But, consensus!

Locutus
If, as seems increasingly likely, the nutritional advice on which we have relied for 40 years was profoundly flawed, this is not a mistake that can be laid at the door of corporate ogres. Nor can it be passed off as innocuous scientific error. What happened to John Yudkin belies that interpretation. It suggests instead that this is something the scientists did to themselves - and, consequently, to us.

We tend to think of heretics as contrarians, individuals with a compulsion to flout conventional wisdom. But sometimes a heretic is simply a mainstream thinker who stays facing the same way while everyone around him turns 180 degrees.

The sugar conspiracy | Ian Leslie | Society | The Guardian

The Sound Of Settled Science - Small Dead Animals

Jinentonix
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Fun fact. The title of "nutritionist" is a self-title. There is not a school in NA that I'm aware of that has an accredited "nutrition" program.

Ludlow
cuz ladders

taxslave
The readers digest version from my Naturopath is that it is processed sugar that is the problem. Chewing on sugar cane does not seem to have the same effect.

Locutus
+1
or if you like...

If, as seems increasingly likely, the _____________ advice on which we have relied for ____ years was profoundly flawed, this is not a mistake that can be laid at the door of corporate ogres. Nor can it be passed off as innocuous scientific error. It suggests instead that this is something the __________ists did to themselves - and, consequently, to us.

eg) vaccine, climate, adhd, economic, aids, ddt, voc's, 'carbon stuff' etc...

Nick Danger
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

The readers digest version from my Naturopath is that it is processed sugar that is the problem. Chewing on sugar cane does not seem to have the same effect.

I've been told the same thing, that heavily processed foods digest so easily it leads to spikes in blood sugar, while whole food products are harder to digest and enter our systems slower and for longer. Loose rule of thumb is "don't eat anything white."

Angstrom
It doesn't matter, The strong will survive, and the weak that can't handle it will die. And the world will continue.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Fun fact. The title of "nutritionist" is a self-title. There is not a school in NA that I'm aware of that has an accredited "nutrition" program.

UofM off the top o me noggin. My kid is enrolled.
University of Manitoba - University of Manitoba - Agricultural and Food Sciences - Human Nutritional Sciences

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

UofM off the top o me noggin. My kid is enrolled.
University of Manitoba - University of Manitoba - Agricultural and Food Sciences - Human Nutritional Sciences

Just because the course is offered at an accredited university does not mean the course or degree itself is accredited. Several universities have offered nutritional science degree programs for years.
I'm not saying Manitoba's is not accredited, things do change. I'm simply going on the last information I had which admittedly is a few years old.

mentalfloss
Denier withdrawal symptoms are reaching critical levels.

It's going to get even tougher soon.

Just stay safe guys.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

I've been told the same thing, that heavily processed foods digest so easily it leads to spikes in blood sugar, while whole food products are harder to digest and enter our systems slower and for longer. Loose rule of thumb is "don't eat anything white."

Sort of. The don't eat anything white is to with the fact that it is highly processed. But it goes farther when there are so many chemical compounds that our bodies do not recognize so the body tends to reject them. The other problem is that we have become sedentary while eating like working people. This is my wife's area of expertise so I mostly just do as I am told.

Frankiedoodle
I tend to eat what I want, but try to not go overboard with snacks. I used to be a heavy pop drinker but seem to be doing better now that I have increased the mount of water I drink. One step at a time.