Black on Black violence; who cares?


Walter
#1
Two more shootings on the weekend. Does anyone give a rodent's behind? Thank-you Turdoh.
 
lone wolf
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Two more shootings on the weekend. Does anyone give a rodent's behind? Thank-you Turdoh.

Trudeau's been gone for a decade now. Don't you ever get tired of poor finger aim?

Woof!
 
MikeyDB
#3
Hey Lone Wolf....

Given time Walter will haul out Adolph Hitler to demonstrate that inter-racial violence and self-destruction are product of genetics......

Just give it time.....
 
jimmoyer
#4
Black on black violence is the elephant in the room often ignored.
Bill Cosby, Jesse Jackson, and Farrakhan, to their credit, have spoken a lot about this issue. I respect this issue greatly because you are witnessing self-responsibility and self-analysis --- no easy trick for any human being to perform.
 
MikeyDB
#5
Good Day Mr. Jimmoyer..!

Do you think it's possible for a people who've been ostracized, sent to war in the name of a society that was prepared to own them as slaves....who busily set about developing their own cultural framework learning from gangsters and cowboys....how one attains "freedom"....that this situation could have evolved any other way?
 
missile
#6
I care. Then,I abhor all forms of violence.
 
jimmoyer
#7
Do you think it's possible for a people who've been ostracized, sent to war in the name of a society that was prepared to own them as slaves....who busily set about developing their own cultural framework learning from gangsters and cowboys....how one attains "freedom"....that this situation could have evolved any other way?
-------------------------------------------MikeyDB---------------------------------------------------------

Maybe there was no other path. Maybe your premise is correct.

But what is the way out of those bad origins ?

We are watching a parable for all of the human race here.

On some level we have to stop blaming our parents.

That still may not be enough. But such an action of not blaming our parents literally and metaphorically is an absolute requirement for future emancipation for all of us.
 
Praxius
#8
I'll respond to the thread title:

Black on Black violence; who cares?

I don't... Black on Black violence isn't anymore of an issue then it is with White on White or Mexican on Mexican violence..... Violence is violence plain and simple and I hardly believe that black people who commit violence against other black people just simply isolate their attacks to just their own race and probably commit violence against anybody they feel they want to, just like any other race on the planet.

If there are more violent crimes commited on average by the black community compared to any other race, then perhaps one should address that problem and why it is happening, not just the violence they commit against their own race.

Frig, I never cared for the term "Black on Black Violence" and how big of an issue it is, as it seems to potray that kind of violence as worse then any other violennce in society or that it's more important then any other form of violence.

When you're getting your ass kicked in an alley, it doesn't matter if you're black or white or any other race.... it's still violence. If you keep trying to seperate things based on race, religion or sexual preference, then you're adding to the problem and potraying those problems as being special, and in my eyes, adding fuel to the fire.

If it's related to gang violence or something like that, then perhaps you should address the gangs, not the races.
 
lone wolf
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

I'll respond to the thread title:

Black on Black violence; who cares?

I don't... Black on Black violence isn't anymore of an issue then it is with White on White or Mexican on Mexican violence..... Violence is violence plain and simple and I hardly believe that black people who commit violence against other black people just simply isolate their attacks to just their own race and probably commit violence against anybody they feel they want to, just like any other race on the planet.

If there are more violent crimes commited on average by the black community compared to any other race, then perhaps one should address that problem and why it is happening, not just the violence they commit against their own race.

Frig, I never cared for the term "Black on Black Violence" and how big of an issue it is, as it seems to potray that kind of violence as worse then any other violennce in society or that it's more important then any other form of violence.

When you're getting your ass kicked in an alley, it doesn't matter if you're black or white or any other race.... it's still violence.

In which neighbourhoods do the majority of drive-by's happen?

Woof!
 
Praxius
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

In which neighbourhoods do the majority of drive-by's happen?

Woof!

And what are drive-bys done by? Gangs.... which I already addressed.... unless it's just a favorite pass time for some people.

Regardless, it's not all black people who do drive-bys either and there are many other races at play..... but they all sum up to gangs.

Solve the gang problems and you just might solve your "Black on Black Violence."

Just claiming it's blacks who do drive-bys or the majority of it, is racist in itself, as it excludes any other races from doing this sort of thing and doesn't address the real problem..... which is why this "Black on Black Violence" hasn't been solved yet..... because there's no such thing, just like Global Warming..... once again, that is unless you want to just isolate that race as the bad guys and make it sound like no other races attack each other.
 
jimmoyer
#11
I understand your point Praxius on dismissing singling out Black on Black violence as no different from any butt kicking in any alley way.

But...

The proclivity of the civil rights groups to focus on race vs race violence instead of their own race killing their own race requires special attention. Focusing on black on black violence is not as sexy an issue in the major media as is black vs white or latino vs black, etcetera.
 
Praxius
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmoyer View Post

I understand your point Praxius on dismissing singling out Black on Black violence as no different from any butt kicking in any alley way.

But...

The proclivity of the civil rights groups to focus on race vs race violence instead of their own race killing their own race requires special attention. Focusing on black on black violence is not as sexy an issue in the major media as is black vs white or latino vs black, etcetera.

What about white on white, or latino on latino? This issue for me, is that there isn't anymore of a problem with black on black then any other races attacking their own. There might still be a problem with races attacking other races, but to me, it's still no different then same race violence (Minus a few exceptions of actually racist people with their own agendas)

The only reason I see why there is attention to Black on Black more so, is once again, related to gang violence in low income areas mainly located in the US. The reason why it's mostly african-americans who are involved in these gangs, is because the population in those areas are majority african-american, therefore the chances of that violence happening on blacks is sorta a given based on ratio.

It's the same thing when you compare how female drivers have lower insurance then males.... it's not because women are better drivers, it's because the majority of drivers are male, thus there is a greater chance of males getting into accidents then females overall. ~ It's related to skewed perspectives of the actual problems.

And the reason why there are gangs in these areas, is because of the low employment and the low income.... to me, it boils down to the continual racial problems within the US, where as I see it, african-americans, latinos, and other minority races have a difficult time trying to get proper education and proper jobs, so they have to live in the sh*tty neighborhoods that they can afford, and thus, the gangs follow those areas, due to being one of the few ways to get money for your families and yourself. Then you have gang wars and territories due to trying to deal drugs and such in your areas, plus protection of your areas (neighborhoods) from other gangs trying to do the same things, and thus the violence occurs with drive-bys and other forms.

Give these neighborhoods some decent jobs and a proper chance for a future and you just might see this problem reducing.
 
lone wolf
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

And what are drive-bys done by? Gangs.... which I already addressed.... unless it's just a favorite pass time for some people.

Regardless, it's not all black people who do drive-bys either and there are many other races at play..... but they all sum up to gangs.

Solve the gang problems and you just might solve your "Black on Black Violence."

Just claiming it's blacks who do drive-bys or the majority of it, is racist in itself, as it excludes any other races from doing this sort of thing and doesn't address the real problem..... which is why this "Black on Black Violence" hasn't been solved yet..... because there's no such thing, just like Global Warming..... once again, that is unless you want to just isolate that race as the bad guys and make it sound like no other races attack each other.

No racism. Just pure observation of a politically incorrect world. Gangsta makes it fashionable. The Jane Street corridor is my example.
Last edited by lone wolf; Jun 2nd, 2008 at 02:54 PM..
 

Similar Threads

53
Black on Black crime
by Walter | Oct 11th, 2009
34
Hermy, this is a Black-Op
by Stretch | Apr 20th, 2007
3
Man sees big black cat in Black Dog.
by Blackleaf | May 22nd, 2006
7
Things looking black for Black
by pastafarian | Nov 21st, 2005