4 reasons why Bradley Manning deserves a medal


ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#31
Bradley Manning deserves at least 25+ years in the U.S. Penitentiary Leavenworth, Kansas.


These documents were not that Earth shattering, but they were secret. Secrets he was sworn to uphold. Bradley Manning is a traitor and deserves what ever he gets.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Torture is strictly physical?

Certainly not. If you met my 1st wife you would see it is not always physical.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Torture is strictly physical?


He is being held in a Military prison - Just as child molesters are segregated he is as well. I am sure someone would attack or kill him given the chance just as they do with child molesters and those that murder children.
Could he be given more freedom within the prison. I would say yes.

Lastly - no one that has defended him has answered this question.
Then he would also be complicit in the murders of individuals and complete families, including children and women at the hands of Iraqi insurgents and the Taliban. And as such be tried in a Military Court and subject to the Death Penalty.
 
petros
#33
What's the name of that CIA couple that Bush outted and risked their lives? Was that cool?
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Torture is strictly physical?

Reading your posts, no, not necessarily.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What's the name of that CIA couple that Bush outted and risked their lives? Was that cool?

No that was treason. Pure and simple treason.
 
petros
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

No that was treason. Pure and simple treason.

Is there room for two in Mannings cell?

If the top of the Totem pole who also took an oath to uphold the laws and secrects of the land and walked away then so should the bottom of the pole.

If not, then that makes Manning a sceond class citizen in a nation that claims all are equal.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Is there room for two in Mannings cell?

If the top of the Totem pole who also took an oath to uphold the laws and secrects of the land and walked away then so should the bottom of the pole.

If not, then that makes Manning a sceond class citizen in a nation that claims all are equal.

He was sentenced to jail. The one person convicted. Scooter later had his sentence commuted by Bush the Lesser.Served no time. That was another crime, pardon a treasonous act.


United States v. Libby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
petros
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

He was sentenced to jail. The one person convicted. Scooter later had his sentence commuted by Bush the Lesser.Served no time. That was another crime, pardon a treasonous act.


United States v. Libby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good job the GW drafted an E.O. that gave the Prez and top staff immunity huh?
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Good job the GW drafted an E.O. that gave the Prez and top staff immunity huh?

Never said I liked it. Many like you are I are disgusted but that does not excuse Manning.
 
petros
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Never said I liked it. Many like you are I are disgusted but that does not excuse Manning.

When you compare what Libby got and what people want out of Manning, I say the lad has done more than his fair share of hard time. All the networks and print media agencies including our own. Have all made good money off of the lad. The 250,000 fine should be paid by those who benefitted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you posted a Wikileak or two or at least read them and found the content to be be disappointing in respects to comments made by our own Govt and various overlords?

We all stand guilty right alongside.

Some information shouldn't have gotten out in respects to investigations of terrorists but when it comes to comments or actions made by elected officials who are there in the name of the public by the choosing of the public then their personal comments and actions are all fair game.

I do have doubts that anyone would have been harmed who were insiders. Any "good" intelligence agency will assign someone with a code name. Take Osama bin Laden's CIA payroll name of Tim Osman for example.
Last edited by petros; Jul 9th, 2011 at 07:08 PM..
 
EagleSmack
-1
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Bradley Manning deserves at least 25+ years in the U.S. Penitentiary Leavenworth, Kansas.


These documents were not that Earth shattering, but they were secret. Secrets he was sworn to uphold. Bradley Manning is a traitor and deserves what ever he gets.

It does not matter the level of secrets... he dumped a ton of info for all to see. I'd say life in prison.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If not, then that makes Manning a sceond class citizen in a nation that claims all are equal.

Slightly off topic but Congressional Exemptions clearly show that not everyone is that equal. I do not know any that country enjoys 100% equality.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

When you compare what Libby got and what people want out of Manning, I say the lad has done more than his fair share of hard time. All the networks and print media agencies including our own. Have all made good money off of the lad. The 250,000 fine should be paid by those who benefitted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you posted a Wikileak or two or at least read them and found the content to be be disappointing in respects to comments made by our own Govt and various overlords?

We all stand guilty right alongside.

Some information shouldn't have gotten out in respects to investigations of terrorists but when it comes to comments or actions made by elected officials who are there in the name of the public by the choosing of the public then their personal comments and actions are all fair game.

I do have doubts that anyone would have been harmed who were insiders. Any "good" intelligence agency will assign someone with a code name. Take Osama bin Laden's CIA payroll name of Tim Osman for example.

People in Afghanistan were identified from the leaks and murdered. That pales next to Scooter who while guilty the outed CIA Agent was not killed.
 
petros
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

People in Afghanistan were identified from the leaks and murdered. That pales next to Scooter who while guilty the outed CIA Agent was not killed.

Trying to cover up lies about WMD right from the top chairs of the Whitehouse which were used to successfully mentally terrorize the people of the world especially America and the Brits who are good good honest people into going to war in Iraq pales in comparison to a few Afghani lives.

Where was Manning sent as a soldier again? Afghanistan or Iraq?
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Trying to cover up lies about WMD right from the top chairs of the Whitehouse which were used to successfully mentally terrorize the people of the world especially America and the Brits who are good good honest people into going to war in Iraq pales in comparison to a few Afghani lives.

Where was Manning sent as a soldier again? Afghanistan or Iraq?

Iraq
 
petros
#45
Were the reasons for going to Iraq honest or were they misleading?
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Were the reasons for going to Iraq honest or were they misleading?

Misleading.
 
petros
#47
So if you were to mislead to volunteer to go to a war, got there and you and all your buddies found absolutely nothing and you knew people were dying for no reason whatsoever over lies would your training fall apart? Would you follow your heart and do whatever you could to expose the truth even if it mean't spending the rest of your life chastized behind bars?
 
EagleSmack
-1
#48
I think those are all matters of opinions. Many soldiers do not feel like they were mislead.

He committed a crime... plain and simple.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

So if you were to mislead to volunteer to go to a war, got there and you and all your buddies found absolutely nothing and you knew people were dying for no reason whatsoever over lies would your training fall apart? Would you follow your heart and do whatever you could to expose the truth even if it mean't spending the rest of your life chastized behind bars?

Well i knew where you were going with this. When did he enlist?
 
EagleSmack
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Well i knew where you were going with this. When did he enlist?


Ahhh... good point ...

October 2007... 4 years into the Iraq War.

So by then I think everyone pretty much knew there were no WMDs and what Iraq was about.
 
petros
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I think those are all matters of opinions. Many soldiers do not feel like they were mislead.

He committed a crime... plain and simple.

Where am I going with this?

I'm just placing myself in his shoes and looking around. If his training was falling apart on him why weren't his CO's catching on to it? At first signs of trouble he should have been pulled.

There are reasons that there are more noodle Drs employed by the DND than all other medical staff combined.

Yup he sure did break laws and at the same time uncovered far bigger law breakers who have done more damage.

The lack of discretion in what he let out is his failure and by now he has paid for his share.

Have any charges been laid against anyone who his actions uncovered as criminals?

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Ahhh... good point ...

October 2007... 4 years into the Iraq War.

So by then I think everyone pretty much knew there were no WMDs and what Iraq was about.

So the lie was okay because 4 years past?
 
EagleSmack
-1
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Where am I going with this?

I'm just placing myself in his shoes and looking around. If his training was falling apart on him why weren't his CO's catching on to it? At first signs of trouble he should have been pulled.

The Walkers were career Navy men. Sometimes people don't show signs of trouble.


Quote:

Yup he sure did break laws and at the same time uncovered far bigger law breakers who have done more damage.

Who were the far bigger law breakers?

Quote:

The lack of discretion in what he let out is his failure and by now he has paid for his share.

Oh I don't think he's paid his fair share.

Quote:

Have any charges been laid against anyone who his actions uncovered as criminals?

Well the info is all out there. It is mostly embarrassing stuff. I am not aware of any criminal activity that was in the documents. He just foolishly dumped a whole bunch of Confidential material onto the web via Wikileaks. The stuff wasn't even secret info.
 
petros
#53
Quote:

Well the info is all out there. It is mostly embarrassing stuff. I am not aware
of any criminal activity that was in the documents. He just foolishly dumped a
whole bunch of Confidential material onto the web via Wikileaks. The stuff
wasn't even secret info.

Then what's the problem?
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Where am I going with this?

I'm just placing myself in his shoes and looking around. If his training was falling apart on him why weren't his CO's catching on to it? At first signs of trouble he should have been pulled.

There are reasons that there are more noodle Drs employed by the DND than all other medical staff combined.

Yup he sure did break laws and at the same time uncovered far bigger law breakers who have done more damage.

The lack of discretion in what he let out is his failure and by now he has paid for his share.

Have any charges been laid against anyone who his actions uncovered as criminals?

So the lie was okay because 4 years past?

Wrong on the noodle Doctors - a shortage exists.

Bradley Manning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
petros
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Wrong on the noodle Doctors - a shortage exists.

Bradley Manning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4 years ago yup. Not anymore.

Manning is now in a medium security facility.

He should get himself elected then he'll get off on a fine.
 
EagleSmack
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Then what's the problem?

Still a crime.

"Yeah I robbed the store... but nobody got hurt and you got the money back... why don't you just let me go?"

See the problem?
 
petros
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Still a crime.

"Yeah I robbed the store... but nobody got hurt and you got the money back... why don't you just let me go?"

See the problem?

Was it bubble gum or 747? You are the one who said it it was all useless and political embarassments anyway. That would be a bubble gum which would amount to being kicked out of the store.
 
EagleSmack
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Was it bubble gum or 747? You are the one who said it it was all useless and political embarassments anyway. That would be a bubble gum which would amount to being kicked out of the store.

Well if Bradley stole bubblegum he'd be out of jail now wouldn't he.

He gave away Confidential material... that is a big crime regardless of what the material is.

Armed robbery is still armed robbery whether you get $100 or $10,000
 
petros
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Well if Bradley stole bubblegum he'd be out of jail now wouldn't he.

He gave away Confidential material... that is a big crime regardless of what the material is.

Armed robbery is still armed robbery whether you get $100 or $10,000

Ahhhhhh so now it's not just fluff and political embarassment?

Quote:
Well the info is all out there. It is mostly embarrassing stuff. I am not aware
of any criminal activity that was in the documents. He just foolishly dumped a
whole bunch of Confidential material onto the web via Wikileaks. The stuff
wasn't even secret info.

Those are your words right?

One minute it's bubble gum the next he sold nuke plans to China like Clinton or sent a ****load of people to war on false permisses, or exposed a spy while still in operation like Bush.
 
EagleSmack
#60
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Ahhhhhh so now it's not just fluff and political embarassment?

It was always confidential material... it just was not that damaging as people had hoped. Lots of sitreps, correspondence, etc.

BUT nevertheless, it was still confidential and thus a crime. So he's screwed.