Ontario and BC gave Canada 40,000 jobs in October

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

While I'm definitely in favour of the LNG pipeline to the north coast, I don't have any information on Woodfibre. Wasn't there a pulp mill there several years ago that went belly up? Possably a lot of people there looking for a job!

They took the ferry across from Squamish .

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Is that what happened to you? And here we thought it was just your father is also your brother.

They have.

Government jobs don't count.

While I'm definitely in favour of the LNG pipeline to the north coast, I don't have any information on Woodfibre. Wasn't there a pulp mill there several years ago that went belly up? Possably a lot of people there looking for a job!

No one ever lived in Woodfibre. Just the pulp mill. But it might be the incentive to build a road from Squamish to Pt. Mellon.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+3
Since when did governments create jobs? Plenty of jobs here in Toronto, I pimp on the side and make a killing

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Since when did governments create jobs? Plenty of jobs here in Toronto, I pimp on the side and make a killing

Welcome back

lone wolf
Free Thinker

No goats? That influx of folk from the region should'a capped you millions.

...instead, y'all came back

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

They took the ferry across from Squamish .

Yeah, between Squamish and Britannia. We lived in Squamish in 1984!

mentalfloss

First off - Welcome back brother.

Secondly, see First off.

JamesBondo
+1
Quote:

Ontario and BC gave Canada 40,000 jobs in October

That seems like an extremely uneducated title for this thread.

Quote:

by Mentalfloss

Oh! That explains it.

mentalfloss
Oh, how the poor Albertans weep.

Ontario adds 25,400 jobs in October

Employment in Ontario increased by 25,400 in October — including gains in construction and wholesale and retail trade.

Ontario’s unemployment rate decreased to 6.4 per cent in October, and has been lower than the national average for 18 months in a row.

The October job numbers bring the total increase in employment since the recessionary low in June 2009 to 641,100. The majority of these new jobs are full time positions, in the private sector and in industries that pay above-average wages.

Ontario adds 25,400 jobs in October | North Bay Now

JamesBondo
I see good news and an attempted jab at alberta.

For attempting to tie the two together, you have my pity.

lone wolf
Free Thinker

Oh, how the poor Albertans weep.

Ontario adds 25,400 jobs in October

Employment in Ontario increased by 25,400 in October — including gains in construction and wholesale and retail trade.

Ontario’s unemployment rate decreased to 6.4 per cent in October, and has been lower than the national average for 18 months in a row.

The October job numbers bring the total increase in employment since the recessionary low in June 2009 to 641,100. The majority of these new jobs are full time positions, in the private sector and in industries that pay above-average wages.

Ontario adds 25,400 jobs in October | North Bay Now

Flipping burgers isn't the same as bolting on wheels at GM

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

I see good news and an attempted jab at alberta.

For attempting to tie the two together, you have my pity.

And you don't.

But maybe oil will rebound next year.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

And you don't.

But maybe oil will rebound next year.

It's already rebounding. That must make you saltier than Loc watching Trump's concession speech

JamesBondo
What concession speach?

mentalfloss
And what oil rebound?

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.wsj.co...?client=safari

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

That seems like an extremely uneducated title for this thread.

Oh! That explains it.

It is also a lie....Canada lost 23,000 jobs in October

mentalfloss
No it didn't.

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+1
Oh I'm sorry mentalfart..we lost 23,000 real jobs (full-time) capable of supporting a family. Adding 44,000 shifts at Tim Hortons doesn't count or do anything to help the economy.

Quote:

OTTAWA – The economy gained 44,000 net new jobs in October but the gains were entirely in part-time employment , Statistics Canada said Friday.

The overall increase was driven by 67,000 additional part-time jobs for the month, while the number of full-time jobs fell by 23,000.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3046409/ca...ed-in-october/

mentalfloss
Get back to me when there is a net loss.

Until then we're kicking Harper's recessions all over the court.

petros
Confused flosshole? Is there anything you do understand?

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker

Get back to me when there is a net loss.

Until then we're kicking Harper's recessions all over the court.

Why would I bother? You aren't smart enough to understand the difference to the economy and a family when a solid full-time job has to be replaced with 2 sh^tty part-time jobs. You just look at a couple of numbers and think "net gain is good, duh, country better, duh". You are a total moron sometimes...sorry all the time.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Why would I bother? You aren't smart enough to understand the difference to the economy and a family when a solid full-time job has to be replaced with 2 sh^tty part-time jobs. You just look at a couple of numbers and think "net gain is good, duh, country better, duh". You are a total moron sometimes...sorry all the time.

Don't you think those "sh8tty part time jobs" are just as necessary to the operation of the country as those high paying full time jobs?

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+1

Don't you think those "sh8tty part time jobs" are just as necessary to the operation of the country as those high paying full time jobs?

Of course we need part-time jobs but we need many more full-time jobs. How do 23,000 families survive on part-time wages. Even if every full-time worker took 2 of those part-time jobs their income would be lower for working twice as many hours. Part-time is great for students and mom to make some spending cash but they do not support a mortgage and feed a family etc which is the backbone of society.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Of course we need part-time jobs but we need many more full-time jobs. How do 23,000 families survive on part-time wages. Even if every full-time worker took 2 of those part-time jobs their income would be lower for working twice as many hours. Part-time is great for students and mom to make some spending cash but they do not support a mortgage and feed a family etc which is the backbone of society.

There's likely 23,000 students who can handle part time jobs due to time restrictions.

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker

There's likely 23,000 students who can handle part time jobs due to time restrictions.

Put your glasses on old man. We lost 23,000 full-time jobs. That is 23,000 families now struggling to put food on the table and pay rent/mortgage. I don't care about the students making beer money.

petros
The kids aren't raising families.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Put your glasses on old man. We lost 23,000 full-time jobs. That is 23,000 families now struggling to put food on the table and pay rent/mortgage. I don't care about the students making beer money.

And tuition and books and rent and groceries and clothes and health care. Put your f**king glasses on. Here's a question for you - Does anyone actually owe anyone else a job?

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The kids aren't raising families.

Who says they are all kids? Who says they aren't supporting families or helping out parents?