Disappointed dad finds single wotsit in his packet of crisps


Blackleaf
#1
A packet of wotsits turned out to be just a packet of wotsit, with only a single crisp inside.

Andy Stubbs, 43, was looking forward to tucking into the snack when he gave the bag a shake and noticed it seemed very airy.

Disappointed dad finds single wotsit in his packet of crisps


Jen Mills
Tuesday 10 Sep 2019
The Metro


Andy Stubbs who has been left let down by Walkers (Picture: SWNS)

A packet of wotsits turned out to be just a packet of wotsit, with only a single crisp inside.

Andy Stubbs, 43, was looking forward to tucking into the snack when he gave the bag a shake and noticed it seemed very airy.

He could not hear any crisps rattling against each other, and began to suspect he had an unusual bag on his hands.

The software developer and dad-of-two at first wanted to keep it as a ‘memento’ (whatever floats your boat) but then he was egged on to find out when was inside by sons Oscar, nine, and Harry, five.

The family gathered round the kitchen table and filmed the moment Andy opened the bag on Saturday, and a single, perfectly-shaped wotsit fell out.

Andy from Sidcup, south-east London, said: ‘It’s not often you get a one-wotsit bag of wotsits, is it?’

‘I’d bought a multipack for the family a couple of months back, and I’d gone to get a bag of Wotsits because – why not?

‘Lo and behold – when I held the bag, I could feel it was full of air. I shook it around, and realised there might only have been one wotsit inside.

‘So I showed it to Jane and the boys, and we all cried our eyes out.

‘Harry really wanted to open the bag, mostly because he wanted to eat it. But I said that it would be funnier to keep it as a memento.

‘When Jane saw in the news about the guy who only had a one-bean tin of baked beans, she encouraged me to open it up and see.

‘When I opened it, there was something slightly anti-climactic about it. We’d known for a while there was probably just one wotsit.


A single wotsit (Picture: SWNS)


Wotsit all about? (Picture: SWNS)

‘But it didn’t stop the whole thing from being funny.”

Andy, who bought the bag in June, but added: ‘It [the crisp] felt quite stale. I wouldn’t let my son eat that.’

A packet of Wotsits should contain an average of 42 puffs inside.

It comes after the shock news that a man found just a single bean swimming in bean juice in his tin of Heinz.

Steve Smith, 41, said: ‘I thought it was funny – but annoying! It was the last tin we had in the cupboard.

A Walkers spokesperson said: Our packets are filled by weight. We’d ask anyone who is dissatisfied with a product to get in touch with our Consumer Services team, who’ll be very happy to help.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/10/disap...isps-10715789/
 
AnnaEmber
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

[B]A packet of wotsits turned out to be just a packet of wotsit, with only a single crisp inside.
A Walkers spokesperson said: Our packets are filled by weight. We’d ask anyone who is dissatisfied with a product to get in touch with our Consumer Services team, who’ll be very happy to help.’
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/10/disap...isps-10715789/

"A Walkers spokesperson said: ‘Our packets are filled by weight.' "
Obviously, one crisp weighs the same as about 40, right? lol
 
Blackleaf
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

"A Walkers spokesperson said: ‘Our packets are filled by weight.' "
Obviously, one crisp weighs the same as about 40, right? lol

Probably weighs the same with all the air in it.
 
AnnaEmber
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Probably weighs the same with all the air in it.

Yeah cuz the air would gain weight cuz of the crisps' calories, yeah? lmao
 
Blackleaf
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Yeah cuz the air would gain weight cuz of the crisps' calories, yeah? lmao

Well you don't know how much air was in it.
 
Curious Cdn
#6
Did you ever get a limp, flaccid Wotsit, Blackleaf?
 
Blackleaf
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Did you ever get a limp, flaccid Wotsit, Blackleaf?

No, but I remember as a kid when each packet of Wotsits had a free packet of Panini football stickers or Pogs inside. They were the days.
 
Curious Cdn
#8
Those are called "Cheesies" on this side of the planet.

I don't know what the Yanks call them.

"Screamin' Eagles" or "Freedom Crunchies" or some such.
 
Blackleaf
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Those are called "Cheesies" on this side of the planet.
I don't know what the Yanks call them.
"Screamin' Eagles" or "Freedom Crunchies" or some such.

Wotsits are made by Walkers, our equivalent of Lay's.

 
Curious Cdn
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Wotsits are made by Walkers, our equivalent of Lay's.

I have a mule who brings me exotic crisps from the UK everybody often ... Roast Lamb in Mint Sauce, Roast Beef, Tiki Masala, etc. We can get British stuff like that in various speciaty shops around there but they're usually expensive.
 
Blackleaf
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I have a mule who brings me exotic crisps from the UK everybody often ... Roast Lamb in Mint Sauce, Roast Beef, Tiki Masala, etc. We can get British stuff like that in various speciaty shops around there but they're usually expensive.

You used to be able to get hedgehog flavour.
 
Curious Cdn
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

You used to be able to get hedgehog flavour.

Does it taste faintly of rubber tyres?
 
Blackleaf
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Does it taste faintly of rubber tyres?

I can't really remember. I remember eating a packet of them on Masefield County Primary School playground in about 1991.

I suppose they tasted of hedgehog.
 

Similar Threads

0
NIS admits to packet tapping Gmail
by Locutus | Sep 21st, 2011
5
Packet attacks
by Anonymous | Jun 17th, 2002