Firefox 5 out rather soon after 4 was released

Tony The Bot
Firefox 5 out rather soon after 4 was released
Posted via Canadian Content

If you're a Firefox user, you may have recently been notified of an update to the software letting you know that it is now recommended to upgrade to the latest stable version of Firefox 5. Did you blink twice? Indeed soon after the release of another major version, the final release of version 5 is here. Many are now asking why their favourite Internet browser has jumped from 3.

Read More >>

Superabound
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Im guessing the upgrade was to fix whatever problem caused Firefox 4 to randomly lock up and take up to a full minute to open in the first place. I wish theyd stop adding unnecessary functionality to the damn thing and actually fix the GIGANTIC memory leak Firefox has had since literally day 1.

Retired_Can_Soldier
I heard some complaints about Firefox 4, but I haven't any real issues with it. I was loyal to IE for many years and preferred it to the rather sluggish Netscape Navigator, but since switching to Firefox I rarely use IE.

Great article Chris!

Zooky
Not compatible with Google Toolbar? I recognize that the ball rests with the Google Toolbar folks but it sure has placed any thoughts of moving to 5.0 on hold. T'would have been nice if they had co-ordinate the release both of them. After all, isn't Google is Google........?

Andem
Hi Zooky. Welcome to CC.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zooky View Post

Not compatible with Google Toolbar? I recognize that the ball rests with the Google Toolbar folks but it sure has placed any thoughts of moving to 5.0 on hold. T'would have been nice if they had co-ordinate the release both of them. After all, isn't Google is Google........?

As I understand it, Google and Firefox work or worked very closely together. Both of their head offices are down the road from each other.

weaselwords
Firefox 4 is a pain in the a**. They kept hounding me until I had little but to go to 4. Why can't they leave crochetty old sh*ts alone to our fumbling.

CUBert
Firefox 6 in August

Omicron
Whatever.

It's still the only browser openly adaptable to plugins like http://getfoxyproxy.org enabling users in non-free nations to bypass their national internet censorship firewalls.

IE can't and Chrome won't adapt that way without wrist-twisting.

They gummed it on release 4.x, like the way Microsoft gummed it on Vista, and just like how Microsoft got Win-7 out ASAP to recover from the Vista bungle, so also did Firefox get 5.x ASAP upon understanding the issue.
Last edited by Omicron; Jul 13th, 2011 at 04:40 AM..

eh1eh
Firefox 8. Out fast. lol

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Firefox 8. Out fast. lol

firefox 9.0.1 is available.

vinod1975
its very difficult for windows 7 to accommodated this new roomate

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by vinod1975 View Post

its very difficult for windows 7 to accommodated this new roomate

what new "room mate"? Firefox? I run firefox on XP, Vista, and win 7.

sarimo1
you will never regret whene ya use firefox