4 reasons why Bradley Manning deserves a medal


petros
#61
You can't have it both ways.
 
EagleSmack
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Ahhhhhh so now it's not just fluff and political embarassment?

Quote:

Well the info is all out there. It is mostly embarrassing stuff. I am not aware
of any criminal activity that was in the documents. He just foolishly dumped a
whole bunch of Confidential material onto the web via Wikileaks. The stuff
wasn't even secret info.

Those are your words right?

One minute it's bubble gum the next he sold nuke plans to China like Clinton.

Yes those are my words. Are you misinterpeting them? When I said "It is all out there" I meant that all the info he gave to Wikileaks is out there now and there is not anything that seems to be implicate anyone else with regards to criminal activity.

You know I was answering your assertions that he exposed others that were engaging in criminal activity and they should be arrested as well.

So it wasn't secret info, it was confidential info. Nevertheless... that is a serious crime.
 
petros
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Yes those are my words. Are you misinterpeting them? When I said "It is all out there" I meant that all the info he gave to Wikileaks is out there now and there is not anything that seems to be implicate anyone else with regards to criminal activity.

You know I was answering your assertions that he exposed others that were engaging in criminal activity and they should be arrested as well.

So it wasn't secret info, it was confidential info. Nevertheless... that is a serious crime.

No it's not. It's publicly owned data and apparently no secret according to yourself.

It amounts to a job loss or fine if you work in DC.

All he needs to do is get elected or appointed to Gov and he gets off scott free like Libby or Bush or Clinton?

Slick Willy is roaming free and he sold ****ing nuke designs to China.

That should be a hanging.
 
EagleSmack
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

No it's not. It's publicly owned data and apparently no secret according to yourself.


No no no... it is not publicly owned data... that's why he's in jail. It is still confidential material.

You're not supposed to give it out.

Quote:

It amounts to a job loss or fine if you work in DC.

Espionage can get civillians in trouble too.

Quote:

All he needs to do is get elected or appointed to Gov and he gets off scott free like Libby or Bush or Clinton?

Slick Willy is roaming free and he sold ****ing nuke designs to China.

That should be a hanging.

Yup, Clinton did allow rocket booster info to be shared with the Chinese. It was foolish. I do not know enough about what Clinton and Bush did to speak on it.

I do know that Manning downloaded confidential material and gave it to Wikileaks and that is a serious crime.
 
petros
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

No no no... it is not publicly owned data... that's why he's in jail. It is still confidential material.

You're not supposed to give it out.

Why not? Is cocaine use and hookers too embarassing for some officials?


Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Espionage can get civillians in trouble too.

Yeah to the tune of a $250,000 and then communicated. When does Slick Willy get out of the pokey for selling nuke designs to China?

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post


Yup, Clinton did allow rocket booster info to be shared with the Chinese. It was foolish. I do not know enough about what Clinton and Bush did to speak on it.

Why not? is it too embarassing?

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I do know that Manning downloaded confidential material and gave it to Wikileaks and that is a serious crime.

Yup. Worthy of joblessness if it was just embarassing secrets about coke and *****s.

In October 2005, Libby was indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with the investigation of the leak of the covert identity of Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame Wilson.[3] [4] [5] Plame's relationship with the CIA was formerly classified information. [3] Libby was indicted on five counts relating to the Plame affair: Two counts of perjury, two counts of making false statements to federal investigators, and one count of obstruction of justice. Libby resigned all three government positions immediately after the indictment was announced.[6]

On June 5, 2007, the presiding trial judge, Reggie B. Walton, sentenced Libby to 30 months in federal prison, a fine of $250,000, and two years of supervised release, including 400 hours of community service , [12][13][14][15] and then ordered Libby to begin his sentence immediately. [16] On July 2, 2007, when Libby's appeal of Walton's order failed, Bush commuted Libby's 30-month prison sentence, leaving the other parts of his sentence intact. [17][18] In commuting Libby's prison term, Bush stated: "I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby's sentence that required him to spend thirty months in prison. ... My decision to commute his prison sentence leaves in place a harsh punishment for Mr. Libby.

There ya go. that is the going rate for releasing confidential information by a civilian.

30 Months and $250,000 not bad for a Prez assistant. Who took an oath to guard the info he had.
 
EagleSmack
#66
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why not? Is cocaine use and hookers too embarassing for some officials?


Yeah to the tune of a $250,000 and then communicated. When does Slick Willy get out of the pokey for selling nuke designs to China?

Why not? is it too embarassing?

Yup. Worthy of joblessness if it was just embarassing secrets about coke and *****s.

The bottom line is this... Bradley downloaded confidential material and gave it to Wikileaks so now he's in the clink. He will get court martialed because what he did was a crime.

You are simply not supposed to do that sort of thing.
 
petros
#67
See above about the going rate for releasing confidential information.
 
EagleSmack
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

30 Months and $250,000 not bad for a Prez assistant. Who took an oath to guard the info he had.

Yup. Presidential pardons are not always so just either. Like this one. I do not support this.

That does not mean Manning should get off.
 
petros
#69
I never said he should get off. The B U L L S H I T about life in prison is utterly silly though.

If 30 months is the going rate he doesn't have much longer to go.
 
EagleSmack
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I never said he should get off. The B U L L S H I T about life in prison is utterly silly though.

If 30 months is the going rate he doesn't have much longer to go.

Oh he's getting life for what he did. I doubt he'll have a Florida jury.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#71
The BS is that Libby was a high ranking Republican and Manning was just a low ranking soldier. Just proves there is no equality in the land of the free.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh he's getting life for what he did. I doubt he'll have a Florida jury.

Yup! Liberty, freedom and justice for all, eh! What a crock.
 
petros
#72
Will he be cell mates with GW, Slick Willy and Scooter or they get to walk away?

Manning should have faked a blow job from a **** to divert everyones attention.
 
EagleSmack
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post


Yup! Liberty and freedom for all, eh! What a crock.

Sure! Just don't commit a crime and you can have liberty and freedom!

I had access to confidential material as a Marine. I didn't give any of it away. Here I am!

That's just the way it is.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Will he be cell mates with GW, Slick Willy and Scooter or they get to walk away?

Manning should have faked a blow job from a **** to divert everyones attention.

GW and Clinton didn't get charged with anything. Scooter (was that his name?) did and got convicted but GW commuted part of his sentence. That's BS I agree.

That doesn't mean Manning should walk.
 
petros
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Sure! Just don't commit a crime and you can have liberty and freedom!

I had access to confidential material as a Marine. I didn't give any of it away. Here I am!

That's just the way it is.

Yup and precident has been set by the Office of the President of the United States of America.

30 months, $250K for a Presidential assistant obviously on the orders of his boss. If you are the President you can just walk away sell nuke tech, do blow and **** hookers all you want.

It's just embarassing but not illegal or immoral. Right?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Sure! Just don't commit a crime and you can have liberty and freedom!

I had access to confidential material as a Marine. I didn't give any of it away. Here I am!

That's just the way it is.



GW and Clinton didn't get charged with anything. Scooter (was that his name?) did and got convicted but GW commuted part of his sentence. That's BS I agree.

That doesn't mean Manning should walk.

You glanced over the inequality of it all. Manning is just a scape goat if the others go free.

Oh, but we are aware of the motto, "My country, right or wrong."
 
Colpy
Conservative
#76
Well, I just heard the first thing that ever gave me the slightest tendency for sympathy for Bradley Manning.

Before Manning's deployment, his sargent recommended he NOT be deployed to Iraq because he was "psychologically unfit"......(for an office job, no less) Unfortunately, the US Army was in need of intel people with Manning's training......so off he went despite the warning.

The guy is simply completely unstable.

Oh, and for all those that defend him as having principled reasons for the release of secret documents: That might be an excuse IF he was releasing documents on a certain subject.........exposing a specific ill, as in the Pentagon Papers.....

But Manning had no idea what he was releasing.....he just stole everything he could.

Nuts.
 
petros
#77
As I mentioned before his COs ****ed up royally.

Speaking of the Pentagoon and "confidentiallity". Did that $3.2 Trillion ever turn up yet? How about the missing Billion$ in Iraq?

I'd want **** covered up too if I was scamming that kind of CASH, doing blow and boinking hookers on the taxpayers dollar.

Afghanistan I support but you'll never get me to say a good word about the Iraq lies and corruption that goes right to the top chair of the Whitehouse.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#78
Being nuts should not lessen the penalty for breaking the law.
 
petros
#79
Sorry if you don't like it but 1 in 10 are mentally unstable. Out of that 1 in 10 only 20% get help and only 5% are successfully treated while the remainder are pilled up and cut loose on the streets.

All crime originates in unstable minds.

With 80% being untreated or unaware of their issues ****loads end up doing stupid ****.

One of those would be Manning.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#80
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Sorry if you don't like it but 1 in 10 are mentally unstable. Out of that 1 in 10 only 20% get help and only 5% are successfully treated while the remainder are pilled up and cut loose on the streets.

All crime originates in unstable minds.

With 80% being untreated or unaware of their issues ****loads end up doing stupid ****.

One of those would be Manning.

Question to all.
I will use the qualifier "If" People in Afghanistan were identified from the leaks and murdered.Would Manning be complicit / accessory to their murder?
As to Mental Illness you would have to use the US Law - not Canadian Law regarding Insanity.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Question to all.
I will use the qualifier "If" People in Afghanistan were identified from the leaks and murdered.Would Manning be complicit / accessory to their murder?
As to Mental Illness you would have to use the US Law - not Canadian Law regarding Insanity.

Would all the murder and mayhem be happening if we had not invaded? Are we complicit in every murder perpetrated by the taliban? Our being in Afghanistan is insanity of the first order by anybody's standards.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#82
When have we complied with what you like?
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Would all the murder and mayhem be happening if we had not invaded? Are we complicit in every murder perpetrated by the taliban? Our being in Afghanistan is insanity of the first order by anybody's standards.

For one who lives by Treaties refresh yourself on Article 11 of the NATO treaty. But till then answer the question.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#84
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

So if you were to mislead to volunteer to go to a war, got there and you and all your buddies found absolutely nothing and you knew people were dying for no reason whatsoever over lies would your training fall apart? Would you follow your heart and do whatever you could to expose the truth even if it mean't spending the rest of your life chastized behind bars?

Now your getting a little ridiculous, no one is misled about going to war, you enlist, you are telling your country that you are ready to give your life for it. This is not child's play where you can change what you swore to do. You want to quit, there are procedures how to do it. As EagleSmack said, he willfully committed a crime. All his duties were explained to him before hand.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

For one who lives by Treaties refresh yourself on Article 11 of the NATO treaty. But till then answer the question.

I think it is a dumb question. Theoretically, we don't go onto reservations to bomb and slaughter the inhabitants. We do in Afghanistan, where we have no legitimate reason to be. Show me a treaty that the taliban broke that deserved invasion. Show me where it has been proven that the taliban had anything to do with 911. All they did was ask for proof that bin Laden had anything to do with 911, so we invaded. Tell me again how that is justified. In light of the crimes we (Nato and the US) commited in both Iraq and Afghanistan, your question is irrelevant. He should be a hero for trying to expose the truth of the insanity of US and NATO foreign policies.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I think it is a dumb question. Theoretically, we don't go onto reservations to bomb and slaughter the inhabitants. We do in Afghanistan, where we have no legitimate reason to be. Show me a treaty that the taliban broke that deserved invasion. Show me where it has been proven that the taliban had anything to do with 911. All they did was ask for proof that bin Laden had anything to do with 911, so we invaded. Tell me again how that is justified. In light of the crimes we (Nato and the US) commited in both Iraq and Afghanistan, your question is irrelevant. He should be a hero for trying to expose the truth of the insanity of US and NATO foreign policies.

So it is a dumb question you should be quite at ease providing an answer. Just think if the invasion as you call it was right.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Now your getting a little ridiculous, no one is misled about going to war, you enlist, you are telling your country that you are ready to give your life for it. This is not child's play where you can change what you swore to do. You want to quit, there are procedures how to do it. As EagleSmack said, he willfully committed a crime. All his duties were explained to him before hand.

How was the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan serving their country? Again I will say, that when you discover that you are just a mercinary for the military/industrial complex and not serving your country, as you were told, I think it is very justified to either escape or expose the lies.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

How was the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan serving their country? Again I will say, that when you discover that you are just a mercinary for the military/industrial complex and not serving your country, as you were told, I think it is very justified to either escape or expose the lies.

Now your getting a little ridiculous also.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Now your getting a little ridiculous also.

Invading countries and bombing the crap out of them is ridiculous. How is that serving anybody besides those who profit from it?

Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

So it is a dumb question you should be quite at ease providing an answer. Just think if the invasion as you call it was right.

Well, it wasn't. And I said the question was dumb, not that you were but you insinuate that I am dumb.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#90
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Invading countries and bombing the crap out of them is ridiculous. How is that serving anybody besides those who profit from it?

If you do not like or want to join the military of your country, that is your right. Once you do enlist, you come under a whole set of new laws that you swear to uphold. I don't expect (to quote you) a admitted anarchist to understand that. (no insult intended) By the way, were almost broke so if someone profited from it, it wasn't us.