Tired of the winters? Come to Florida!


Rayj00
#1
We have a nice condo for sale. Please visit: SPAM Real Estate Site Removed


Ray
Last edited by Ron in Regina; 2 weeks ago at 03:27 PM..Reason: SPAM Real Estate Site Removed
 
taxslave
+1
#2
Didn't you know with globull warming in effect we have winter vacation spots on the Arctic Ocean.
 
Rayj00
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Didn't you know with globull warming in effect we have winter vacation spots on the Arctic Ocean.


Yea, right. And Florida will turn into a barren flooded swampland, full of alligators and python snakes.
 
captain morgan
+1
#4
Kind of a crazy time to list a real estate purchase in the Florida area
 
Rayj00
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Kind of a crazy time to list a real estate purchase in the Florida area


Why do you say that? Hurricane season?
 
captain morgan
#6
Yes sir.. Was just listening to the news and heard about the hurricane situation down in your area
 
Jinentonix
+2
#7
Some people may think winters suck but they beat the hell of out hurricanes and sink holes. I've lived in places that have some pretty gnarly winters and yet I've never had to abandon my home, even temporarily, because of a snow storm.
 
Curious Cdn
#8
Let's see if you're still alive on Tuesday morning, Ray.
 
pgs
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Let's see if you're still alive on Tuesday morning, Ray.

Hurricane missed Florida dumb ass .
 
Curious Cdn
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Hurricane missed Florida dumb ass .

It's in the Bahamas and it hasn't reached Florida yet, "dumbass".

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...923.shtml?cone
 
Rayj00
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It's in the Bahamas and it hasn't reached Florida yet, "dumbass".

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...923.shtml?cone


I am way south of where the hurricane is. And it will not make land in Florida. They are predicting Georgia/S. Carolina..


But I digress. I would much rather put up with the hurricane threats than cold winters up north. If that's what you like...great!
I was born and raised in Chicago. I know what bad weather is. Been through the times when the entire city was closed down!
Been through many 30-80 below zero wind-chills. You can have them.
 
Hoid
#12
I would rather live just about anywhere rather than Florida
 
Rayj00
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I would rather live just about anywhere rather than Florida


To each his own....
 
Curious Cdn
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayj00 View Post

To each his own....

I have in-laws down in Floriduh. Their grandfather moved them down there from Canada to help build Mercury Gemini and Apollo with Nasa, Half of my wife's family stayed in Florida (because the winters are cold, here) and half returned to Canada. The ones that stayed on Florida have had violence, crime and misfortune visited on them over and over. Most recently, a year ago, my wife's niece died a horrible, violent death under extremely suspicious circumstances that only got the most cursory and superficial police investigation (Yes, they are White) near Jacksonville.

I will also mention that, comparing notes, they receive noticably inferior Heath care in Florida that costs a lot and delivers an interior product (a country-wide phenomenon, likely).

The lucky ones came back to Canada and the unlucky ones stayed where it's warm.

To each his own.

I do pity you.
 
Rayj00
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I have in-laws down in Floriduh. Their grandfather moved them down there from Canada to help build Mercury Gemini and Apollo with Nasa, Half of my wife's family stayed in Florida (because the winters are cold, here) and half returned to Canada. The ones that stayed on Florida have had violence, crime and misfortune visited on them over and over. Most recently, a year ago, my wife's niece died a horrible, violent death under extremely suspicious circumstances that only got the most cursory and superficial police investigation (Yes, they are White) near Jacksonville.

I will also mention that, comparing notes, they receive noticably inferior Heath care in Florida that costs a lot and delivers an interior product (a country-wide phenomenon, likely).

The lucky ones came back to Canada and the unlucky ones stayed where it's warm.

To each his own.

I do pity you.


No reason to pity me. We love it here. Sure there is some violence. Mostly drug related. But it's much better here than say...Chicago. We live in a gated community so no violence where we live. We will be moving into a brand new community at the end of this month. It's gated too. Our health care is sufficient for our needs. As for pity....I offer that to the homeless in Canada, especially during the winters.
 
Curious Cdn
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayj00 View Post

No reason to pity me. We love it here. Sure there is some violence. Mostly drug related. But it's much better here than say...Chicago. We live in a gated community so no violence where we live. We will be moving into a brand new community at the end of this month. It's gated too. Our health care is sufficient for our needs. As for pity....I offer that to the homeless in Canada, especially during the winters.

You clearly don't know what it's like up here in a progressive, modern country.
 
Rayj00
+2
#17
...and BTW, why do many Canadians come to the U.S. for health care issues?
 
Rayj00
+1
#18
A progressive modern country? You appear to be throwing politics into this discussion. I am strictly talking about weather. Why are there a lot of Canadians here during the Winter? I see a ton of Ontario license plates driving around in the winter months?
 
Rayj00
#19
In fact, the condo right next to me is owned by multiple family members from the U.K. as well as Canada. They visit multiple times a year.
 
Curious Cdn
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayj00 View Post

In fact, the condo right next to me is owned by multiple family members from the U.K. as well as Canada. They visit multiple times a year.

Who translates for them?
 
taxslave
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayj00 View Post

No reason to pity me. We love it here. Sure there is some violence. Mostly drug related. But it's much better here than say...Chicago. We live in a gated community so no violence where we live. We will be moving into a brand new community at the end of this month. It's gated too. Our health care is sufficient for our needs. As for pity....I offer that to the homeless in Canada, especially during the winters.

Is gated community the new buzz word for jail? Always seamed to me that there is something wrong with people that have to be locked in.
 
Danbones
#22
Is Gay Ted the same fello as Disco Necked Ted?

Or are they two different people?
 
Rayj00
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Who translates for them?


Why translate, Eh?
 
Rayj00
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Is gated community the new buzz word for jail? Always seamed to me that there is something wrong with people that have to be locked in.


Nah bro. I come and go as I please. It's to keep people like you out!! Eh?
 
Hoid
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayj00 View Post

...and BTW, why do many Canadians come to the U.S. for health care issues?

to buy the service for cash rather than wait to get it for free in Canada.

Americans come here to buy drugs they can't afford in America.

Over 600,000 Americans go bankrupt every year due to health issues

Its the largest single reason for bankruptcy there
 
Rayj00
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

to buy the service for cash rather than wait to get it for free in Canada.

Americans come here to buy drugs they can't afford in America.

Over 600,000 Americans go bankrupt every year due to health issues

Its the largest single reason for bankruptcy there


"to buy the service for cash rather than wait to get it for free in Canada."?? Really? Canadians would rather pay for service than get it for free?


And I do agree with the price of pharma.....ridiculous! Us Americans pay for all the R&D and the rest of the world reap the benefits of lower prices.
 
Hoid
#27
California has a far nicer climate than Florida. For all 12 months.

Florida in the summer is horrible
 
petros
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You clearly don't know what it's like up here in a progressive, modern country.

Are you drunk again?
 
petros
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

to buy the service for cash rather than wait to get it for free in Canada.
Americans come here to buy drugs they can't afford in America.
Over 600,000 Americans go bankrupt every year due to health issues
Its the largest single reason for bankruptcy there

Nope.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/arti...ankruptcy-myth
 
petros
+1
#30
found that medical spending was a contributing factor in only 17 percent of U.S. bankruptcies. They also reviewed other research, including studies by the Department of Justice, finding that medical debts accounted for only 12 percent to 13 percent of the total debts among American bankruptcy filers who cited medical debt as one of their reasons for bankruptcy.

As for the notion that greater government involvement in health insurance will reduce bankruptcy, it is helpful to compare personal bankruptcy rates in the United States and Canada. Unlike the United States, Canada has a universal, government-run health insurance system. Following the logic of Himmelstein and colleagues, we should therefore expect to observe a lower rate of personal bankruptcy in Canada compared to the United States.

Yet the evidence shows that in the only comparable years, personal bankruptcy rates were actually higher in Canada. Personal bankruptcy filings as a percentage of the population were 0.20 percent in the United States during 2006 and 0.27 percent in 2007. In Canada, the numbers are 0.30 percent in both 2006 and 2007. The data are from government sources and defined in similar ways for both countries and cover the time period after the legal reforms to U.S. bankruptcy laws in 2005 and before the onset of the 2008 economic recession
 

Similar Threads

10
Jonathan Winters Dead at 87
by Sal | Apr 12th, 2013