reports:
A law requiring vasectomies? Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) will not stand for this blatant violation of a (male) person’s bodily autonomy!
In response to a new law proposed in Alabama that would force all men to get vasectomies once they reach age 50, or father three children, “whichever comes first,” a clueless Cruz tweeted:
Yikes. A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything…literally!

More: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ductive-rights

Walter

Ted Cruz Goes Ballistic After Lawmaker Suggests Regulating Men’s Reproductive Rights

Clueless Hypocrite: Pro-Life (Forced-Birth) Senator Ted Cruz is outraged that a lawmaker has proposed legislation that would regulate a man’s reproductive rights.
The Hill reports:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) took aim at legislation recently introduced in Alabama by a state representative that would, if passed, make it mandatory for certain men to get vasectomies — a bill that comes in response to legislation passed last year that seeks to ban abortion in the state.
TPM reports:
A law requiring vasectomies? Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) will not stand for this blatant violation of a (male) person’s bodily autonomy!
In response to a new law proposed in Alabama that would force all men to get vasectomies once they reach age 50, or father three children, “whichever comes first,” a clueless Cruz tweeted:
Yikes. A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything…literally!

More: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ductive-rights

Cruz is right. Good on him.

AnnaE
lol Whose beard did Cruz steal? He looks ludicrous but at least it partially covers his ugly face.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

He's a misogynistic dipshit and a moron. Of course you worship him.

Serryah
Free Thinker

Why is Cruz right, Walter? Seriously curious.

Walter
+1

Alan Dershowitz says Cruz was his best student ever at Harvard.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

lol Whose beard did Cruz steal? He looks ludicrous but at least it partially covers his ugly face.

Ad hominem is a poor argument.

Walter

AnnaE
+1 / -1

lmao Poor, simple-minded Walter thinks an observation is an argument.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

lmao Poor, simple-minded Walter thinks an observation is an argument.

I feel sorry for the kids he "taught". They must be all brain dead too.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
https://god.dailydot.com/funniest-re...vasectomy-bill

25 Of The Best Reactions To Ted Cruz Missing The Point Of The “Mandatory Vasectomy” Bill

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+2 / -1

25 Of The Best Reactions To Ted Cruz Missing The Point Of The “Mandatory Vasectomy” Bill

I saw this earlier. Cruz us pretty dim.

I liked this response form Twitter user Steve Redmond:

Internet bursts into laughter as Ted Cruz freaks out over vasectomy bill. The irony is that Cruz doesn't need to worry, since Trump castrated Cruz a long time ago.

Oh, so true!

AnnaE
+1 / -1

Oh, crap. I hit the red button, sorry. Not that I think you'd notice after Walter probably doesn't even read your posts and just reds you. lol

AnnaE
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

I saw this earlier. Cruz us pretty dim.

I liked this response form Twitter user Steve Redmond:

Internet bursts into laughter as Ted Cruz freaks out over vasectomy bill. The irony is that Cruz doesn't need to worry, since Trump castrated Cruz a long time ago.

Oh, so true!

lol Too bad Trump didn't think of lobotomizing him, too. But maybe we wouldn't even notice a difference if he did.

Walter

Oh, crap. I hit the red button, sorry. Not that I think you'd notice after Walter probably doesn't even read your posts and just reds you. lol

Rent free.

Walter

lol Too bad Trump didn't think of lobotomizing him, too. But maybe we wouldn't even notice a difference if he did.

AnnaE

Rent free.

Yup. Just cuz I feel sorry for you.

AnnaE

Then quit using them.

Twin_Moose
Conservative

I feel sorry for the kids he "taught". They must be all brain dead too.

One of the elites of the Dems. until they turned on him, go figure

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

One of the elites of the Dems. until they turned on him, go figure

WTF are you babbling about? Wally was never a dem. He's been an asshole all his life. What's your excuse?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Reds are a badge of honour , you have pissed someone off . Greens only go to outstanding posts , maybe five a year .

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

WTF are you babbling about? Wally was never a dem. He's been an asshole all his life. What's your excuse?

Do you talk to your nurses like that to their face ?